The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

thinking of starting a SMALL bussiness

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 04:33 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

Well I'm kinda in need of another way to pass my time since this town is like really boring and all, would you happen to need a clerical type person ^.^ :P I have a certification in accounting
Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Big Poppa

i do work for lots o ppl, its kinda my job, side job and hobby. i charge 30 an hour, and it pays well. anything from paint to motors, just no trannys, they suck, i dont have a hoist. rose just come way north, i can get ya 16-18 an hour for working on cars, or 14 for clerical.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Über User

hey shady, once my Z is finally reliable in my eyes (with or without megasquirt) and fresh paint and clean interior, how much would you be able to sell my car for up there.... nice clean turbo S30.

and 260turbo, im in school to be a pilot. lol. dont plan on leaving it, i need to crack down on learning my ground though.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Big Poppa

your car? prolly 7500ish, maybe more, ya never know, go on buysell.com, go to the british columbia section and take a look. the rust free cars up here go for good coin. i know i cant afford them
Old 07-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Political n00b crusher

Hey snw, do you install front air dams or bumpers?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:13 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

wow, prices between north and south are like waaaaaaaaaaay different. Down here that car MIGHT fetch like 3-4K, and i get payed 7.70 hr for working on cars and 5.50 for clerical, i'm sooooooo trying to move north :P

Snw, then again just working on cars with friends or for friends and stuff as a side income or just a hobbie would be cool too, no?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Über User

yeah, its just a side thing, i dont expect it to turn into a reall liek garage and bussiness you know. but never know. lol.

mike, im sure i could install a front airdamn, i wasl going to do it myself, ive done bodykits and such, an i do believe the Xenon would be fairly bolt on. send me a picture of teh top/mounting spot for it id be interested to see what it looks like.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Big Poppa

some hd mechs up here earn 35 an hour. i get 22 an hour, aboot 40,000 a year. and i dont have a tq. if i had one, id earn 27/hr. i can get any aspiring mech a job at kal tire in abbotsford starting at 14, (no experiance) and the money goes up from there. we are very short ppl to employ up here.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:10 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

Wow, i am sooooooooooo in the wrong end of this country, meh
Old 07-16-2007, 02:05 AM
Über User

canada isnt this country.... LOL !!!! im sure you know but i needed to point that out. and yeah your getting crappy money for mechanic work.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Big Poppa

yeah canada is just america north with crappy health care?!?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:24 AM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

I'm just kinda curious snw, you can do both body and mechanical, or just mechanical? i was just asking because i read something like way earlier about body kits
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Ruff Ryder

im staying right here in the crapy desert with my crappy $22 an hour job..
Old 07-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Über User

so i was at work making my business cards and this is the finished product, made them in photoshop. i cleaned up some faded areas on my car photoshoped the trim off the car and filled in the holes in the bumper that are there for mounting junk. they are double sided. whatcha all think? and i kinda ripped off the name of the business a little bit... just a little

BACK:

FRONT:

and yeah.... i dont really "specialize" in **** ut they are the only cars i can do anything on basicaly. well so far anything. no one but me an dmy dad have touched either of our cars. and my dads only screwed with my wiring sooo yup!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:13 PM
The Good Twin

Might want to spend a lil more time on those.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:17 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Might want to spend a lil more time on those.
2nd........

and maybe a new, more professional email address. they ARE free.

oh, everybody prank call snw now!!!

Last edited by entropy31; 07-17-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
mike, im sure i could install a front airdamn, i wasl going to do it myself, ive done bodykits and such, an i do believe the Xenon would be fairly bolt on. send me a picture of teh top/mounting spot for it id be interested to see what it looks like.
Snw, don't know if this helps any but here are pics of the front of the Z and the air dam itself. The air dam is gonna have to be altered as the openings for the turn signals are clearly not long enough....

Old 07-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Über User

looking at that i think i can already see how it mounts, pretty simply lol... we might have to work on those signals to but meh, no biggy

and yeah, i should do a new e-mail. other than that, what the hell else should i spend more time on? i want the card simple but detailed in teh background pic. suggest stuff before the cards get sent out/finalized.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:11 PM
The Good Twin

and yeah, i should do a new e-mail. other than that, what the hell else should i spend more time on? i want the card simple but detailed in teh background pic. suggest stuff before the cards get sent out/finalized.
Have you ever seen a business card before??? Professional ones don't have "white, simple, program default fonts" nor do they just have a simple driveway pic as the background.

You could also benefit from a logo other than "Z" Have you never taken a business, art, or media class???
Old 07-17-2007, 10:25 PM
The Good Twin

Snw, I was photoshopping and decided to make a lil card....

By all means you don't need to do anything like this, but do go ahead and use your imagination.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Über User

thats actually pretty good, but i wanted to incorperate cars i actually worked on. lol, otherwise it kinda seems.... fakeish lol. alright ill see what i can do.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:57 AM
User Friendly

Ok, Mr. Snow, here's my input on this new business. I am pushed for time and tried to read most of the posts here, but if I missed some of the relevant content, I apologize.

Advertising Issues
If you want to work on cars owned by your family or friends, that's fine, but to advertise with a business card or any other advertisement, it will require a ficticious name or corporate registration with the Secretary of State and business license (sometimes 2 licenses if you live within the city limits and county).

Liability Issues
Whether you establish a business lawfully or illegally, if you use your parents' residence to perform these services, they may be liable for problems concerning your services. That's something you might want to discuss with them before establishing a business on their property.

The above is just a very short summary of my initial concerns. I have many others, but won't go into them right now ... awaiting your feedback on what I've mentioned thus far.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Über User

you want my feedback? YOU RUIN EVERYTHING!!!!! thats my feedback. lol. its not a real bussiness and im not like advertising i got 250 business cards i can get and will dispense them as i feel proper. i dont plan on doing any work that would make liability concerns like welding or anything extravagent. and its not a real real business lol. i knew of a guy that did this same thing out of his house for years my dad used to take some of his cars to (no Z's just normal dumb cars) never heard anything bad happen to him. i think people will understand im not a serious/large business when they see its at a house so while i will basically garuntee my work since its not going to be stuff i'd have to worry about, i also dont plan on giving warranties unless its obviously something i did which even then i would catch it before i would give the car back.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:17 AM
The Good Twin

i think people will understand im not a serious/large business when they see its at a house so while i will basically garuntee my work since its not going to be stuff i'd have to worry about

So why would people want to come to you???
Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Über User

cause people are stupid. DUH! havent you ever worked in some sort of retail business? i know you worked at a bodyshop, you know people are stupid. lol. plus ill be the closest thing that knows about Z's other than ultimateZ and tehy seem to be focusing on Z32's

Quick Reply: thinking of starting a SMALL bussiness