300ZX Z32 Tech Tips For 90-96 Z32's.

How to make the N/A Faster?? swap mass merge thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by z32dude
Hey, how's it going? When shopping for a 300 how much of a concern is mileage if I plan on replacing the engine right away?
Check out Rizz's link page. That'll answer a lot of your questions.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:23 PM
El Viejo

For the life of me I can't figure why anyone would ask a question without asking OOEvan directly. He's the DemiGod, Prima Donna of cars. Even God himself go's to him for advice as do the automotive engineers from around the world.
This 19 year old whos living off mommy and daddy from Plover, Wisconsin has excelled beyond anyone on earth when it comes to the Z. Without his advice anything you do is wrong, anything you say is false.
I suggest all automotive forums direct all questions to him directly, to avoid bad advice and misinformation.
OOEvan, my hero, my god, my mentor. Thank you world for opening up my eyes so I may see the errors of my ways and have a better life.

Last edited by Zgringo; 02-07-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:45 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

^
^^
^^^
now THAT is the funniest thing ive heard all day. thank you Zgringo for a hearty chuckle!
Old 02-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zgringo
For the life of me I can't figure why anyone would ask a question without asking OOEvan directly. He's the DemiGod, Prima Donna of cars. Even God himself go's to him for advice as do the automotive engineers from around the world.
This 19 year old from Plover, Wisconsin has excelled beyond anyone on earth when it comes to the Z. Without his advice anything you do is wrong, anything you say is false.
I suggest all automotive forums direct all questions to him directly, to avoid bad advice and misinformation.
OOEvan, my hero, my god, my mentor. Thank you world for opening up my eyes so I may see the errors of my ways and have a better life.

Hey Zgringo,

How come you havent replied again in this thread?

http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=48654

Was it because you got OWNED little man?

-00Evan
Old 02-06-2005, 04:39 PM
El Viejo

Originally Posted by 00Evan
Hey Zgringo,

How come you havent replied again in this thread?

http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=48654

Was it because you got OWNED little man?

-00Evan
Because ZeroZeroEvan I have Better things to do with my life than play marbles with little punk like you.
Don't criticize my knowledge, correct your ignorance.
OWNED by you? Sorry, no 19 year old Mechanical Engineer student from Pluver, Wisconsin well ever own me. Neather with knowledge or at the track. Your nothing more than a wannabe, you wannabe a big smart boy, but your nothing but a fly that bothers people and dwells in garbage. All of your post are similar to this, without merit and of no value to those that want to learn or have a problem.
Only in you dreams are you a big man, little boy.

Last edited by Zgringo; 02-07-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:42 PM

Gringo, dude.
I was all supportive of your thread back on 3ZC. But after taking the time to do some simple Google searches I found everything you have said almost a perfect "copy-paste".

Without pics you are just some kid yanking everybody's leg.
I find it hard to believe that you don't know anyone that could scan a few pics or could let you use a dig. cam for a day...
Old 02-07-2005, 12:29 AM
El Viejo

Originally Posted by cheezmonta
Gringo, dude.
I was all supportive of your thread back on 3ZC. But after taking the time to do some simple Google searches I found everything you have said almost a perfect "copy-paste".

Without pics you are just some kid yanking everybody's leg.
I find it hard to believe that you don't know anyone that could scan a few pics or could let you use a dig. cam for a day...
I suggest before you jump in over your head you contact:

Chip Ginn at GMS
205-685-1749

Mike Strasburg at:
http://www.strasburg-racing.com/

Slim Dub "Lost" 450ZXTT
678-698-7426

I live in a small town in Mexico and during the winter months not much racing up north, so no reason to head that way. As for finding someone with a scanner or a digital camera, sorry I have none and don't have to prove crap to you or anyone.
Now if you'd like to call me, my phone number is:
011-52-686-577-2429
As for everything I said almost perfect "copy-paste" Google, I did use some referrance to some articals that had merit, for those interested could look up more information, but copy -paste, not one sentance, Put your money where your mouth is. Pull up one thing I posted and prove me wrong. Everything I said is true and accurate.
As for you taking the time to do a Google search and finding almost everything I said a Perfect "copy-paste" your as bad a lier as OOEvan.
Now enough of this crap, you contact the above if you want to find out who I really am, and if you or your buddy can't say anything postive, due everyone a favor and go play with your marbles.

