280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Ok, so her'es the deal......

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:02 PM

Ok, so her'es the deal......

....Alright, I've been afraid to post this, but here goes. I got in a fender bender with my car, and was found with a tad over the legal limit of beer on my breath. The car is still in the yard, cause I cant afford to get it out, and I"m currently waitng to hear the outcome of the whole deal. Truthfully, I haven't had to deal with this **** since 1992, so I don't really know what to expect. This is so uncharacteristic of me, that it blows my mind as well. Here's the deal............If for some reason I don't get the car out (cause it's gonna cost a fortune!!), or whatever, I want ALL of you to know that you have been so very helpful and such good damn friends! I'll never find another group like you all!! You will always be the forefront of my thoughts! I wish the best to all of you, and hope to see you again someday! There's special people in there also, but they know who they are, and in all honesty, you are all very special to me!! (special note to Snowy.....no, I'm not gay!) HAAHAHA.......buddy, you are definately one of my favorites!!

Everyone take care, and know that I may come back!!\

Carl's Z

aka Carl
Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Ruff Ryder

i highly doubt that they would put you away for more then 6 months, let alone put you in jail at all, your not reckless, plus im fairly sure that you are off the ticket-watchers eyes, be nice to the judge and kiss as much *** as possible..
Old 08-03-2007, 09:08 PM
The Good Twin

Doh! It happens bro. Even if the Z is gone, you can still stick around here!!! You must!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Über User

youll probably loose your license for 6 months, thats what heppend to my friend, get a lawyer though but im sure you planned on it, and try to find a way to get teh car out fast the fee will just build. and good luck man sometimes crap happens, at least you didnt hurt any body, you didnt right?

oh yeah, and woot i got a special note! lol.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Big Poppa

i would focus on getting the car out b4 you go in (if you could i dunno) that way impound fees dont kill you later, and you still get to have your car when you get out, even a loan would be worth it for that, or if ya got ppl that could help you out. hope it works out, your funny links could be missed.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:09 AM

DUDE!!!

Man that blows monkey ***** all to hell and back. Yes, do what you can to get the car out BEFORE the **** hits the fan...if for some reason you had to spend some time inside (however unlikely...unless you are sugar coating what happened ) then it would not be cost effective to get the car out after the fact. Chances are if you went in the car would be sold at auction or scrapped after you get out. SAVE THAT CAR!!! By the way...are you ok..were you injured?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:32 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Aw man, that majorly friggin' sucks dude! I am sorry to hear that bro'. Yeah do what the people say on here. Do what it takes to get your Z out. Even if you have to get a loan. And get it as quick as possible. I really wish I could help you get it out. PM me how much, maybe I can use my credit card, if all else fails. I want to try and help you buddy. Let me know if you can.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Taste My Rainbow

if i had the money i would start a "get out of impound fund" for ya....
Old 08-05-2007, 05:27 AM

sorry to hear that man... good luck with whatever happens
Old 08-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Euro Z King

Location: Utrecht The Netherlands where owning a car is a CRIME!!
update ???
Old 08-05-2007, 07:33 PM
MegaSquirter

Depending on what state your in, "I guess I could have looked at your profile", unless you really hurt someone, you should just get probation. That's if you are convicted. I'm an officer here in Texas and we have some pretty tough DUI laws. When you go before the judge be humble, or just get a good lawyer and fight the DUI. But I can say based on my experience, at the most if convicted you would loose your license for a few months and get a slap on the hand. But whatever happens, best of luck to you.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:49 AM
From NY to AZ

Arizona shouldn't be too tough with the DUI laws, unless they've tried to crack down in the last couple years that I've been gone. Just tell them you can't afford not to have a vehicle because of you commute to work, taking care of a family member, whatever... The fact that you're not a repeat offender (not recently anyways) will help you too. I've seen people who have multiple DUI's get just a slap on the wrist and not even have their license suspended. They may however put a breathalyser in your car that you have to blow into every time you go to start the vehicle. Those are fun...

Whatever happens I wish you good luck!

-Igor
Old 08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
NisTuner

Have you guys heard about that car that Nissan is working on to prevent DUI? Something about a shifter that will monitor the alcohol levels in your sweat, something that can detect alcohol levels in the air of the cabin, I think there was some kind of sensor being put into the seat. I think they were also doing something that if it detected a high amount, the car would not allow you to start it, and it would give you a warning to not drink and drive.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:50 PM

Sweet............more cars to fix at the detail tent when they won't start after being cleaned.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

Originally Posted by duowing
Have you guys heard about that car that Nissan is working on to prevent DUI? Something about a shifter that will monitor the alcohol levels in your sweat, something that can detect alcohol levels in the air of the cabin, I think there was some kind of sensor being put into the seat. I think they were also doing something that if it detected a high amount, the car would not allow you to start it, and it would give you a warning to not drink and drive.

what if u just used scope or some sort that does not effect your driving skills but registers on a breath tester...guess you would be late to work for healthy gums
Old 08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

Originally Posted by 260zturbo
what if u just used scope or some sort that does not effect your driving skills but registers on a breath tester...guess you would be late to work for healthy gums

Alcoholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit, Otto, you're an alcoholic." "Dammit, Otto, you have lupis." One of those two doesn't sound right. --Mitch Hedberg R.I.P

accidentally hit the quote BUTTON
Old 08-06-2007, 10:00 PM
NisTuner

I'd imagine there's more to it, but I don't think scope would be enough to put you over the limit.