280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

1982 280zx N/A to 1981 280zx "Bluestreak" Turbo clone conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 02:06 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. And yeah the main reason about stopping on the Z was because I would get depressed, not being able to get him on the road at that time. I was worried about my financial situation, and such mainly with my mortgage. But now since I got that Dominos job, things have got a lot better. Basically in a matter of speaking I was taking a little break from him, and come back to it, when I was situtated better with money. Now I am at full force with no worries on losing my house. So it is full throttle on the Z project. I worked on him all day Friday from morning till night. I am really sore from it, but it was definately worth it. And I worked on him most of last night. No pain no gain. As soon as I get the stereo remounted, and console in. Also the headliner put back in, visors, clips, trim and such. I will take some more pics on my cardomain page. Again thanks for all the encouragement, and not letting me give up on my Z. You guys Rock, all the friggin' way! I love this website, it is my second home!
Old 10-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Doesn't post much...

Interior/vinyl paint

All the talk about vinyl paint reminded me. Do not be tempted to use the Krylon "Fusion" interior paint. That stuff is pure garbage. It doesn't stick, it runs and bubbles and just plain looks bad. The Dupli-Color stuff works about a hundred times better.

Rod.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:21 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
All the talk about vinyl paint reminded me. Do not be tempted to use the Krylon "Fusion" interior paint. That stuff is pure garbage. It doesn't stick, it runs and bubbles and just plain looks bad. The Dupli-Color stuff works about a hundred times better.

Rod.
Yep that is what I am using the Dupli-color paint. It works great, I never tryed the Krylon before, thanks for the tip man!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:21 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay everybody, go ahead and check out more pics I took on my cardomain page. And feel free to comment there, and here. And thanks for all the support! You guys friggin' rock!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Doesn't post much...

Lookin' good Wildman... that is some "electric blue" ya' got there.

Rod.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:12 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thanks bud, you should see it in person. I think it looks better in the flesh. When you say electric blue, are you referring to the color of the interior or changing the clock, stereo, and some of the light displays? Anyway unfortuantely I have to work this Friday. So I am going to try and get up early Friday morning, and get as much as I can done in the interior. Because as soon as I get that done. It is off to the engine. Taking out the parts I mentioned here before, and installing my headers and such. And using a high temp aluminum paint, to do the parts with. I wish I could snap my fingers, and it would be all done. LOL Anyway I just want to concentrate on one thing and move to the next. I don't want to jump around.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Bleach is my Hero

Nicxe.. I think yours will be done long before mine is v Its all good though cant wait to see er finished
Old 10-21-2005, 03:53 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

I have some more ideas for my interior. I was so stoked on how my console lid turned out. That I want to cover my wheel well covers, taillight panel, and maybe my rear storage panel. I think it would look sweet! I am so into this project more than ever, that I keep coming up with more and more ideas to better my interior, and make it really stand out. But with mostly stock parts. I am a purist at heart, except for the accordian shif boot, which was replaced by a gray leather one. Which I love just staring at it, it looks so sweet. I am also going to see if Carl can help me out today, and follow me down the street to the gas station, and fill up my Z. He is almost empty, and I think that is why he is running like crap right now. While I am at the station, I am putting in the Techron fuel system cleaner in the tank. I mean it worked wonders for my Celica, so why not the Z?
Old 10-22-2005, 03:18 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well I got some more stuff done Friday in my interior. I painted my black door panels with that dupli-color blue, and it looks sweet! And I also installed my bride steering wheel, and such. I would say check out my cardomain page. But they are down until Sunday. Man what a bummer, oh well as soon as they get back online, I will download the new pics on the site. And by that time, I will have some more taken, and put those on as well. I also got a new speaker box with 2 10" woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 3 1/2" midrange speakers. It also has the blue neon light going with the music on the stereo. I popped in Rush 2112, and it was cool to watch the neon lights go with the music. It is totally what I am going for, and the fact the light is blue. Makes it all the more better. Anyway piece by piece, I am getting my Z together. Within I would say the next couple of weeks. I am taking apart the intake, fuel rail, and exhaust manifold. And install my headers, of course I have told you guys this enough I am sure. So I don't want to sit here and repeat it over and over. So as always, I will keep you guys updated, and as soon as the page is back up. I will post some more pics, and I hope you all like what you see. You have so far, and I appreciate the compliments, it means a lot to me. And motivates me more and more. And I am flat out determined to get him on the road in November GURANTEED!
Old 10-22-2005, 06:17 AM
Bleach is my Hero

Lets see some pics WILDMAN??
Old 10-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Doesn't post much...

