300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Problem # 4,568,793

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Tough Guy

Problem # 4,568,793

So.

Fixed the flood situation.
Fixed the Battery situation.
Dropped in a new alternator.

So why not have another right.

Since I put the new alternator in, the ride has been smoother, idle has been smoother as well. Volts were no normally reading 14, instead of the 12 it had been reading since I picked up the car in November.

Driving to school today all of a sudden the Volts drop to 12. The car still holds the charge so Im rulling out the fact that it could be an alternator problem. Everytime something is turned on or pressed that uses power the ABS, Headlight, Battery and Brake lights come on. ABS doesnt come on all the time, but it does sometimes. Along with the lights comes a static like sound. The sound is comming from under neath the steering wheel on the clutch side where all the harnesses are. I checked all the harnesses and they were all tight and what not. This happens when I roll the windows down, turn on the blinkers (it makes the static and the lights come on with the blinking pattern), it happens when I turn the lights on...pretty much all of the things that need power. What could this be. Im starting to get fed up with all the issues, I love the Z, but not the problems.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:12 PM

I had a noise in my Z... It was like a "brrrrpp... brrrrrrp" Almost a whining sound. If you know what a hedgehog sounds like when it's crying, it sounds like that (my Hedgehog has some sort of an emotional problem... He cries when he is hungry, tired, restless, cold, hot etc etc)

It sounded the EXACT same... Kinda bordering on funny, ha.

But I think it may be... Man actually, you've got me on this one bro. No clue.

I was going to say your battery connection maybe? Let us know
Old 05-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Tough Guy

My friend tested the battery charging thing or some ****. He said that the alternator was faulty. I think it could be a loose connection on the alternator like the terminal part or something. It was weird like I think I hit a bump this morning when it happened. Then pulling out of my friends shop I think I drove over the entrance curb thing. It went back up to 14 volts. I dont know. On the up side of things, I told the guy who sold it to me that it was faulty, becuase I thought that it was, could still be to. He told me to keep it, and hes sent me back my money.

Anywho. My dog has emotional issues to. Ill be beating him and ****, and hell start crying. I dont know what his problem is. He just crys alot. Like, I feed him once or twice a month, and he has a nice hole that he lives in, damn animals and their issues.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Umm....aside from the animal cruelty, you guys were pretty messed up to begin with. Now this!

Back to the problem. I suggest you get under the car and check that positive connection. Make sure it's clean and tight. Aside from that, I suggest installing a grounding net.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Tough Guy

First. If he didnt want to get beat he would just be like..."Yo Dom, why you got to be hittin a brotha?" Chances are I would smack him just for talking back to me like that. But whatever.

Second

Connection checking is what im going to do tomorrow. The ground I know is tight. But. Whats a Grounding Net?
Old 05-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

http://www.ttzd.com/tech/groundnettech.html

Check that out. If you have any spare wiring laying around you can do this. Or you can go out and buy a kit. It's really easy to install.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:56 PM

HAHAHAHA... "When I beat him, he starts crying" Good stuff, ha.

Im not sure how you would abuse a hedgehog with-out him sticking the crap out of you... I dont even think you would hurt him if you through him against the wall.

Anyways, my noise came from under the drivers side dash.
"Brrrrpp... Brrrrrpp..." Just random BRRRP's no clue why. Any ideas why?
Old 05-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Tough Guy

Originally Posted by NISMO LMR
HAHAHAHA... "When I beat him, he starts crying" Good stuff, ha.

Im not sure how you would abuse a hedgehog with-out him sticking the crap out of you... I dont even think you would hurt him if you through him against the wall.

Anyways, my noise came from under the drivers side dash.
"Brrrrpp... Brrrrrpp..." Just random BRRRP's no clue why. Any ideas why?
Thats where mine came from.

As far as the hog, you could just put him in like a box, and shake it up, ALOT!!
Old 05-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Tough Guy

What does this gounding net do axactly?
Old 05-05-2004, 07:59 PM

grounding net insures a good ground.very easy to do.extra precaution,if you will