The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Big question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 08:12 PM

Big question...

How do you feel about the upcoming movie "World Trade Center"?? It's pretty controvertial, and I was just wondering how my brothers and sisters here thought about it. I personally think it will be a "healing" adventure. I'm glad it'll be caught somewhat on film for future generations to see and learn from. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

Just wondering about ya'lls thoughts on the film...

Carl
Old 07-28-2006, 08:41 PM

honestly, i thinks its bs. im a pilot in the US army and i mean, it was a good idea, but.. how the hell do they know how pll really really reacted and acted and felt and wat ppl really did when hardly anyone can live to tell about it. i dont think its gana b anything like wat really happened, and how will we ever know wat really happened
Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 PM

Actually, the movie is about 2 police officers that were trapped in the rubble for hours, and lived to tell about it. They did consult on the film, so it's pretty true to life. It's the feeling of whether it's appropriate, too soon, or whatever that I'm after....
Old 07-28-2006, 10:05 PM
The Good Twin

I dunno if I can watch it... I get pissed enough just watching something on tv about 9/11. If I watched a movie about it, I'd prolly go bizzurk on the next Middle-Eatern'er I see... Not good!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Doesn't post much...

I think it's flat out shamefull for someone to try and capitalize on something like that. The bottom line regardless of what the press releases may say is all about making money.

I also think that it's still "Too soon" to be making something like that. I don't know... I guess if they promised to donate every penny of the profits to the families of 9/11 victims I would be more OK with it.

That's not going to happen though.

My respect for Nicholas Cage and Oliver Stone just took a nasty turn for the worse.

Rod.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:00 PM

Americans... So damned sensitive about every damn thing

I agree that the film is only being made to make a buck. They're hoping people are going to flood in to see the movie that accurately depicts actual events that took place. But we all know that hollywood is going to dramatize the $#!^ out of that thing to the point where it's just going to be a bunch of ticket selling B.S. thats going to be far from the truth of what those officers ACTUALLY went through.

But then again...nah... I'll just leave it at that.

I dont think we will ever eclipse that "too soon" mark. Not til the generations that witnessed this disaster are no longer roaming the face of the earth. It's going to be following generations that weren't there to "feel" the greif and inhumanity of that day that are going to be able to watch a film like that and just think "wow, that really happened?".

I can watch old war movies based on actual events and have that same "whoa" mentality. But I'm not as emotionally attached to those particular events that took place soemwhere like Vietnam cause I wasn't around when it took place. I never developed that emotional bond of being there. But you put a movie like that on for someone that actually served in one of those wars and they dont take it so lightly. Well thats our 9/11. It's always going to be a sensitive spot. Imagine having survived the Holocaust, and no matter how long it's been... and then sitting down to watch a movie that actually depicted those events??? Yeah, it'll strike a nerve.

Last edited by jfairladyz; 07-29-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:11 PM

I saved a documentary on 9/11 with footage and interviews. I watch it every 9/11, just to remind me of that initial feeling of insecurity I had. Its easy to forget how fragile life is. Everyday life seems nice and peaceful, but it is only because we've got people hunting down those bastards overseas and busting them before they hit us again. Unfortunately, even after 9/11 many Americans find a way to distance themselves from the reality that hateful, dangerous, ANIMALS are trying to kill them. Those extreme Islamic "people" would kill every one of those idiots that are here making excuses for them. I'm afraid that we still haven't gotten kicked in the ***** quite hard enough for this country's citizens to unite against them...

Oh, wait, I was supposed to comment on "World Trade Center"... I'll definitely see it, and fully expect it to fire me up like "Flight 93" did.

wow... that felt good...
Old 08-01-2006, 07:03 AM

I don't have problem with people making movies about 9/11. I do have a problem with people profiting off the events of that day. Keep enough money to recoup costs, use actors who will work for free and donate the rest to charities (doesn't even have to be 9/11 charities).