300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Mod updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Bad Speller

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
The east coast is pretty far from Cali.
yeah but Z1, Ashspec, and Enjuku racing are out here. so if it really comes down to it, you know ha ha Local Pick up cheaper to ship with DHL, or freight or whatever. know what i mean?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:15 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by bardabe
yeah but Z1, Ashspec, and Enjuku racing are out here. so if it really comes down to it, you know ha ha Local Pick up cheaper to ship with DHL, or freight or whatever. know what i mean?
oh yeah....
Old 08-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Bad Speller

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
oh yeah....
DEE DEE DEE!!! lol jk no hard feelings just had to do that. lol
Old 11-23-2008, 11:57 AM

Pulled the Z out last weekend. Re-insured it and got temporary regs from the DMV. With any luck I will take it to a shop to get it smogged right after Thanksgiving. I drove it about 100 miles yesterday and ran as much gas out of it as possible since that gas is almost 2 years old. I put about 5 gallons of 87 octane in to it to help it pass smog.....obviously I won't run it with any boost until I get the 87 out of it. Funny thing is that the oil and coolant leaks seem to have stopped, so I'm very pleased with that (and yes there is still fluid in it). I'll keep everyone posted with the smog check once it happens. The plan is to keep it another couple years and probably sell it.

On another note....
My wife and I have a baby on the way, so the Z may need to go. I'll play it by ear. We're in the market for a new car for her now. We're leaning towards the new Maxima. In a couple years we'll probably get a bigger car for her that will allow us to more easily tote around all of the cr*p that we need for the kid. When we get the bigger car, then I'll drive the Maxima, sell the Z and park the Z-71 for when I need to haul stuff around.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:02 PM
caught the z fever

what the.........youve found time to make progress?

and then plan to sell it
Old 11-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Send me a link to your for sale listing.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 PM

Patience.....I said in a couple years.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:52 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

baby forces sale!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:19 PM

Ha! Not yet.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:59 PM

Man if i would have known you were even thinking about selling your Z, I would have waited. I got my twin turbo not even a month ago. She just got new injectors in the mail yesterday. It's been a while man. hope you are doing ok.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Über User

dont sell it if you have hundreds of hours of work into it like i did my last Z you will regret it. just try to find a way to keep it. no point unless funds are that short will you NEED to make the sale. keep it or BUST!!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 12:36 PM

That's what my Dad keeps telling me. Considering what I have invested in it compared to what I would be able to sell it for, it really doesn't make sense to get rid of it. I'd have to sell it to someone that doesn't live around here since it would drive my crazy to see someone else driving it. Once I've got it back on the road legally and get to drive it more often then I may change my tune. The car was extremely reliable prior to the smog issues presented by the fuel injector issue. I just don't have a lot of confidence in it right now. I just keep waiting for the next thing to break. Considering that my commute to work is 15 miles and it's just down a 55MPH country highway where traffic consists of a Walmart truck or two, it should be fairly reliable. I won't drive it in the rain and I won't drive it if it's over 100 outside. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't plan on abusing it on a daily basis; however, I am only a little over an hour away from Thunderhill Raceway. I would like to take it out there and see what it will do. I guess that would be about the most abuse it would get aside from the occassional throttle stomp around those High School Ricer X's in their Civics and Mustangs that have 'all bolt-on' mods and think their cars are 'Hella fast'.

Dad's had his same car since highschool (1959 Porsche 356A). It's actually parked at my house in our shed. It hasn't been driven for 5 years. It had some crap fall on it back in '89 during the Loma Prieta Earthquake. It needs body work and new interior, but mechanically it is fine. It would be a fun project for him and me to tackle, but neither of us has the time. Right now his project is transplanting a 1985 Volvo turbo motor into a 19?? Hilman Husky. For those of you who don't know, as I didn't before he picked it up, the Hilman looks a lot like the original Mini Cooper, but about a foot to a foot and a half longer. The power to weight ratio should be pretty good, but I'm not quite sold on everything else....brakes, suspension, etc. He's using the stock intercoolers out of the Z and is trying to fabricate some sway bar mounts so he can use my old sway bars. It's like something out of Monster Garage. Dad's automotive knowedgle and mechanical ability far surpasses mine, so I need his help with a lot of what I do with the Z. I understand the technological side more than he does, but there's no way I could've pulled the motor and rebuilt the top end without his help.

So,....apparently my mind is not made up.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Über User

lol that is pretty cool, wish my dad could fab, im starting to pass up his knowledge now though. but mostly as far as turbo engines go, but thats kinda not fair he never dealed with them in his life as far as i know. yeah take time on making up your mind dont want to kick your own *** late about it.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Bad Speller

Don't sell it man, i regret selling the Old S13 i had, yeah it was a piece of crap. but i put countless hours, dollars, bloody knuckles, into it. it was a fun car, i'll tell you this much, if you do sell it you will always miss it, there will always be those memories and you will kick your self in the *** in a couple months.

-Juan