Last edited by Zgringo; 02-07-2005 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:31 AM

I have a 1990 na 2+2.You can buy the complete kit from z1 motorsports for 3500.00.You will have everything you need infront of you with that kit.On a 2+2 model the rear end and differential will work.The harness will work too.You will only be missing the boost control wires.You should add a boost controller anyway because the factory one sucks.The only minor problem you will run into is running the pipes for the intercoolers.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:08 AM

You can get the whole kit for 3500.00 from z-1 motorsports.Yes the harness will work from an na.You will be missing the boost wires.The kit from z1 includes everything you need for the swap.I just did it on my 1990 na 2+2.Iam at stage iii right now running about 400hp.I sell cars for a living so I had access to the shop and all the tools, that made the job a little easier.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:57 PM

I donno what ur planning on doing cause i didnt read most of the posts, hehe, but i'm in the middle of a conversion from a 1990 N/A to a TT and most of the stuff has been changed but i have one problem with the DP's hitting the frame. But w/e this car has WAY to many problems any ways. But if u are gonna do the swap heres a recommendation and i know because i'm in the midst of this project. If u do the swap GET A FRONT CLIP I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS DO NOT BUY A SEPERATE ENGINE "YADA YADA YADA" GET A FRONT CLIP it will save you SOOOOOO much money and stress, i wish i got a front clip but i went the hard way and now i'm F*CKING OUT OF MONEY. pardon the french but yeah the only major thing you'll have to worry about is the exhuast everything else u'll need will basically come with the clip.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:56 PM

I had never tried Google up until now. There's some interesting info on there. I googled Zgringo. If the info's accurate, then it looks like he was in the Air Force from '52-'56. A retired veteran. He's in to racing and fishing. My grandfather's into that also. Try to show a little respect.

Evan, you ever googled yourself? Check it out....type in 00Evan. Might I suggest you start using different usernames for some of that stuff.

Lots of us have cut & paste on here to save time. Doesn't mean that he hasn't actually done the work.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:09 PM
El Viejo

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
I had never tried Google up until now. There's some interesting info on there. I googled Zgringo. If the info's accurate, then it looks like he was in the Air Force from '52-'56. A retired veteran. He's in to racing and fishing. My grandfather's into that also. Try to show a little respect.

Evan, you ever googled yourself? Check it out....type in 00Evan. Might I suggest you start using different usernames for some of that stuff.

Lots of us have cut & paste on here to save time. Doesn't mean that he hasn't actually done the work.
Thank you Mr.91zxtt, I also was recalled in 65-71 and served 3 tours in VietNam and 3 years as a instructor. i'm really not to smart as all I know is flying and racing and building cars. Kinda limited.
Thanks for your support.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:09 PM

Don't forget fishing. If you're in to fishin' and wrenchin' on cars, then drinkin' beer is probably in there somewhere too, so you're ok by me.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:50 AM
El Viejo

Don't forget fishing. If you're in to fishin' and wrenchin' on cars, then drinkin' beer is probably in there somewhere too, so you're ok by me.
I though fishing was something everyone was born with, as for wrenchin, the first engine I built was in my Mom's kitchen, boy was she pissed. Drinking beer, well I've been known to slam a few. I have really enjoyed life and racing has been a major part of it. I like the last line in your sig. as thats the way I'm going. I pretty much like everything, except child molestors and smart mouth punks.
As for the topic of this thread, when I started working on cars is was a normal thing to swap a engine. Now a days if it don't bolt in it won't work, or it can't be done. Everything has to have the "name" on it.
As for this guy swaping a TT engine from his N/A, a very easy swap, but time consuming, but very doable. Want to try something alittle harded, then shove a VH45DE in the Z32. That very doable, but takes alittle more planing. But these are all things that make being a car nut fun. Building a car and memories.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

I had never tried Google up until now. There's some interesting info on there.

kinda scary, i tried google. Looked myself up. At least all I found was stuff i posted on forums. LOL
Old 02-14-2005, 02:59 PM

Ditto's to My Fairlady Z........Sell it and buy a TT....Unless you take it somewhere and have it professionally done.....mega money!
Old 03-09-2005, 02:13 AM

considering about NA to TT swap, but still need advices

well.. some of you guys might have seen my posts before about tuning NA and after I read all the opinions and advices which you guys give me, now I'm thinking about NA to TT swap at Z1motorsport Z1's deal for NA to TT

$5,900 for swap
$1500 for maintenance and some performance parts
-Z1 Stage 3 ECU upgrade
-External Autometer Boost gauge and pod
-Urethane Motor mounts
-Stainless Steel Divorced Downpipes
-EGR, AIV, Plenum water line elimination
-New PCV’s and Hoses installed
-Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil and Filter
-AC System recharged
-60k maintaince (New Timing belt, water pump, seals, and more)
-New NGK PFR6B-11B plugs installed

and also some performance package deals such as

Stage 1 Performance Package (expect around ~475 rwhp max)
-Nismo 555cc Fuel Injectors with new seals
-Z1 Stage 1 Turbo Kit
-TT fuel pump
-SS Divorced Downpipes 2.4”
-SS Testpipes 2.4”
-Greddy Profec Type S Boost Controller
or Apex-I AVCR boost controller (+$150)
-Eprom upgrade for 555cc injectors
$4000 installed

