280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Blue 280ZX

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 08:42 PM

Blue 280ZX

Hey everyone I was out in Cal City For New Years and I was out riding with some of the guys i work with and off to the side of one of the trails was a light blue 280zx looked like an 82 but it awas smashed to hell. Is anyone here missing one? motor was still intact the entire interior was gutted and missing rims bent hood and no windows
Old 01-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Big Poppa

Go Back And Get The Vin (or Get Your Friends To) And Report It To The Police They'll Know Who The Owner Is
Old 01-02-2006, 11:29 AM
The Good Twin

I woulda been pullin parts off it! I saw a 280zx upside down in a field once... Came back the next day & pulled all the parts off it that I could! I'm pretty sure someone dumped it there cuz it hadn't been driven in years.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Doesn't post much...

Didin't DavidJoe have his blue 280ZX stolen about a year ago, never to be found?

Maybe it's his...

Rod.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:13 PM

If it's close by, do the decent thing and report that thing. I would have too. It's the decent thing to do. If it's stolen at least then you would know what happened to your car. Either you or someone please report that thing!!!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Ruff Ryder

there was a 1977 280z dumped down the street from me with rotted panels, went down there with and engine hoist, tools....now half of those parts i converted to another zx, kill one to save another.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:26 PM

this one was all blue and had aftermarket chrome rims well the one that was left the rim looked like 15's not any bigger than stock
Old 01-03-2006, 11:48 PM

KILL ONE SAVE ANOTHER that should be the thing to do when u NEED the parts,,, every body good sie says.. turn it in turn it in , now u done missed your chance for free parts.. etc..do what u must but dont get caught.. thats all i have to say,,, im not a BI*CH i wouldnt turn any body in as long as the car is really abanded...
Old 01-04-2006, 08:16 AM
The Evil Twin

abandoned is different than stolen and ditched. If its not in poor condition, I'd say it was stolen...

That would suck if theives stole a Z just for a quick joyride, then left it. Then comes along some Z-car nut from Zdriver.com and rips off some good parts... then the guy comes onto this website looking to buy the parts that were stolen from his car.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by nismo619
KILL ONE SAVE ANOTHER that should be the thing to do when u NEED the parts,,, every body good sie says.. turn it in turn it in , now u done missed your chance for free parts.. etc..do what u must but dont get caught.. thats all i have to say,,, im not a BI*CH i wouldnt turn any body in as long as the car is really abanded...
Ya think so huh? Yeah, well... Just wait, just wait until your car get's jacked out of your driveway one night. Wait a few weeks before they find what's left of it and then call you to come down to the impound lot to claim your car. It's like going to the county morgue to identify and claim a body. Wait til you see your precious Z car all stripped down... having been out in the rain for a few weeks with no t-tops on it, find out they were nice enough NOT to steal your custom made hub adaptors so that after they stole your expensive 17 inch rims, they could bolt 4 stock steel 14 inch god damn honda wheels onto your car and dump it. Wait til that happens and see if it's still cool to start jacking parts from a car you don't know is stolen and dumped VS. just plain abandoned. I wonder how many people like you got to my car after the ORIGINAL thieves bailed and before the cops found it?? By definition, anyone that would do that is a huge Bitch... Have a nice day.

Rod.

Last edited by RodMoyes; 01-04-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Ruff Ryder

it was abandoned, how do i now this? because i know the former owner.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Doesn't post much...

Sorry for the double post, but the more I think about it, the more what you said pisses me off. Wait until it happens to you. After you've spent two years and about TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS OUT OF POCKET restoring a car from near junkyard condition. After having spent countless hours scouring junkyards for little trim pieces, putting together an all black interior piece by piece and painstakingly matching colors just to have some little punk bitch maliciously trash it. Find your right front fender caved in and three huge scratches across the hood after having had the body completely straightend out and painted at great personal expense. Have them empty an ashtray all over the contents of your car and leave it exposed to the rain. Rip your stereo out of the dash hard enough to break the console, steal your amp and speakers too. Steal 200 CD's (Most of which are impossible to replace). Break all the little stuff they can just to be ********. Then have to basically start the whole thing over again. Buy new wheels and tires, redo the interior, replace the stereo and all the little crap that's broken or missing, have the body work re-done... Think about it. How would you like it? It makes me sick to think anybody would be that much of a frickin scumbag. I wouldn't wish that happening on anybody. I'm sure that by the way the thieves left my car, people thought it was just an abondoned POS, I'm sure somebody just like you rifled through it looking for anything they could use. You think reporting the car sitting there makes YOU a bitch? No. Not reporting it makes you a bitch, taking parts from it makes you a punk bitch and a thief.

Rod.

Last edited by RodMoyes; 01-04-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:53 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Wow Rod, I had no idea. Sorry to hear that bro'. And I do understand what you mean, and it isn't right to not report a abandoned car. And definately verry disrepectful, and totally messed up to strip parts off a car. You think is left for dead, and you are right in saying what if it happened to you? Not many people think about it that way, otherwise they would really think twice about doing it.

I know you mentioned before about your Z being stolen before. But I didn't realize it was that bad of condition, after it was finally found. Man I feel for you, and that truly friggin' sucks. Hopefully people will think about it, before they act unlawfully, and disrepectfully. I mean, I don't even take anything from a junkyard, because I feel it is stealing. I pay for everything I grab, and or pick up. Because it is the right thing to do.

Okay nobody be offended, but I had to back up Rod on this one.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Super Siver & Black Stud

id have to agree with Rod on this one... brings me back to when some punk *** bitches took my car for a joy ride and left it on some city street for anybody to come by and take what ever they wanted from it. im glad no one did.. but just htinking about it pisses me off. bad enough someone steals your car. and to make it worse is that a fellow Z owner is snatching parts off it... thats what junk yards are for..
Old 01-04-2006, 01:33 PM

Cost to get into Pic N Pull: $2.00
Most Expensive part in a Pic N Pull: $250 (engine)
Getting caught jacking parts off an abandoned car cause you wouldn't pay the $2 entry fee and the $20 for a wheel barrel full of part: Just Stupid

Come on guys, we need to have a little more dignity then this. I don't think you realize how ghetto ya'll sound talking about picking parts off a car sitting on the side of the road (well hoov's case is different knowing the car was abandoned). If you can't afford to shop at the local junk yard then maybe a restoration project wasn't such a good idea

Last edited by jfairladyz; 01-04-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Big Poppa

I Agree With Rod, That Is A Crime. Thats Why I Have A Club And An Alarm, With Backup Batteries, And A Pager, And A Kill Switch. Plus On The Alarms I Have A 120db Speaker, With Back Up Battery, Hidden On The Inside To Deafen The Idiot Who Tries. I Am A Police Car Mechanic And I Hear About This Crap Everyday From My Cop Buddies. It Bites The Big One.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:10 PM

Thats gotta be the greatest: A police car mechanic. It takes an a-hole of a cop to write a ticket to the guy who's keeping his car on the road
Old 01-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Big Poppa

We Have On Cop Like That, He Would Give His Grandma A Ticket For Going Too Slow. Hes Retiring In 2 Years, We Cant Wait.