300ZX Z32 Tech Tips For 90-96 Z32's.

How to make the N/A Faster?? swap mass merge thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Über User

yes and or no. it depends. in your case on a Z32... no such thing, the intake is in front of the car already so its cold air and ram air already. in other cars it can be. but not always. yes it will draw in colder air, but it will also draw in alot more stuff... its more susceptable to dust road debree and water because most run to the fender wells. many times they will even get damaged or could even fall off and then your sucking in lots of crap straight into the intake. and the difference between the air when moving wont be much because your still going to get a decent amount of air circulation under the hood as well. i think there are more reasons i just cant think of them, just do a search on google and stuff.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:20 PM

ok thanks, also i had this idea about cutting up a design in my stock hood since it is about as light as carbon fiber. what i wanted to do was put 3 V on the hood with the end pointing toward the front. i read somewhere on the fourms that the water that goes through the hood will f&*k up the engine and could also short circut the electronics. i was wondering if that was true even if i put in new wires and cover the connections in plastic???
Old 04-18-2007, 04:50 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

if you are REALLY going to have $60,000 to spend:

A. If you want really fast, buy a TT car.

B. Don't get a car with a JDM engine.

C. Don't get a 1990 z32. '94-'95 is prefferable.

for a lot less than 60k, you could have a fully modded, fully custom, low mile, original engine '94-'95 TT z32
Old 04-18-2007, 05:02 PM

i hope i don't sound like i'm rich to you guys but the reason i'll have that kind of money is because i am trying to get a tour in iraq so that i'll have money to put stuff in the z32 that i'm getting. the reason i'm getting that car is because it is already fixed up. not really sure if it is a jdm motor but will let you know by early next week. i know that a tt is the way to go for power but i just want a car that i can drive everyday with that little extra "kick" but i do not want a tt, the reason i said that money dosen't matter to me is so that i can get as much feed back as i can with out concern for money, so please (not trying to offend anyone) don't tell me to get a tt i just want to know what i can do and what the power gain will be, i'm not a street racer anymore but incase a civic/integra (which is the only sports cars in my area) thinks there car is fast than i want to smoke them. so please help me with my question not opinions. and also where i can get a shop to do everything (perfomance, suspension, wiring, ect....) and also and z car clubs near here. and last i want an answer to my previous post about the hood design that i want to do. thanks and sorry for sounding like an A$$hole....

Last edited by dragon; 04-18-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Über User

dont cut your hood, they are pretty light hoods already but not CF light, there are ALOT of electronics uner there you odnt want to get wet, and if you do cut up your hood, your likely to regret it later. if you want a daily dirver Z32 with a little kick then just get full echaust and headers, new smaller pullies and some cams and maybe an SAFC-II and intake, that should be sufficient for just a little extra kick. if you want power then go TT. why dont you want TT though?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:11 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by dragon
i know that a tt is the way to go for power but i just want a car that i can drive everyday with that little extra "kick" but i do not want a tt
B and C still apply. and i understand the money thing. deployment is a great way to save money. best advice i can offer, spend as little as you possibly can while over there, and resist the urge to go nuts when you get back. have some fun, but invest the majority. you will be happy you did a few years down the road.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:54 PM

thanks thats the answers i wanted, now if it is a jdm engine should i get a complete perfomance tuned engine from a z retailer like z1motosports.com??? also what do i need to completely upgrade my suspension to handle 18' rims (front 18x7.5 rear 18x8.5), i also read on this forum that energy made bushings will last a long time and get rid of wheel hop, i also wanted to upgrade my braking system and i read that brembo is a good choice. that is all i wanted to do including a few cosmetic stuff. when i get my car i'll put up some pics so that you can see it, also when i do all of this to my car where should i get everything done???

Last edited by dragon; 04-18-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:40 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

thanks thats the answers i wanted, now if it is a jdm engine should i get a complete perfomance tuned engine from a z retailer like z1motosports.com??? also what do i need to completely upgrade my suspension to handle 18' rims (front 18x7.5 rear 18x8.5), i also read on this forum that energy made bushings will last a long time and get rid of wheel hop, i also wanted to upgrade my braking system and i read that brembo is a good choice. that is all i wanted to do including a few cosmetic stuff. when i get my car i'll put up some pics so that you can see it, also when i do all of this to my car where should i get everything done???
all of your questions have been answered many times on this forum. it is good forum etiquette to search. once you do your research, make some decisoins and then ask specific questions. we are all willing to help, thats why we are here. but nobody likes answering the same question over and over.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:31 AM

hello everyone, well i was looking through the fourms just trying to get more information and i came across a thread about an oil thermostat and went to the web site to check it out and on that web site i can across Extreme Direct Ignition System from www.racerpartswholesale.com and was wondering if anyone has or knows some one who used it. i also read that on an n/a an upgraded direct ignition system is supposed to give you 7rwhp. personally that is not enought for me to really worry about but it's not the power tha it gives but the efficency that got me interested in the product. so my question is if anyone has used it before or if you guys think that it will help for what i will be doing to my n/a. here is the direct url (http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/electro3a.htm)
Old 04-19-2007, 02:09 PM
caught the z fever

it would probably help out some if you modified your engine as far as it could go first.

but for just normal mods, youre not going to notice a difference
Old 04-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

i'm going to assume you're young and have no experience teaching.

