300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Twincharging Might be an Option

Old 05-11-2011, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by hoov100
Don't even tell them that. Just get the lien sale paper work. All you need is a bill of sale. if you KNOW it's not stolen, then I wouldn't even bother with that and take a bill of sale down to the DMV and apply for a lost title. It should cost less then $50 either way. I have lien sales many cars and the most I had to pay was $100 and it has back registration.
i have no proof i bought this car.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:36 AM

Most states don't even issue paper titles anymore, amazingly.
So what do you do when you sell a car in one of those states? Arizona obviously isn't one of them.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum
So what do you do when you sell a car in one of those states? Arizona obviously isn't one of them.
You take the bill of sale to the DMV and they transfer everything into your name.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by SoNotaMechanic
i have no proof i bought this car.
Run the VIN through the police department to make sure it's not stolen, then have a family member write up a bill of sale. The DMV could care less about who owned/owns it as long as they get their money.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 AM

You take the bill of sale to the DMV and they transfer everything into your name.
What about going out of state to transfer the title?

Which states don't have paper titles any more?

Run the VIN through the police department to make sure it's not stolen, then have a family member write up a bill of sale. The DMV could care less about who owned/owns it as long as they get their money.
WOW! That would make a car easy to steal. Find someone who's on vacation for a few days, steal their car, write up a bill of sale, get new title. Simple.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:47 AM
The Good Twin

Most states don't even issue paper titles anymore, amazingly.
I've never heard of this... in fact, it's more important than ever to have a title these days. I've been working w/ the CA & UT DMV's for several months now over a motorcycle I bought from a guy who last had it registered in CA, but lost the title (I paid him $100 & took possession of the bike... remaining $300 due when he gives me the title). The UT DMV will not even talk to me w/o a CA title, since the bike has never been registered in UT.

Also... since we are on the topic of titles, there has been a recent scam going on here in Utah involving car titles...

Someone will request a dupe title (claiming orig title was lost when they actually still have it) then take out a loan on the dupe title, then sell the car w/ the other title... you'd never know the car has a loan / lien on it until you go register it, then the owner disappears with your $$$.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:04 PM

im on the phone with the DMV NV right now... on hold... waiting for somebody in the registration dept.

transferred to title dept.

he told me to go and ask the bailiff of justice court and petition ownership, and tell them that the car was left in my possession, and has never been claimed. lets see what happens.

oh and i asked the guy about the bill of sale, and he literally said "the only thing a bill of sale is good for is buying them in bulk at the grocery market and wiping your tush with them after a number 2"

quite funny i thought i should share that.