300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 PM

wont start

Hello everyone i have a 1984 n/a automatic just had a new head job, new alternator new starter new coil new transistor new distributor with cap and rotar aand crank angle sensor ,new spark, plugs new MAF, new spark plugs,and wires new CHTS, new TPS, just replaced the battery and the fuseable links. Now when i try to start it all it does is crank but does not fire , it sounds like it wants to fire but its getting no spark at this point i have no idea what it could be i have pulled the codes and it gives nothing its getting fuel but no spark. But i do have one other question when the engine was done a the shop i drove it home and then i heard a pop from the engine at first i thaught it was the timming belt but checked and its still there every since then it will not start. But when i poped open the hood i saw that they had connectedthe TPS with the O2 sensor so i was curious could that cause a short, that ended up blowing up my fuseable link? any help would be appreciated .
Old 08-12-2012, 06:42 PM

wont start

Hello everyone i have a 1984 n/a automatic just had a new head job, new alternator new starter new coil new transistor new distributor with cap and rotar aand crank angle sensor ,new spark, plugs new MAF, new spark plugs,and wires new CHTS, new TPS, just replaced the battery and the fuseable links. Now when i try to start it all it does is crank but does not fire , it sounds like it wants to fire but its getting no spark at this point i have no idea what it could be i have pulled the codes and it gives nothing its getting fuel but no spark. But i do have one other question when the engine was done a the shop i drove it home and then i heard a pop from the engine at first i thaught it was the timming belt but checked and its still there every since then it will not start. But when i poped open the hood i saw that they had connectedthe TPS with the O2 sensor so i was curious could that cause a short, that ended up blowing up my fuseable link? any help would be appreciated .
Old 08-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Grumpy & Helpful

did you ask them what moron connected the tps to the O2 sensor? god only knows what that may have done but I would be down with a short barrel 12 ga asking a lot of questions.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 PM

wont start