280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

1982 280zx N/A to 1981 280zx "Bluestreak" Turbo clone conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Nice man...thanks. I only plan on running 10-15psi tops in the end. Anyway I forgot I could probably use the oil pump too. I don't want you to think I am taking advantage of this offer too far. I do very much appreciate it bro'. Oh...and feel free to take your time. I am in no hurry man. So it's all good there. Besides...why would I be impatient. When you are giving me these parts? lol And all I pay for is shipping? Again...it is way cool man. And I'll have to get you back somehow.

LOL is there any work in Arizona? I`m a certified welder. I just need a good job putting together trailers or something. Also do alot of security work, there is no work here. So, need a roommate?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Über User

whats wrong with Idaho....... potato.....

lol i Idaho how can ANYONE live in that state....
Old 10-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by Mhinrichs
turbo injectors done. I gotta upgrade mine anyways as it leans out at about 16psi boost. So, I`ll give you those that way you know they work. Its gonna take me a few to get everything pulled off the car. I will keep you updated.

well since i sold my z with the stock injectors in it, you get upgrades free of charge. I will even clean em before I send em to you. Ha I rock!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:23 PM
From NY to AZ

Originally Posted by Mhinrichs
LOL is there any work in Arizona? I`m a certified welder. I just need a good job putting together trailers or something. Also do alot of security work, there is no work here. So, need a roommate?
There's work anywhere if you know your ****
Old 10-25-2008, 06:13 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Ok..I have given this some thought. And have decided. I am starting to take my '81 280zx apart. I am taking the doors and hatch off. And put them on my '82 T-top. Because the hatch and doors are screwed up. And also it works. For the fact...that I took my ignition tumbler out of my '81. So if I put the doors and hatch with lock on my '82. I will have one key for everything. I think I will also put the gas cap from my '81. Then I will have one key for everything. So probably next weekend. I will start swapping parts around. I am kind of stoked about it. My Bluestreak..will actually be more straighter. And better looking body wise..
Old 10-31-2008, 02:09 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well my next 2 Saturdays are booked. With a BBQ with my g/f and her family this Saturday. And next Saturday..we are going to a Christian concert in Tuscon. So maybe in 3 weeks or so. I will start the body part swapping..lol Will keep you all updated...as I go. And I will have pics..heh heh Stay tuned...
Old 11-29-2008, 12:54 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay...been doing some changes to the body of my Z. I decided to start stripping parts off of my wrecked '81. I already have one passenger door on. I am going to put the driver's side door..and the rear hatch, probably today. We will see..and I will try to get some pics of my progress. Later for now. I will keep you posted.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:24 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well both doors and the rear hatch are on now. I am happy..I got that much done. Now next week...maybe start reprimering gray. And then respray entire car in Cobalt Metallic Blue. Then reprimer my hood. and hit it with Metallic Silver (both being Rust-Oleum) (rattle can yes lol) But it will look nice...until I get my other Z roadworthy. I'll try to get pics this next coming weekend.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:05 PM

do you have the rear hatch hinges? my one side sticks up more then the other and i think my hinges are bent some
Old 12-05-2008, 09:42 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Allright...here are some recent pics I just took today. Of my Z with the doors and hatch off of my '81. More to come in the near future. I need to get my heater working again. So probably the next Saturday. I will start working on the body and stuff. Anyway enjoy..and feel free to comment.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:36 AM

Getting there wildman, keep it up! Looks like you have some dents to pull and hammer. That 2 tone/primer look is in right now. All the cool kids are doing it!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Über User

is your rear pass quarter panel dent OUTWARD? thats weird how does that happen? lol. fix that and the smaller one on the front fender and then do a good black primer and it will be looking nice! then just save for paint i guess?
Old 12-06-2008, 04:17 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
is your rear pass quarter panel dent OUTWARD? thats weird how does that happen? lol. fix that and the smaller one on the front fender and then do a good black primer and it will be looking nice! then just save for paint i guess?
Yes it is....it has been that way before I got it. The Z got tagged on the right rear. Causing that quarter to buckle. Which also makes it difficult to align the passenger door. And makes it really a pain to shut it. Especially with the window up. I wish I could afford to to have that rear quarter straightened. But alas...I do not. I am planning on just reprimering..and rattle canning the Z in that Metallic blue. And the hood silver again. Because I don't know how long it will take to get my slicktop running. I am tight on funds. And Christmas is going to suck this year.

