300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

I think im in a pickle- wheels spin w/clutch down, and hard to shift into gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 09:22 PM

I think im in a pickle- wheels spin w/clutch down, and hard to shift into gear

So a week ago, I replaced my clutch(bearings, disc, and pressure plate), only to notice after I started my car it was a bad throw out bearing (made a awful noise and even smoked). But seeing as how the old one seemed perfect, I greased it up and swapped it out, and it seems great. Then there is this. Now it is hard to shift through my gears (barley can get into fourth, fifth and reverse without SERIOUS strength) and while my car is just in neutral or while on clutch my rear wheels spin(I can stop them with my hand, then they continue spinning). I completely bleed the clutch, got a new slave, and adjusted the pedal. What could be my problem? How to fix?

tl;dr Replaced clutch, now wheels spin while on clutch pedal & VERY hard to switch gears. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Carson B
So a week ago, I replaced my clutch(bearings, disc, and pressure plate), only to notice after I started my car it was a bad throw out bearing (made a awful noise and even smoked). But seeing as how the old one seemed perfect, I greased it up and swapped it out, and it seems great. Then there is this. Now it is hard to shift through my gears (barley can get into fourth, fifth and reverse without SERIOUS strength) and while my car is just in neutral or while on clutch my rear wheels spin(I can stop them with my hand, then they continue spinning). I completely bleed the clutch, got a new slave, and adjusted the pedal. What could be my problem? How to fix?

tl;dr Replaced clutch, now wheels spin while on clutch pedal & VERY hard to switch gears. Thanks!
So I'm not to sure about the wheel spinning problem but as to the tuff shifting I had the same problem. Unfortunately it broke my shift support bracket but we fixed that with no problem. Anyway when you put the bolt that connects the shifter to the selector(in my case it is a gold rod leading into the gear box) but whatever color it may be that bolt connecting the shifter to the gold rod is most likely over tightened. I went back in and loosened it a bit and now the car shifts better then when I got it

Last edited by Anthonylvega; 06-01-2014 at 05:32 PM.