I was going to put a Bride steering wheel on my car but when I found that original all black 280ZX steering wheel in perfect condition I couldn't resist. I like the look of the Bride wheel a lot though and I may change my mind at some point. It was just so damn cool to get a factory black wheel at the time to go with the rest of my black interior.

Rod.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:33 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by s/cL3.0
Lets see some pics WILDMAN??
As soon as the site it back up, I will definately post some pics. I never could figure out how to post them on here. Too much of a pain in the #ss. But patience my fellow Z owners. Hopefully tomorrow, the site will be back online. That is what they said. I will keep you all updated as always!
Old 10-22-2005, 08:33 PM
From NY to AZ

aww man you went and ruined a perfectly good set of black door panels? you know how hard i've been looking for a set? shame on you

lol just kidding man, i'm sure they weren't perfect, if they were, you'd be in for a beatdown when i got back to AZ
Old 10-23-2005, 12:37 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well here is the deal man. There was somebody on here, that wanted to swap panels with me. He had the silver ones I really wanted. But that was a while ago, and I told this person, I couldn't wait forever. And if he didn't tell me soon, I was going to paint the black panels blue. I have to get my Z done, and I don't want to waste a lot of time. November is around the corner. Anyway I am going to my page and put up some more pics so check it out everybody.

And 007 those black panels were in great shape. That is the reason I went after them. I have had them for at least 6 months, waiting for a silver set to show up. I found one on e-bay, and they went beyond my price range! Close to $200, and that is too much for this average guy, trying to restore his Z, within a budget.

So if you want to come down here and beat me up, I am waiting for you, bring it on!
Old 10-23-2005, 01:04 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay guys, I just put some more pics on my cardomain site, check it out. And thank you for encouraging me to keep going! You all Rock in my book!
Old 10-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Doesn't post much...

Looks good, but after searching so long for good black panels and not finding them... I gotta say you're a dirty dog for painting them blue.

Rod.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:31 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

That hurts Rod, I mean come on guys, did you expect me to wait forever to find the silver panels? I want to get this project done mostly by November.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Bleach is my Hero

That is NICE I want to drive my Z
Old 10-23-2005, 02:49 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thanks bud I appreciate it, I had to do what I had to get him fixed up. Silver panels are hard to come by, without paying a crazy *** price. Or finding them in worse shape than my originals.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:01 PM

Those do look nice man. Thumbs Up
Old 10-23-2005, 04:35 PM

Well, I've seen it in person, but it still looks cool on the site! I've been wanting black panels badly, also, but I'm really glad to see Wildman's ride coming along, even at the cost of some sweet black panels. They were'nt a priority for me, so it's all good. Beside, next week, I'm finishing up my dash and adding the Bride wheel and black leather boot!! WOOHOO!!

Looks great, Wildman!!

PS: Sorry I didn't get by today as planned! Definately tomorrow, though. I won't get what I was going to give ya til tonight at work anyway...

Last edited by Carl's Z; 10-23-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:38 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

No problem Carl don't sweat it buddy, and thanks for the compliments. And you too FairladyZ, I verry much appreciate it.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:57 PM
From NY to AZ

AHHH seing those perfect door panels and thinking they used to be perfect black specimens brings a tear to my eye, i don't think i can ever forgive you ok i guess i'll forgive you when J makes some CF door panels for us, but until than you'd better watch your back

looks like its coming along great though
Old 10-23-2005, 11:01 PM

Crap I guess I better get on that for the sake of the safety of the Zdriver members. Hey WildmaN, I can make Blue and/or Silver CF and/or Fiberglass panels for ya too So if you wan't to go really trick just let me know
Old 10-23-2005, 11:56 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Right on man, that would be cool. So you could make them silver with the blue carpeted pockets? And on another note, is that your son on top of the Z? Cute kid bro', I remember when I was that small. Well sort of, anyway. I remember more when watching my little sister and brother grow up.

Quick Reply: 1982 280zx N/A to 1981 280zx "Bluestreak" Turbo clone conversion