280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Repop Kamei air damn/white ZX cluster faces

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 06:30 PM

Lightbulb Repop Kamei air damn/white ZX cluster faces

Repost from my build thread. + Additional Info
I have thinking about making a plug/mold of my air damn that is an out of production Kamei, for those out there that likes it as I do. To get some extra funds going for my Z let me know if any of you would be interested. A few guys have shown interest already, but I would like more to get this project of the ground. I’m not sure how much I would be asking just yet I don’t know how much time and materials it would take to reproduce it after building the plug my guess would be somewhere around 150 + shipping. I might add it into the front bumper with the tumors removed and shocks compressed as a one piece. Idk yet just an idea I’m working on. Going to start with just the air damn itself of course it would be made of fiberglass rather than poly plastic or whatever the original is made out of. Pricing for materials to get started and build the mold and maybe the first repop is just shy of 400$ repops will come in a white gel coat finish you will need to prep and paint to match your ZX. If this goes well I will start building other body parts hoods, fenders ECT.

please see my intro/build thread for photo. cant upload a pic twice? NISMO can you help me out here?

Secondly I work for a sign company we do all sorts of graphics as well. One of the interior appearance upgrades I want do to, is get white faces in my main cluster and tri cluster. The Z store sells a kit for the S30 but I have yet to find any for us S130 guys so I am going to make them. They will be on white vinyl that will overlay your existing faces. I have all the faces for the main cluster unfortunately I cannot find my extra tri cluster. If anyone of you have an extra one lying around and are willing to send them to me I would be willing to send them back with the white faces already installed along with the vinyl for the main cluster. I can’t get this project of the ground without having all the faces together to put them all in the program at the same time. This set will be about 40 bucks and will come in a USPS large envelope. Let me know guys!!

Last edited by silverzxbullet; 11-15-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:47 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by silverzxbullet
please see my intro/build thread for photo. cant upload a pic twice? NISMO can you help me out here?
From this thread (you must be signed in to ZDriver to see attachment pics)

https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx...d-35314/page2/

Old 11-18-2013, 06:26 AM

Thank you NismoPick I appreciate it.

Just want to add guys you dont have to be ready to buy either of these as neither one of them are ready. Just trying to see how much interest there would be, before i spent the money to start making them or any of the fiberglass parts i have in mind to make. Thanks
Old 11-18-2013, 08:03 AM

I am in.One or Two....
Old 11-18-2013, 04:38 PM

Hey jamal. You would have the tripple clusters wouldnt you, for both the n/a and turbo. If you wana temporarily send them my way id get em done up. And youd have them back to you. No charge ull get them just for letting me barrow them. Then ill beable to have a set for the turbo guys too..

I am already planning on doing the standard 85mph speedo and the 120 as well. I dont have an original 120 to go off of but i do have the 79 kph one that im going to invert.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:10 AM
r2l

I'd be interested in an air dam as well....
Old 11-19-2013, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by silverzxbullet
Hey jamal. You would have the tripple clusters wouldnt you, for both the n/a and turbo. If you wana temporarily send them my way id get em done up. And youd have them back to you. No charge ull get them just for letting me barrow them. Then ill beable to have a set for the turbo guys too..

I am already planning on doing the standard 85mph speedo and the 120 as well. I dont have an original 120 to go off of but i do have the 79 kph one that im going to invert.
I do and I will send these with the AC/Heater Unit.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by borini63
I do and I will send these with the AC/Heater Unit.
Awesome thanks! Itll take me at least a couple weeks to get them into the system and made up as our graffics guy well have to work on them in between customer jobs.

Moving forward!! white s130 guage faces available soon!
Old 11-19-2013, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by r2l
I'd be interested in an air dam as well....
Right on. i will keep this post updated as there is progress.