300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

Best engine and tranny swap for a 86 z31?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 08:20 PM

Best engine and tranny swap for a 86 z31?

I just bought a 86 z31 n/a auto, I was wondering what the best affordable engine swap would be and what 5 speed tranny is compatible with my car. I've been told to drop a 350 in, but I wanted to see what other people have done to their z's.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:36 PM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

VG30ET. Compatible transmission depends on your choice of engine.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:14 AM

i was looking into the vg33de, do you know of any compatible 5 speed transmissions for that engine?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:02 AM
The Good Twin

VG33DE? Are you custom building / machining this engine? Because Nissan never made a VG33DE. They made a VG30DE and a VG33E. Again, you would use the transmission meant for the engine. Some of the VG transmissions may cross swap. Feel free to search.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM

I am thinking of doing the VG30ET swap on my dads 86 Z31 it seems cheap i heard of people doing it with a $500 parts car. And if you put a VG33 intake for low end power thicker rods and a intercooler i think it can make some serious power.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:51 PM

Expect nothing to fit if you swap the intake. Or drop the hood and watch as it leaves a massive dent in it. Where would you get the rods from? H Beams are usuaully around 700 for a set of 6. If you want to swap to a turbo for cheap you could find a turbo 5 speed. Just make sure that you have the right model. 2+2 (turbo only in Canada) and 2+0 driveshafts are different lengths. Best bet would be to find a mangled '86T with a good motor and trans and swap everything (injectors, intake pipe
) on to your engine, buy a clutch, swap the flywheel and pop the tranny in. If it blows, you got another engine.
If you want it to last, expect a little bit of money into it. But generally these engines are pretty reliable under boost and can make a good 250 WHP without massive upgrades.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:10 PM

i found a vg30det with 5 speed trans from a z32 what would i need to swap this into my vg30de z31 a/t trans? besides the wiring harness and ecu, is this compatible with my car?
Old 11-23-2013, 03:59 PM

Well as for the intake i would just get a molded hood but i rather not. As for the engine thats been my plan to find a wrecked Z31 turbo. I have heard every were that its the cheapest for the power and its still easier to work on than the z32 engine
Old 11-23-2013, 09:08 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Lopez8110
besides the wiring harness and ecu, is this compatible with my car?
Feel free to search.

https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx...g30dett-32802/
Old 12-01-2013, 07:22 PM

Good ****ing grief! He already said...

VG30ET.

Anything else is going to run you a few thousand dollars. Budget for $5k and don't be surprised if you go over budget.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:55 PM

I would check with your state and insurance company as to if it can be licensed . lopez8110
missouri banned motor swaps other than original in 1992, Ks does too .
Old 02-27-2024, 06:08 PM
Banned

Residing in OC or any coastal city near the ocean provides plenty of perks, however it also presents distinct challenges. One particular challenge is the potential damage resulting from moisture and humidity into the drywall within our homes. In this blog post, we will explore the importance of timely drywall repair and discuss the specific considerations for homeowners in Orange County and other coastal cities. By comprehending the risks and taking proactive measures, residents can guarantee the longevity and structural integrity of their homes.

Understanding the Impact of Moisture on Drywall
Drywall, an ordinary building material utilized for interior walls and ceilings, is vulnerable to moisture damage. In coastal areas, the closeness into the ocean heightens the risk as a result of higher humidity levels and occasional moisture intrusion from the salty air. When moisture seeps into drywall, it could cause various problems, including:
Mold and Mildew Growth: Excess moisture generates an ideal environment for mold and mildew to thrive, jeopardizing indoor air quality and posing health risks.
Structural Weakness: Wet drywall undermines and loses its structural integrity, potentially ultimately causing sagging, cracks, and on occasion even collapse.
Aesthetical Damage: Moisture wear often occurs in nasty marks, effervescent, shedding color, and structure damage, lowering the visual appeal of your house.

Timely Drywall Repairs: Fighting Longer Wear
Fixing drywall quickly is vital to prevent supplemental damage and minimize restore prices. Slowing repairs intensifies provide concerns, ultimately causing other intensive and highly-priced makeovers. Consider the next explanations why timely drywall remedy is essential:
Mold Mitigation: resolving moisture-related issues swiftly inhibits fungus growth and growth, safeguarding your family's health.
Sustaining Structural Consistency

: handling broken drywall guarantees the balance and well-being of your property, evading interested hazards.
Avoiding additional Harm: Humidity-affected drywall can impact abutting materials such as for instance insulation and solid wood framework. By mending drywall promptly, it is possible to evade additional damage and corresponding repairs.
Cost Efficiency: Early detection and repair of drywall issues are more cost-effective than waiting through to the damage will become extreme. Well timed problems conserve you from widespread rehabilitations and interested relocation costs.

Methods for Drywall Repair in Coastal Places
Living near the ocean necessitates extra care to keep up the stability of one's drywall. Here are some useful tips for home-owners in OC and resort cities:
Normal reports: Conduct routine visual inspections of the drywall, being mindful of signs of wetness damage, such as slight discoloration, cracking painting, or delicate marks.
Working with humidity: Use dehumidifiers or air conditioning units to regulate indoors humidity stages, exclusively during the course of wetter times.
Guaranteeing Ventilation: Ensure the right venting in bath areas, bathrooms, and other areas susceptible to dampness accumulation. Mount and maintain exhaust fans to remove accumulated humidity.
Regularly keeping up the surface: Periodically visit your home's facade, like the ceiling, drains, and skirting, to spot and handle any promising points of humidity attack.
Fixing Plumbing Related Leaks: Resolve any plumbing systems leaks instantly to prevent waters from seeping in to the areas and inflicting drywall destruction.
Professional help: Engage highly trained providers for complete assessments and treatments to tackle any overall or promising drywall dilemmas.

Bottom Line
In coast avenues like Orange County, prompt drywall mend is essential to alleviate the poor outcomes of wetness and dampness. By understanding the risks associated with dampness harm and adopting enthusiastic ways, individuals are allowed to ensure the durability, safety, and aesthetic selling point of personal family homes.

I value greatly the uncovering of this site owing to its plenty of invaluable knowledge and factual material. The website.com has demonstrated to be an invaluable asset, offering vital knowledge on a wide range of subjects. Its extensive collection of data has made it an indispensable resource for study, education, and staying informed. I am captivated by the site's commitment to exactness and reliability, guaranteeing that users can rely on the knowledge they discover. I am eager about recommending this site to my friends, as it presents a unique opportunity to explore and gain a wealth of knowledge effortlessly. I urge them to visit Anaheim CA water and fire restoration companies and uncover the multitude of perspectives it has to provide.

Commercial Upsides of Timely Drywall Restoration dcd3384