Old 09-22-2006, 08:40 AM

that was their argument!

"no bro, EENCH AHRA - my skyline has the real logo bro, EENCH DURKA"
Old 09-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Über User

get a list of names numbers and adresses....im goin to clense them
Old 09-22-2006, 08:56 AM

let me tell you something about their ethnicity

NOTE: THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE RACIST IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM IF THIS OFFENDS YOU SORRY

Armenians - if you pick a fight with one of them, they run away.

ten minutes later there's 397384738
Old 09-22-2006, 09:01 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by veritas
let me tell you something about their ethnicity

NOTE: THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE RACIST IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM IF THIS OFFENDS YOU SORRY
That's not racism... just ignorant stereotyping.

That's like saying Mexicans are poor... Americans are pigs... Africans are slaves....
Old 09-22-2006, 09:04 AM

I'm not stereotyping, it's true.

I live in a city that has that HIGHEST population of Armenians, outside of their own country.

by the way I have to quote this movie:
bad guy - Ewan McStarley, UK Special Forces, spent 4 years in a third world country, burnt down 2 villages, killed 17 men and children, raped 9 women
black guy - Man, what da **** is wrong wit chu
british guy - Owl in eh dais werk
Old 09-22-2006, 04:33 PM
confuzed member

OK. What you REALLY should do is get the 280zx. Get it running nice and looking nice, nothing too wild. Then use that car as your daily driver. Then buy my 73 240z and build that car. If you want the lightest, best performing car, the 240z is the way to go. It's always everyone's first option to swap into. A 600rwhp RB26 in a 240z would always feel more like 800rwhp because the cars are so light. 240z's make some of the best handling cars as well.....you'll always see more 240z's at the track than 280zx's (well, kinda....240z's are A LOT more rare). I initially bought my car to swap an LS1 into it and build a BAD street car, but I don't have the budget that you do.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Über User

if you didnt live in Cali i would buy your 240....i would buy any decent priced 240 that has MINOR rust...i just hate dealing with rust....after that i can fix most anything wiht help of dad/friends.....GAh...
Old 09-22-2006, 05:02 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
if you didnt live in Cali i would buy your 240....i would buy any decent priced 240 that has MINOR rust...i just hate dealing with rust....after that i can fix most anything wiht help of dad/friends.....GAh...
mine has little to no rust. Nothing in the major places. It's been sprayed with zinc chromate, which helps prevent rust.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Über User

BUT.... your still so far...you know what...i have shipped a car before....dude...e-mail me some pics and what state its in wehn you grab the time... sky_viper6868@yahoo.com

edit: and price your lookin for of coarse
Old 09-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Returning Bleach Groupie

Buncha 280zx haters, get the damn 280zx! ha
Old 09-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Über User

emo i know your still on....E-MAIL MEE!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:47 PM

cause....GM SUCKS!!!! waaaaahhhhh....... ok ok, not suck just not my cup of tea. and!!!! why they hell would you want an aluminum block, sure its light....but that is not a very strong metal. plus...its nissan baby. i hate the sound of V8's they are anoying as crabs(not the animal)....they honestly ruined the dragstrip for me. they guzzle the **** out of gas. suck on emisions. and quite honestly....dont belong in any car not made in america. i love our country....but i dont love our car production line.

and its not black crow....they kid looks different from the my 350z turd. lol.....yet, the story is crazy similare huh?
so money explanation....still waiting. i want to be wow'ed
Aluminum blocks are not weaker then iron blocks. In most cases they are actually more rigid then iron blocks due to all the extra webbing thats cast into them (aluminum has this advantage because after all the extra webbing it's still lighter then the non webbed iron blocks). Most aluminum blocks use cylinder liners to make up for the rapid wear of aluminum. Others use silicon. Either way wear is on par with iron blocks.

Annoyance is an un-corked 4 cylinder screaming at 9k rpm. Nothing, IMO, can beat V8 rumble

oh and also...in an RB26 your not really squeexing 600hp out of that motor. it is a de-tuned super car motor anywyas. like the vg30dett...but an inline 6 instead of V6. as long as you have the suporting parts (proper turbo/fuel supply) and the tuning capabilities you could get 600hp out of the stock bottom end...i jsut think its wise to build a motor that you want lots of HP from. oh yeah and i wasnt bashing on you...i just dont like V8's i dont want any hard feelings from a miss interp thxone....
The N1 engine is the detuned GT motor (good luck finding one), NOT the RB26 found in the average GT-R. The regular RB's are prone to failure above 5-600HP and this has been shown time and again. Weather it's oil pump failure or the constantly blown headgaskets, they are far from bullet proof. The 2JZ is a far superior motor to the RB (but it's also a beast). Nissan moved away from the RB in racing long before the GT-R expired. It switched to the VQ while it was still campaining the R34. The RB is not all it's cracked up to be. Sure in stock form it can handle a lot of power (but what Nissan motor cant). Nissan has made better motors (ahem, VG30DETT, ahem) that don't get nearly as much credit.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Über User

woops..on the RB...4 cyl are anoying when all motor open headers (aka honda) that or straight pipe rotaries...ugh...but when you have a symphony of V-8's blasting at you all day on old buiks and fords and crap...you want to shoot the next redneck you see.....and i definatly did not think of sleeving the aluminum....so you win this time....
Old 09-23-2006, 07:51 PM

woops..on the RB...4 cyl are anoying when all motor open headers (aka honda) that or straight pipe rotaries...ugh...but when you have a symphony of V-8's blasting at you all day on old buiks and fords and crap...you want to shoot the next redneck you see.....and i definatly did not think of sleeving the aluminum....so you win this time....
I agree. Even V8's are nerve racking when not properly corked. I'm not really a fan of loud cars to begin with though (really more of an issue of exhaust tone, then actual decible level). Understandable on a race/track car. But when you've got daily drivers cruising around with straight pipes it can get annoying, no matter what the cylinder count is.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:53 AM

