The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

My Dream Guitar

Old 05-24-2011, 02:12 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by thxone
Hey Wildman... I know where you can get a Johnson Millenium Stereo 150 Amplifier for pretty cheap. It is a beast of an amp and will do all you could ever dream of and more with 2-12" Celestions as well. Or even a Behringer V-Ampire amp with a single 12 for under $200 in great shape. Both sound outstanding and are at a local pawnshop down the road from me.
Thanks for the tip man. But I am still hung up on my Line 6 Spider Amp. I love the way it sounds, and all the things you can do with it. There really is nothing that will sway we from it. I am pretty set on it.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:14 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

You are correct... an old amp with bad tone can keep you from being inspired... the right tone, sound, distortion... man they can open doors in your mind like you wouldn't believe.
Yeah, true bro, quite true. That is why I can't wait to get another amp. It is going to have to wait quite a while yet. Got other things to attend to at the moment.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:04 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Finally getting better stuff!

The moment has now arrived. I am getting my Jackson Kelly guitar with a Spider Jam Line 6 amp. Within the next couple of days. I am going to do the payment plan system, with 3 monthly payments. (just like I did with my King V back in '07) I talked to the wife, and it will be my birthday and Christmas. That's cool with me.

With the overtime I am working at my new job for over 6 months now. I should be getting hired soon. I am slowly pulling in the cash flow. Still got some catching up and such. But getting better financially. That is all for now. Pics will come soon when I get the awesome equipment. \,,/
Old 09-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Political n00b crusher

Good to hear! Looking forward to the pics. Isn't the Jackson Kelly kind of an Explorer type guitar?

I've actually thought about getting a Jackson King V guitar....they have one that comes in lime green now. The only problem is I play sitting on my living room couch most the time, and have a hard time playing a V-shaped guitar sitting down. Thats why I've stuck to mainly the Strat-shaped guitars.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:23 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
Good to hear! Looking forward to the pics. Isn't the Jackson Kelly kind of an Explorer type guitar?

I've actually thought about getting a Jackson King V guitar....they have one that comes in lime green now. The only problem is I play sitting on my living room couch most the time, and have a hard time playing a V-shaped guitar sitting down. Thats why I've stuck to mainly the Strat-shaped guitars.
Yeah kind of like the Explorer but different shaped in some areas. Sits on your leg real nice, and a mean looking axe.

Yeah the King V does suck to play on the floor sitting down. I usually play it sitting on a chair or something off the floor with the my right leg in the middle of the V. Using a right angle cord, so I wont mess up the end of the cord. Of course I do have the advantage of having long arms.

All that aside. I just purchased my Jackson Kelly guitar (black) With the Spider Jam amp, plus a 25 foot right angle cord by C.B.I. (made in America) And another guitar stand, just like the one I bought for my King V. I should have it within a week or two. I can't remember how long it took for my V. But as soon as I get it, pics will follow. Keep rocking Mike! And thanks for your support bro'.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:32 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Here is what it looks like and here is the amp. Also the guitar come with a gig bag!

The guitar stand

The cable or cord

And here is the place I got everything from. And I highly recommend them!
http://www.americanmusical.com/

All this for over $800 delivered to my door! Not too shabby ehh! Heh Heh
Old 09-23-2011, 08:02 AM
Political n00b crusher

The Kelly is badass looking! It looks cooler than an Explorer IMO....more modern and hard edged. Too bad they don't come in lime green like the V does, I'd pick one up!

$800?? Thats a great deal! I usually buy from Musicians Friend, but might have to check that vendor out.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:25 AM

Nice! I need to add my guitar. Not that I can play. I know about 5 chords and a few variations of the C scale. I can read tabs though. I can read music well though. Feel free to PM/post pointers on getting inspired. I hit a wall learning new stuff and haven't picked it up in a while

I found a Strat HSS for $300. Didn't look like it had even been played when I bought it even though it was being sold as "used." All the documents & tremolo bar were still sealed in the original plastic bags.

Here's a link until I get a pic uploaded, the color I have is "Midnight Wine."
http://www.fender.com/products/searc...tno=0144700306

JM
Old 09-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by the_journeyman
Nice! I need to add my guitar. Not that I can play. I know about 5 chords and a few variations of the C scale. I can read tabs though. I can read music well though. Feel free to PM/post pointers on getting inspired. I hit a wall learning new stuff and haven't picked it up in a while

I found a Strat HSS for $300. Didn't look like it had even been played when I bought it even though it was being sold as "used." All the documents & tremolo bar were still sealed in the original plastic bags.

Here's a link until I get a pic uploaded, the color I have is "Midnight Wine."
http://www.fender.com/products/searc...tno=0144700306

JM
Cool!

My number 1 guitar is a HSS Deluxe Strat:

Also have a MIM HSS Strat with a Floyd Rose whammy bar that I play quite a but.

Last edited by SportBikeMike; 09-23-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:11 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

There you go Mike. I guess a green Kelly does exist.

