The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

My Dream Guitar

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Doesn't post much...

^ Yeah, Epiphone's totally rock. I have a couple Epi Les Paul's. I have a genuine Gibson (white with gold hardware) and an identical Epiphone, and the Epi is actually a BETTER guitar. All the gold plate on the Gibson turned to **** after a few months and the Epi still looks brand new many years later. They play the same, sound the same... I love the Epi's!

Rod.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:47 AM

Thumbs up

I always had always leaned towards Ibanez for my favorite.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:55 PM
confuzed member

I agree...I love my epi masterbilt. It matches the play of many high end martin's and taylors. And I got it for a little under $700 professionally setup. (this was a deal though....they retail for almost $2K)
Old 01-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Political n00b crusher

I've always wanted to try a semi-acoustic guitar but I don't want to fork out $2,500 for an ES-335 so I'm thinking about getting an Epi Dot which are only $300-$400. Anyone have any experience with these guitars?

Ibanez makes some cool semi-acoustic holllowbody electrics too....
Old 01-09-2007, 01:57 PM
The Evil Twin

I like Doritos
Old 01-09-2007, 06:05 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
I've always wanted to try a semi-acoustic guitar but I don't want to fork out $2,500 for an ES-335 so I'm thinking about getting an Epi Dot which are only $300-$400. Anyone have any experience with these guitars?

Ibanez makes some cool semi-acoustic holllowbody electrics too....
how about a taylor T-5? You can get some lightly used ones pretty easily for around $1500.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Political n00b crusher

^I have a taylor 310 and love it. Never tried the semi-acoustics tho...
Old 01-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Doesn't post much...

Try one of these... They are awesome... I have one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kramer-Ferringto...QQcmdZViewItem

Rod.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:24 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay, just did my tax return, and now getting the ball rolling. I should have my beautiful guitar within a month or so. It is on back order until the 15th of Feb. So it gives me time, to pay off my loan, get another one. Take care of my debts, and treat myself to one of my dream guitars. As soon as I get it, you will all know. Can't wait, I am getting better at riffs, and finding the right notes and frets on the neck. I find the easiest way, is to play some basic chords, either metal riffs, or simple blues riffs. Then add a solo with those, while keeping the riffs playing in your head. And just flowing with it, feeling around the neck, to match, and then actually add more to it. Hard to explain, but you get the idea anyway. For all you that play guitar.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:27 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Allright time to raise a thread from the dead ashes of the metal remains once again.

I have my axe coming to my door(yes the one in this thread) with a 21 foot monster cable, and a guitar stand. Guess how much? $629.89, in 3 monthly installments of $209 and some change. Smokin' deal huh? Man I am psyched, can't wait to hold it in my hands, and glide across her smooth pearl shark inlay frets, on the rock maple neck. Ooohh just gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

Anyway feel free to comment, and I will post pics of my new axe when I get her.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:54 AM

Hey WildMAn...If you want to help yourself on learning solo's invest in a "loop" pedal, you will love it and love it and love it some more...

Every Chord is made up of individual notes so if you play an E major chord then playing a solo with any of these notes should sound right with E major ( E major scale-G# Scale-B Major Scale) to start off with. With the "Loop" pedal you can play a chord and have it play it over and over as the name states and play your notes (solo) over it...you will know if you hit the wrong note with the loop in the background. A Chord book and Scale book will be killer for playing on that Jackson!!! Do you know how to read Guitar Tab as apposed to actual music notation? It helps alot if you do as I am sure you would know if you do and ....what was I saying.....I need to drive out there so we can jam sometime.

I am getting a near new V-Amp II from my brother in law for $50 so I am excited about that...still searching for the right guitar at the right price though. I hope the pics of that Jackson are coming soon. Congrats Man!!
Old 03-10-2007, 03:08 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by thxone
Hey WildMAn...If you want to help yourself on learning solo's invest in a "loop" pedal, you will love it and love it and love it some more...

Every Chord is made up of individual notes so if you play an E major chord then playing a solo with any of these notes should sound right with E major ( E major scale-G# Scale-B Major Scale) to start off with. With the "Loop" pedal you can play a chord and have it play it over and over as the name states and play your notes (solo) over it...you will know if you hit the wrong note with the loop in the background. A Chord book and Scale book will be killer for playing on that Jackson!!! Do you know how to read Guitar Tab as apposed to actual music notation? It helps alot if you do as I am sure you would know if you do and ....what was I saying.....I need to drive out there so we can jam sometime.

I am getting a near new V-Amp II from my brother in law for $50 so I am excited about that...still searching for the right guitar at the right price though. I hope the pics of that Jackson are coming soon. Congrats Man!!
Right on man, yeah let me know more about the pedal, that would be cool. As for reading guitar tabs, sort of, but not that well. If you want to give some more info on that, that would be cool. So you want to come all the way out here to jam out? That's nuts bro', but a nice thought. But I am not that good. LOL Anyway don't worry as soon as I get my axe, pics will follow shortly after, that is a promise.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Doesn't post much...

Talking Looky what I just won on EBAY!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7326&rd=1&rd=1

Oh hell yeah!

Now I have TWO of these baby's!!!!

Rod.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:33 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by RodMoyes

Oh hell yeah!

Rod.
Right on man, congrats! That is a sweet axe there. And a good price for a guitar like that. I am getting my Jackson King V, by Thursday. That is what my tracking number says from Fed Ex. HE he
Old 03-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by RodMoyes

Oh hell yeah!

Rod.
Made in Japan Fenders FTW! Nice purchase man...
Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 AM

not the greatest scans in the world, but this is my beloved Peavey Wolfgang.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
i do not play, but i have been musician for many many years--used to sing, love the blues--my favorite sounding guitfiddle is the gibson h0llow body electric-----absolutely beautiful sounds.......but not for metal or punk or hard music......best with blues and boogie and those 2 above make pretty sounds in rock............
Old 03-15-2007, 01:38 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well it arrived today, and it is beautiful. I am going to plug it in here soon. Pics will follow within the next couple of days. And that is a promise. Man I can't believe I have my dream guitar! I also recently won a case on ebay the other day. Here is the link. Even if it doesn't quite work, I will customize it for my new guitar.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0666&rd=1&rd=1
Old 03-15-2007, 03:38 PM

Don't leave us hangin man...PICS...SOON!!! Have someone take a pic of you playing or holding the King V!!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Pics will follow within the next couple of days. And that is a promise.
WTF Man? You know the rules... Pics or die!

Rod.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:36 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Allright for all your viewing pleasure. And you impatient individuals. lol Here is a few teaser pics of my new axe. Enjoy, and will have more here in the near future.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:05 AM
Political n00b crusher

Very nice!!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:54 AM

WEEERRRRRDDDDD!!! Those Duncans are gonna scream.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Doesn't post much...

Nice axe!

Now, CLEAN YOUR ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod.

P.S.

My Telecaster showed up today !!! I am ssoooooooo Stoked! It's awesome!
Old 04-08-2007, 03:05 PM

I may be getting this guitar very soon. I visited a pawn shop that I use to do business with when I was younger and I have become friends with the owner. He tells me that Tuesday there is a guitar coming out for sale as the owner has not come back for it. All he could tell me was what it was but would not show me the guitar. This is "what" it is....with hard shell case...I hope it is a white one, though I would take any of the three colors.

Quick Reply: My Dream Guitar