if you have any questions, and i mean ANY questions. search first. everything you've asked has already been answered. everything you're going to ask has already been answered. anything you haven't even thought of asking has already been answered.
sorry, sorta frustrated is all.
get a TT, trust me you'll regret it later otherwise. you won't be "smoking" any hondas in a NA. you might win but "smoking" them will be out of the question.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Über User

you'll smoke stock hondas. but my friend had this ghetto CRX with a B18 integra LS (non-V tack, mispelled on purpose) and he walked me by half a car. the NA is "quick" but mostly just sexy and leasurable with a more daily driver aspect to it. TT is the way to go for speed
Old 04-19-2007, 09:21 PM

Sorry,...I'm hi-jacking....someone can start a new thread. OK...up until the past couple days, I had never heard anyone mention an oil thermostat. My first thoughts were that it's a gimic. So I read up on it a bit and now I feel it's a gimic and a waste of $. I'm failing to see how it prevents sludge buildup. I'm also failing to see that it would drastically reduce the amount of time it would take for the oil to reach optimal operating temperatures. Anyone else have any input?
Old 04-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Über User

my take, if manufacturers arent using them, that goes for ALL even exotics, then they must be pointless or uneccessary. wow.... i dont know how to spell unecessary. it still doesnt look right
Old 04-19-2007, 10:50 PM
caught the z fever

i just want to say that guy is full of it
Old 04-20-2007, 03:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
Sorry,...I'm hi-jacking....someone can start a new thread. OK...up until the past couple days, I had never heard anyone mention an oil thermostat. My first thoughts were that it's a gimic. So I read up on it a bit and now I feel it's a gimic and a waste of $. I'm failing to see how it prevents sludge buildup. I'm also failing to see that it would drastically reduce the amount of time it would take for the oil to reach optimal operating temperatures. Anyone else have any input?
well for bring the temp up to optimal possiblew it could . it mihgt cut the flow off to the cooler witch technicly would heat oil up faster because it not circulating thur the cooler. as it controling the temp, i see no benfit with it the TT puts large amount of heat out and probly would never come below that optimal effiecny.. also depends on the size of the cooler. it might works if you got a 2 foot wide by 2 foot high oil cooler that is massive. it might work because then the oil would be super cold b4 it made it to the motor. i would say its a gimic garbage!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:41 AM
Banned

i think its possible to get 300 hp to teh wheels on a n/a if you did every little detail
1 port polish heads and bigger valves
2 custom ground cams for a n/a setup(most cams say work on n/a but dont because you lose more power then gained because how there setup)
high high compression pistons
headers
ur pulley
alum fly wheel
1 piece shaft
60 mill throttle bodys large, intake pipes
honed extruded plenums port matched to the heads
injectors
ecu tune
stroker kit
test pipes
knife edge crank light rods
maybe but not sure if its possible but a doolz setup
if realy want to go crazy custom cams solid lifter setup for max lift to get lots if air in that motor i see with all of that witch aitn cheap you can get 300 il geussing

honestly not worth it but i see a possiblty for maybe 300 to the wheels
Old 04-20-2007, 09:34 AM

thanks for the information, you guys finally answered my questions...and sorry about all the questions. yes i am young and no i don't teach but i do help my homies learn new things so i know how to teach. i don't like reading what other people said because that is there question not mine, i like to talk to people one on one, so that i understand. when i get my car i'll put up some pics, i hope all of you are doing well and i hope your not pissed at me because i would like to continue talking to everyone on here. the reason i don't want to put a turbo in the car is because of gas, insurance, and if i wanted to build a complete race car than i would get a 2002 camaro ZL1 and modify it (but i still love the 300zx, great F*&Kin car!!!)
Old 04-20-2007, 09:44 AM
The Good Twin

the reason i don't want to put a turbo in the car is because of gas,

Here's a quick lesson... if you want more power, you need more fuel.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Banned

the reason i don't want to put a turbo in the car is because of gas, (but i still love the 300zx, great F*&Kin car!!!)
like nismo said u need for fuel to go with the aditional air but for miliage turbo is the best bet to go. 1 is because your power range is high so if u cruse you get good millaige u romp ur neeed goes down. but if u do a nA ALL WORKED up ull be useing fuel all teh time to go with all that air an comression
Old 04-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Über User

insurance???? insurance wont change.... gas yes, but building your NA your going to use more gas to, and Z32's already get crap gasmilage, the NA's get around 17 to 20 miles per gallon. and teh camaro would make a pretty good straightline car, but would eat itself alive around corners, that why your getting a Z. lol
Old 04-20-2007, 02:53 PM
caught the z fever

insurance is more expensive for a TT
Old 04-20-2007, 04:29 PM

that is right that the camaro is great for stright line but is very bad for turns and curves, that is why i wanted to get a z32.....i can't wait till monday that will be one of the best day's i've had in a long time....it feels like your meeting a friend that you haven't seen in years...lol, thanks for all your guys help.....
Old 04-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Über User

Originally Posted by b300z
insurance is more expensive for a TT
r u sure... i thought we went over this once and figured out there was no difference in insurance, it was just the 2 door thing, idk do a thread search im almost positive we did this. plus if you TT an NA they will never know.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:17 AM
caught the z fever

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
r u sure... i thought we went over this once and figured out there was no difference in insurance, it was just the 2 door thing, idk do a thread search im almost positive we did this. plus if you TT an NA they will never know.
thats one reason why people TT n/as

Quick Reply: How to make the N/A Faster?? swap mass merge thread