Other Recommendations for the Stage 1 package
-DOOLZ intake w/additional filter
-Z1 SMIC
-BOV’s from HKS, Turbo XS
-RPS clutch and/or flywheel

Stage 2 Performance Package (expect around ~500rwhp)
-Nismo 555cc Fuel Injectors with new seals
-Z1 Stage 2 Turbo Kit
-TT fuel pump
-Z1 Divorced Downpipes 2.5”
-Z1 Testpipes 2.5”
-Greddy Profec B 2 Boost Controller
-Z1 Side Mount Intercoolers
-Eprom upgrade for 555cc injectors and DOOLZ intake
$5500 installed

Other recommendations for Stage 2 Power package
-RPS lightweight flywheel
-RPS Max Street Clutch
-Z1 Water Injection Kit
-Z1 Rebuilt Longblock for extra assurance-
-Tubular Manifolds
-Z1 Aluminum Racing Radiator

Stage 3 Performance Package (expect ~600 rwhp)
-Z1 Rebuilt TT Longblock with Forged Pistons
-Nismo 740cc Fuel Injectors kit with new rails
-Z1 Stage 3 Turbo Kit
-TT fuel pump
-Z1 5 bolt Divorced Downpipes 2.5”
-Z1 Testpipes 2.5”
-Greddy Profec B 2 Boost Controller
-Z1 Side Mount Intercoolers
-Eprom upgrade for 740cc injectors and DOOLZ intake
$10,000 installed

Other recommendations for Stage 3 Power package
-RPS lightweight flywheel
-RPS Max Street Clutch
-Z1 Water Injection Kit
-Tubular Manifolds
-Z1 Cams and Headwork packages
-Aftermarket connecting rods
-Z1 Aluminum Racing Radiator
-and much more

what do you guys think? will it worth my monet if I let them do the swap and choose "stage 2 Performance Package" or I should let my local mechanic guy do the swap? buy the performance parts and let my local mechanic install stuffs for me? he said that he can do the swap for me with JDM TT front clip for $5000 and if I bring him all the performance parts from Z1 like "Stage 2 Performance" he's gonna charge me just only $600 for installation. well.. I think my local machanic's deal is alot cheaper but I'm not sure if his work gonna be as good as Z1 work. What do you guys think? all this complicate swap and install performance stuffs like these should I let Z1 do the job or just any local mechanic guys can do it well??

If the quality of work gonna be alot different then I will not care for the price anymore I will choose Z1, so what do you guys think I should choose?? Z1 the one who 300zx very well or my local mechabic guys? so I can save some grand $

PS.
sorry for my english
I'm asian who has been living here for just 2 years only
Old 03-09-2005, 06:11 AM
Jack Of All Trades

If you have the money....... Z1
Old 03-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

hmmm....with all the recent talk about Z1, i'm not sure i would recommend them.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by rizzspeed
hmmm....with all the recent talk about Z1, i'm not sure i would recommend them.
what kind of talk about Z1? something bad about them? please tell me~
Old 03-09-2005, 06:26 PM
caught the z fever

ash and Z1 split up. and theres a fued about who produced what part and whatnot.

theres also talk about some poor engine building work at Z1. if you go over to TT.net or 3zc.com and search there, some big threads will come up and tell you all about it
Old 03-15-2005, 04:17 PM

N/A to TT swap need help

im looking to do a n/a to tt swap on my 91 Z i have the motor but what do i dont about the wire harness i know i need a tt ecu but what wire harness do i need? if ne1 knows about the swaping the n/a to tt all info would help my out alot
Old 03-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Bad Speller

the NA harnes should fit the TT harness exept for the Boost sensors or what not. any who. it's better you Buy a TT Harness from COZ and teh Ecu well get one already tuned U can get the Ashspec wich is teh best out there right now if I recall correcly. how about your inter cooling system you doing a front mount intercooler or 2 sidemounts?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:12 PM
caught the z fever

try doing a search for it on this forum and over at http://www.300zxclub.com 3zc will have a lot of stuff concerning TT swaps.

heres a n/a to tt swap guideline
http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread....=n%2Fa+tt+swap
Old 03-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Ruined By Spudz

Originally Posted by b300z
try doing a search for it on this forum and over at http://www.300zxclub.com 3zc will have a lot of stuff concerning TT swaps.

heres a n/a to tt swap guideline
http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread....=n%2Fa+tt+swap
b300z pwnt

Quick Reply: How to make the N/A Faster?? swap mass merge thread