300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

Need help with fuel pressure regulator

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:55 PM

Need help with fuel pressure regulator

Does anyone know the part # or where to purchase a "Fuel Temperature Sensor" that screws into the fuel pressure regulator? I've gone everywhere and researched the regulator to see if it came with it but does not. Any assistance will greatly be appreciated. I've ran the computer on my 88 turbo and everything checks out but that part and my fuel consumption is very high. Before yall jump to any conclusion, ive already done a COMPLETE tune up, exhaust mod, replace fuel psi regulator, and o2 sensor. Computer states everything checks out but the fuel temperature sensor.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 PM
The Good Twin

First google result: http://www.az-zbum.com/information.common.parts.shtml

Nissan part# 22630-V5001

Have you called Nissan? Have you checked the local junk yards? Have you checked the single wire connection to the actual sensor?

PS... I actually yanked two from a junk yard and have one I will sell you.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by TeamRonin
Does anyone know the part # or where to purchase a "Fuel Temperature Sensor" that screws into the fuel pressure regulator? I've gone everywhere and researched the regulator to see if it came with it but does not. Any assistance will greatly be appreciated. I've ran the computer on my 88 turbo and everything checks out but that part and my fuel consumption is very high. Before yall jump to any conclusion, ive already done a COMPLETE tune up, exhaust mod, replace fuel psi regulator, and o2 sensor. Computer states everything checks out but the fuel temperature sensor.

Thanks!
Ummm... The fuel pressure regulator does come with it. That's why the Z31 fiche doesn't list a separate part number for it.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:01 AM

I work part time with O'Reilly auto parts and the fuel pressure regulator DOES NOT come with that particular sensor. I also have my connections through NAPA, Autozone, Carquest, Pepboys, and my thrid party from my store Keystone (not the beer, lol). Oh yea and i did call courtesy nissan and they told me they no longer carry them. Neither one of their fuel pressure regulators come with the Fuel Temperature sensor. I find that very odd, like you i assumed it came with it.

NismoPick:
I sure have checked the wire to see if its in good condition and it surely is. The crappy thing is (in which i should of been specific, my fault and apologize) when i disconnected the wire from the sensor the whole thing broke as i was inspecting it due to the reading from the computer. It was very brittle caused from the heat. I replaced the wire and put some heat retardant insulation on it to prevent it from happening again. But that leaves me with a broken and nonworking sensor.

I did look in the local junk yards but turned up nothing. THe regulator was gone and with my sensor. Nearest junk yard that i know will have it is 3 hours away but not worth traveling that far to just get a sensor. Thanks for the part number NismoPick I will call them back with that number and see what turns up. If nothing still, how much ya want for the one ya have up for sale? one more question, what is that temperature reading on that sensor for when it engages and disengages the reading? Thanks again for everything! and i'll keep yall posted on what i turn up.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by TeamRonin
I work part time with O'Reilly auto parts and the fuel pressure regulator DOES NOT come with that particular sensor. I also have my connections through NAPA, Autozone, Carquest, Pepboys, and my thrid party from my store Keystone (not the beer, lol). Oh yea and i did call courtesy nissan and they told me they no longer carry them. Neither one of their fuel pressure regulators come with the Fuel Temperature sensor. I find that very odd, like you i assumed it came with it.
Well there's your problem. When you buy a new one from Nissan, it does come with it.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Ruff Ryder

I've got a good one, from an 87 N/A, I'll even toss in the regulator if you pay the shipping.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:02 PM

how much ya asking all together?