280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

some help for a noob

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:28 AM

some help for a noob

Ok so now that i installed my sterio, the ladies voice that warns me of everything has gone super quite and happens with some clicking from the right rear of the car. whats happened?? i didnt cut any wires that i know of, any suggestions?
Also i just had a flowmaster installed because the old muffler was rusted out and while it was in there, they said my exhaust manifold is not tight and they can see black all under my intake. also that my down pipe is rusted through and i need a new one. Should i just get headers and will the header go all the way to the cat? Also who makes the headers and will they get that annoying tinking sound? all that i can find is pacesetter and i hear they are cheap and thin and will most likly cause that tinking sound. Suggestions?
And the last and maybe the most important, my oil presure gauge is acting funny. when i start the car it will usually go to the middle. but sometimes after i start it, i rev it up a little and it drops. and after it hits the bottom it comes back up. then other times it'll stay constent in the middle and other times it wont even work. how can i test it or could it be a bad ground or what? i dont like driving my car if something other than electrical is wrong. please give me your input on that also.
thank you
Old 03-19-2007, 05:34 AM

First. I don't really know any one who has made the Bitchin Betty work with after market radio.
Second. MSA makes a nice Header kit for these car's. I have not heard anyone have a problem with "Ticking"
http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PEC.

Third. Oil Pressure Sender, they tend to get clogged. find another one. or try to clean it. that will fix your problem. It's located in the Yellow Circle.
Attached Thumbnails some help for a noob-photo_030507_001_pressuresensor.jpg  
Old 03-19-2007, 07:25 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Jadon
Ok so now that i installed my sterio, the ladies voice that warns me of everything has gone super quite and happens with some clicking from the right rear of the car. whats happened?? i didnt cut any wires that i know of, any suggestions?
Super quiet? But you can still hear it? Make sure the sound is coming from the front dash speakers. A wire WAS cut, or not hooked up correctly.

they said my exhaust manifold is not tight and they can see black all under my intake. also that my down pipe is rusted through and i need a new one. Should i just get headers and will the header go all the way to the cat? Also who makes the headers and will they get that annoying tinking sound? all that i can find is pacesetter and i hear they are cheap and thin and will most likly cause that tinking sound. Suggestions?
You can spend a couple hundred dollars & buy a header, or just replace the stock gaskets, and find a better "downpipe" at a junk yard. It will be easier to install a header, just more costly.

And the last and maybe the most important, my oil presure gauge is acting funny. when i start the car it will usually go to the middle. but sometimes after i start it, i rev it up a little and it drops. and after it hits the bottom it comes back up. then other times it'll stay constent in the middle and other times it wont even work. how can i test it or could it be a bad ground or what? i dont like driving my car if something other than electrical is wrong. please give me your input on that also.
thank you
Lots of threads here on this topic. I've found that the oil pressure sensor becomes faulty. A new one should do the trick (if you have the propper amount of oil in the engine). The L series oil pumps hardly ever go bad.

Originally Posted by FubarI33t
First. I don't really know any one who has made the Bitchin Betty work with after market radio.
I have an aftermarket stereo & the voice warning box works fine. Just gotta pay attention to the wires you are hooking up.

Third. Oil Pressure Sender, they tend to get clogged. find another one. or try to clean it. that will fix your problem. It's located in the Yellow Circle.
Werd.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:53 AM

Nismo. You should change your Under Avatar Sig, From "The Good Twin" To "The Politically Correct Twin"
Old 03-19-2007, 07:56 AM
The Good Twin

Nismo. You should change your Under Avatar Sig, From "The Good Twin" To "The Politically Correct Twin"
Hehe! I like! I like!