...but when you have a symphony of V-8's blasting at you all day on old buiks and fords and crap...you want to shoot the next redneck you see.....
LoL...ok here, I hope the sound is audible...this was my buddies 1995 5.0 GT that was estimated at 450+hp to the wheels...this car never won a race in all the time he had the car...no traction, but if you think this ford sounds "redneck"...I don't know what to say to you...no offence.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:37 AM
confuzed member

just to clarify. I've been considering keeping my 240z lately. I really need the money, but it's not often you come across a low mileage matching #'s 240z that's signed by Mr. K! I'm taking offers and if a good enough offer comes along, I'm not stupid...I do need the money! But, for those who PMd me....make an offer. I don't want to make another for sale thread. the pics of the 240z are on my other comp that isn't hooked up and that's a lot of effort. *end public service announcement*
Old 09-24-2006, 02:42 AM
Über User

haha. emo thanks.
and thxone....i never said the car sounds red neck..i know what V8's sound like. especially mustangs.....just that all rednecks own a V8 car......and i take no offense only becuase i meant none to you.... looks like a powerful mustand...now he needs to drop money into new rims tires and suspension instead of the motor.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Big Poppa

haha they wanted to kick me outta auto-x this year cause i ran straight pipe, they kindly asked me to put the muffler back on after 2 funs we caught on VIDEO, only problem is, my computer doesnt have a firewire port. i guess im screwed, it sounds very nice tho
Old 09-24-2006, 10:26 AM

thxone....i never said the car sounds red neck..i know what V8's sound like. especially mustangs.....just that all rednecks own a V8 car......and i take no offense only becuase i meant none to you.... looks like a powerful mustand...now he needs to drop money into new rims tires and suspension instead of the motor.
No problem man, it is pretty hard to offend me, I understand about passion and prefferences. The suspension and rims were the first things he and I brainstormed about on that car...it was a bone stock '95 GT when he got it and we both agreed that Fords makes some very nice rims so we sought out some '99 SVT Cobra rims for it, did the clear markers up front and '98 cobra tail lights. The suspension was lowered with an Eibach Pro Kit with QA1 shocks, huge sway bars and a complete urithane bushing kit for underneath, and a few other things we thought would help it launch and handle some curves. We are both big on keeping cars mostly stock looking and for the most part it did.

He has since sold that car and now we are toying with this:

It is hard to beat the feel of a V8's pull, in a 280zx it would be euphoric and drifting would be effortless with all that tq way down low in the powerband. That's why I threw it out there for veritas. I do agree that SOME V8's sound like vomit, my Mom's F-150 has the 4.6L V8 in it and it sounds nasty what with the popping and all, sounds nothing like the 4.6L in my buddies Cobra.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:21 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by thxone
No problem man, it is pretty hard to offend me, I understand about passion and prefferences. The suspension and rims were the first things he and I brainstormed about on that car...it was a bone stock '95 GT when he got it and we both agreed that Fords makes some very nice rims so we sought out some '99 SVT Cobra rims for it, did the clear markers up front and '98 cobra tail lights. The suspension was lowered with an Eibach Pro Kit with QA1 shocks, huge sway bars and a complete urithane bushing kit for underneath, and a few other things we thought would help it launch and handle some curves. We are both big on keeping cars mostly stock looking and for the most part it did.

He has since sold that car and now we are toying with this:

It is hard to beat the feel of a V8's pull, in a 280zx it would be euphoric and drifting would be effortless with all that tq way down low in the powerband. That's why I threw it out there for veritas. I do agree that SOME V8's sound like vomit, my Mom's F-150 has the 4.6L V8 in it and it sounds nasty what with the popping and all, sounds nothing like the 4.6L in my buddies Cobra.
Aren't they the same 4.6 liter?
Old 09-24-2006, 01:34 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Yes, they have the same block and displacement, but they are radically different engines in their final form.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:02 PM

Yes that is very true. The 2001 4.6 in the F-150 has one cam in each head 2V and is somewhere around 230hp where as the 1996 SVT Cobra 4.6L is assembled by hand and comes with 2 cams 4V per visually larger heads than the 2V 4.6L and horsepower is 305 and 300 on the Tq. with a redline near 7,000rpm. For a stock pony car it's got some pull above 4,000rpm. It is getting ready to recive a new lower, stiffer stance then he is moving to the engine bay and the ecu for some minor mods. BBK cold air intake, H-Pipe, ECU tweak, K&N filter, and new rear O2's are the begining. I told him to just save up and get a Kenne Bell for it and learn to drive so he will stop smokin the tires and missing 3rd everytime he races some young punks who need a lesson in propper street racing.