Here is the website it came from.

http://www.edroman.com/customshop/color/green.htm
Old 09-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Political n00b crusher

Nice!!

I like the Strat shaped one on the far right also.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:51 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Talking It's here, it's finally here!

Yes, it arrived yesterday afternoon. The sucky part is, it got delivered after I left for work. So UPS left it with a neighbor. So I get up this morning, and it was like Christmas! My guitar and amp were brought over while I was sleeping! The amp is awesome, and the guitar is sweet! Pics will follow, as soon as I get a chance. I have already tried it out. There are so many programmable presets and such. I could spend many hours just going through them all. It is the ultimate amp.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Sorry for the delay guys. I haven't been on this site in a while. Been really busy with life and such. I have been playing my guitar off and on, and messing around with the options on my amp. I have been improving on playing, and find I can create instrumentals, better than I can songs with lyrical content. I still try different things, and trying to get better. It is a good release for me, when I get the chance to play. I have some other side projects going on as well. With my ipod flipping, and redoing the inside of my house and such.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Just wanted to update. I started playing live at karaoke the past couple of weeks. And I have been having a blast. I should have videos to post here soon. I got an Ipod Touch with a killer video camera on it. Stay tuned people.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay here is a crappy video recorded with a cell phone. That I played a couple of weeks ago. I just got an Ipod Touch so I now have a decent video camera. Anyway never mind the horrible sound. lol But it is me playing and my friend singing Blackened by Metallica. Enjoy and feel free to comment. More to come.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8DRQaSkLnE
Old 02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Political n00b crusher

WildmaN, there was alot of background noise, but from what i could hear, it sounded pretty good. I noticed you were dive-bombing with the whammy bar!

I finally bought a Jackson myself a couple months ago. A KIng V in Kawasabi Green. I saw it in a catalog and had to have it!

OK which guitar doesn't fit in with the rest!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:56 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

WildmaN, there was alot of background noise, but from what i could hear, it sounded pretty good. I noticed you were dive-bombing with the whammy bar!

I finally bought a Jackson myself a couple months ago. A KIng V in Kawasabi Green. I saw it in a catalog and had to have it!

OK which guitar doesn't fit in with the rest!

Thanks man, yeah it was horrible sound. lol But I was having a blast. This will be my third week in a row playing live. I have a few more crappy videos to put up. I will do that, then there will be better ones after tonight.

As for the guitars. Wow man that is really green. lol I beliieve one of the fenders are out of place.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Political n00b crusher

You're exactly right! The middle Fender doesn't fit in. It has the three single coils, and no humbucker, plus it has the crappy stock Fender whammy bar instead of a Floyd Rose. I've recently sold it.

Look forward to more videos!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:41 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Here it comes man. Brace yourself. Funny I was actually being sarcastic, and I turned out to be right? That's frickin' funny man. Wow. Anyway here is me playing last night at the bar. It is Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth. Enjoy and feel free to comment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8AmS...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Political n00b crusher

Oh man, that was excellent! Looks like you nailed that solo pretty much note-for-note. Good job!

Yeah that was supposed to be a joke about the green guitar sticking out from the rest.....but since you brought it up, at least, tone-wise, the middle Strat doesn't fit in. The two Strats with the humbuckers actually sound pretty similiar to the Jackson.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:19 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Oh man, that was excellent! Looks like you nailed that solo pretty much note-for-note. Good job!

Yeah that was supposed to be a joke about the green guitar sticking out from the rest.....but since you brought it up, at least, tone-wise, the middle Strat doesn't fit in. The two Strats with the humbuckers actually sound pretty similiar to the Jackson.
Thanks man, but I was doing some noodling on some of that solo. The beginning part I was pretty close. But some of the other stuff I had to fake a bit. lol It would take too long to learn it right. Of course Marty Friedman's work is difficult to copy. Thanks though man, there is more to come.

I knew it was a joke about the green Jackson. But I had to be sarcastic. lol Spur of the moment man.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Thanks man, but I was doing some noodling on some of that solo. The beginning part I was pretty close. But some of the other stuff I had to fake a bit. lol It would take too long to learn it right. Of course Marty Friedman's work is difficult to copy. Thanks though man, there is more to come.

I knew it was a joke about the green Jackson. But I had to be sarcastic. lol Spur of the moment man.
I know what you mean about trying to play solos note-for-note, especially something as complicated and fast as Metallica. I don't have the patience to sit down and figure out solos,even with a tablature book handy. I've tried and tried to figure out Eruption by Eddie Van Halen, but I can only play bits and pieces of it. Mostly with solos, I just play a reasonable fascimile or just wing it, and make up my own.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:01 AM

I left a comment on YouTube
Old 03-03-2012, 04:27 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

I left a comment on YouTube
Thanks man, appreciate it. More to come!
Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM

2 thumbs up

Very nice wildman, the sound quality was a major improvement over your 1st video, sounded great, looked like a blast, I had no idea you could do the guitar thing on karaoke. Always wanted to learn to play. Keep posting

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Dream Guitar