300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Won't Start?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 06:59 PM

Won't Start?

I drove my Z32 '90 2+2 the other day, and it was fine. Now it won't start. The battery is new, cranks great. Just won't 'catch'. I did remove all of the rear hatch interior and install a rear strut bar today, though I wouldn't think that has anything to do with it. Rear hatch and doors were open most of the day, so I went to start to ensure that I didn't drain the battery, and it won't start. I'm I suppose to hear a hum from the fuel pump when I initally turn the key? If so - there is none. I did replace the fuel lines and fuel filter last weekend when I installed the front strut bar, though I have driven it since then without any problem. Could there be a breaker or something like that for the fuel pump? I am confused! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited by KevinH; 10-01-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Jack Of All Trades

First I'd pull a fuel line after the filter and turn the key to on. Does the fuel flow? If no, check the fuses and relay.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:19 PM

OK - I feel Like a Fool!

As you will see, I don't have a problem admitting when I am wrong.
When I had the rear seat out of my 2+2 and the rear driverside - side panel, I went ahead and disconnected the plugs to the old Bose amp system. Ovbiously, I got to over zellas and unplugged the wiring harness to the fuel pump. After I checked the fuses, I remember about unplugging those plugs. Since the car was fine before the installation of the rear strut bar, I figured that it had to do something with what I did today. I removed the rear seat and side panel, re-connected the plugs I undid earlier today, and it started right up. Obviously - operator error! I can't believe that I did that! Oh - well - everything good now!
Thanks!
Old 10-02-2005, 04:57 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by KevinH
....... I got to over zellas and unplugged the wiring harness to the fuel pump........
That's awesome. I was gonna suggest that, but I was thinking in my 2+0, I waouldn't have had to dig that deep to put the bar on. I'm not familiar with the 2+2.