The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

My Dream Guitar

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL

Old 03-03-2008, 03:24 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

^ Sweet thanks. Those are cool. he he
Old 03-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
FOUND ANOTHER ONE FOR WILDMAN....
THIS ONE--THE HAIR IS MORE LIKE YOURS...oops......
Old 03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

^ That's sweet. thanks.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:44 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Update for all of you on my band situation. We pretty much have a full band together now. Probably within the next couple of weeks. We are going to start meeting up, and jamming together. I have been working on songs, with leads and such. And my recent one, I did Saturday night, before going out. I used my tape recorder, and played a whole song out. And then brought it with me, to show my friends. And then the one friend, that is the founder of the band. Showed up at the bar. So I let him listen to me playing my axe on the tape. And he was asking me. "That is your own material?" And I said "Yes it is, I just came up with it tonight" And then he asked "And you came up with that tonight?" And again I said "Yes I just hit record, while playing it." So anyway he was impressed. So that is a good thing. I am pretty stoked about it. And I play a lot on my axe constantly. Anyway just thought I would fill you all in on it. Will update more, as I go.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:33 AM

When you get to the point where you start multi-tracking, I can help if you have questions.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:27 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay I just got a webcam yesterday. And was screwing around with it last night. Jamming out on my axe. Yes I am in my boxers. lol But you don't see anything I promise. lol
Old 04-14-2008, 10:21 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Here are a couple more of me shredding out on my axe. Feel free to comment...and more to come..

Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Here are some more videos..of me jamming out...check them out...and feel free to comment...yes i know the vocaling sucks..lol i was having an off night...and my g/f reminded me of how bad i sucked...believe me...I do sound better when i sing in public..And it was just to help me play the chords better..lol

Old 04-28-2008, 04:15 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Here are the videos on you tube. They are much better, and the original uncut length. Check them out, and feel free to comment. I like to hear feedback..Thanks... And I really hate my vocals on them..I sound like crap..lol Believe me..I sound much better than that..I was having an off night..lol
http://www.youtube.com/user/atranfanatic
Old 04-28-2008, 05:06 PM

I sent you a friend invite on Youtube!!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:09 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

^ Thanks man...you are added...
Old 04-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Doesn't post much...

Two much METAL!

OGG
Old 06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Two much METAL!

OGG
Thanks man...got some more for you..
Old 06-10-2008, 05:11 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Here is a recent video..I took on my webcam. I will warn you..it is verry scratchy. But try to tune out the scratchiness...and listen to my vocals..and playing. It is actually a whole song..progressive..thrash metal style. I just need to smooth it out a little more. And also work on writing some lyrics to it. And I will be golden..heh heh. Anyway enjoy..and feel free to comment. I always like feedback...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gQSGaX7lK0

I can't seem to figure out. How to post the video directly. Oh well...enjoy and let me know what you think...
Old 06-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Doesn't post much...

^ TooCool.

Here's a little something I was messin' with a few weeks ago. I rushed it together in less than an hour and put it up on SoundClick. Next thing I knew... It was at NUMBER 6! WTF?

It's a crappy, one-take-per-track Instrumental cover of a 26 year old song!.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:03 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
^ TooCool.

Here's a little something I was messin' with a few weeks ago. I rushed it together in less than an hour and put it up on SoundClick. Next thing I knew... It was at NUMBER 6! WTF?

It's a crappy, one-take-per-track Instrumental cover of a 26 year old song!.
Thanks man..much appreciated. And you made that? Way cool man...I love the instrumental version of that...Props bro'
Old 08-18-2009, 03:04 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

I am reviving this thread from the dead with an update. lol Anyway I went to Guitar Center for the first time this past Sunday. And tried out the Spider Line 6 amp. I think I tried 5 to 6 different guitars. And realized, I could play much better than I thought I could. Basically I could play better in the store, than at home. So, I am currently eyeballing the Spider Line 6 amp 75 watt. $249.95 to my door. I will probably do the payment plan. Like I did with my Jackson King V over 2 years ago. I believe strongly, that I have been hindered with my dinosaur amp. Anyway here is a thumbnail of the new amp. I am hopefully going to purchase.
Attached Thumbnails My Dream Guitar-spider-line-6.jpg  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM

jackson is such a great brand.
im actually selling my JACKSON RHOADS
its black, 24 fret and no whammy
need to sell to fix up my car
Old 02-21-2011, 02:50 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

I know it has been over a year since I posted in this thread. But I want to share a little that has happened in my music world.

This past Saturday night, I actually learned the riffs, and chords from my Metallica Ride The Lightning guitar book. I taught myself to learn tabs, and I have them down pretty well. Anyway, I learned Creeping Death, and then played it live at Karaoke this past Saturday night. While my friend was singing it. It was fun, and I got a different feeling, then when I just sing. It was a blast, and I want to do it again here real soon. It was the first time, I have ever played my guitar in public.

So I decided to bring my webcam out of it's dull state. And start recording myself playing again. And then post them on You Tube. It will happen here soon, I will let you all know.

As for the Spider amp, I still do not have it. Things have gotten in the way. It has been a up and down situation in my financial life. And I am actually going to get the Spider Jam Line 6. Which is a lot better, than the previous amp I posted before. I don't know when I am getting it. But sometime in my life I know I will. I hope anyway.

All aside, expect some new videos coming your way. And thanks for posting in my thread. And do feel free to post your music passions, stories, and your thoughts. With your wants, or what you have, and anything else you want to share. \,,/ Keep it METAL!!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Political n00b crusher

Thanks for getting the music thread going again WildmaN. I've added another axe to my collection......a Gibson Flying V. Musicians Friend had it marked down at a discount because it was "slightly used", but when I got it, didn't seem like it had been used at all....totally mint. Then my brother noticed yesterday that the Gibson insignia was upside down on the headstock! Could this be why it was at a reduced price? I like it...just makes the guitar more unique.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:40 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

^ No problem, and nice axe Mike, and choice of colors! I don't know why the Gibson name would be upside down. Maybe you could look up the history of the guitar by the serial number? All aside, I bet it plays awesome.

Yeah I figured I would revive the thread, because of some progress I have made lately. I still have my same King V. She has some battle scars, but still cleans up nicely. I have replaced the strings quite a few times now. I also recently had to readjust my bridge. My strings were sitting too high. It happened when somebody knocked it over at karaoke. When I had her propped on a table. I also accidentally dropped her,a while before that, when I opened the door. With other things on my mind at the time. But she is a tough axe, and still plays awesome. Just can't wait to get my Spider Jam amp.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:55 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Possibly if things keep moving along smoothly. By the end of summer, I should have my Spider Jam Line 6 amp, with something else killer. My other favorite guitar. A Jackson Kelly black, with pearl shark inlays on the fretboard, double Humbucker pickups, and a tremolo bar!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:54 AM

Hey Wildman... I know where you can get a Johnson Millenium Stereo 150 Amplifier for pretty cheap. It is a beast of an amp and will do all you could ever dream of and more with 2-12" Celestions as well. Or even a Behringer V-Ampire amp with a single 12 for under $200 in great shape. Both sound outstanding and are at a local pawnshop down the road from me.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by WildmaN
I believe strongly, that I have been hindered with my dinosaur amp. Anyway here is a thumbnail of the new amp. I am hopefully going to purchase.
You are correct... an old amp with bad tone can keep you from being inspired... the right tone, sound, distortion... man they can open doors in your mind like you wouldn't believe.

Quick Reply: My Dream Guitar