I just sold my property to my seller. In hopes I can bounce back...and catch up on my mortgage. I have until March 2009 to come up with over 2k and counting.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:23 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by straight hate
Getting there wildman, keep it up! Looks like you have some dents to pull and hammer. That 2 tone/primer look is in right now. All the cool kids are doing it!
Thanks man..yeah I still have quite a bit of work to do. lol Anyway I don't care if the primer thing is in. I am getting sick of driving a car with a crappy body and paintjob. It can get depressing at times. Don't get me wrong. I love driving my Z. I am just tired of trying to keep him together for the almost 70 some miles I drive him everyday. Putting a quart oil in it every 2 or 3 days. And no...I don't want to try and fix the oil leak. It is too much hassle for me. And I don't have the proper tools to get the harmonic balancer and dampener off.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:26 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Sorry straight hate...was just venting some. I wasn't lashing out at you or anything. People on here know...I am usually pretty calm and courteous. Anyway getting ready to take my dash out. So I can get my heater working again. Wish me luck everybody.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:01 PM

you are making it futher then me. hell you probly have floor pans. i need to get those. i need floor pans. and passenger wheel well in front. there's nothin left under battery.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Über User

wildman, that quart of oil is probably what 3 bucks? a socket the right size is probably what? 3 bucks? the seal is like 4 bucks? its about 20 mins worth of work and its to much hassle and not the right tools? but the socket that works and the seal! you woulda saved money from what you've spent so far in just keeping the oil up to level! tough love time buddy.... if you cant change the front timing cover seal, you cant work on a car at all! its removing one bolt, but some muscle into it and get it done. the leak can only get worse and one day you might loose proper pressure and cause permanent damage, just do it. that or have your girlfriend do it because im confident she could with the steps written out its literally that easy. and you dont even need to jack up the car if you can squeeze yourself.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:32 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well....I replaced the relay and the amplifier. And still the blower fan does nothing. I am running out of daylight. So I am going to at least put all the ductwork back in. And put it back together. I am just going to concentrate. Starting next week..on my slicktop. And just keep the T-top alive. Long enough until I get the slicktop on the road.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:36 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
wildman, that quart of oil is probably what 3 bucks? a socket the right size is probably what? 3 bucks? the seal is like 4 bucks? its about 20 mins worth of work and its to much hassle and not the right tools? but the socket that works and the seal! you woulda saved money from what you've spent so far in just keeping the oil up to level! tough love time buddy.... if you cant change the front timing cover seal, you cant work on a car at all! its removing one bolt, but some muscle into it and get it done. the leak can only get worse and one day you might loose proper pressure and cause permanent damage, just do it. that or have your girlfriend do it because im confident she could with the steps written out its literally that easy. and you dont even need to jack up the car if you can squeeze yourself.
Yes I understand..what you are saying. The only thing is...I am not sure if it is the front seal. It is only a guess. It could be numerous things that are causing the leak. I have had this leak since '06. When I got the Z on the road. I am kicking myself..for not going over the engine and stuff more carefully. It wont happen again...I assure you on that one. Anyway I am just going to start working on the slicktop diligently every weekend. Until I get it running good. And get the interior back together. Which when that happens. I will redo it. With my black parts...I have aqquired over the months. And eventually will get the MSA type II body kit mounted. Well going back out to put the dash back together.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Über User

its easy to tell if its from that seal, just start it, let it run a minute shut it off once the drip starts, then get a flash light look from underneath, if its dripping from the pan area see if it traces up to behind the cank, if so then from the top, look down make sure you can only see like splatter and not a trail (cause the crank will toss the oil around) and its probably your problem. my Z did it to i thought it was the oil pan gasket the first time and took a sweet few hours replacing it just to find out it was still leaking then saw where it was really from. plus, its common, mine did it when i switched to synthetic oil, i was bummed haha. and it REALLY REALLY is an easy fix. just dont do what i did and get careless and tap the radiator and puncture it haha. then i made it a project and had to pull that and take it to the radiator shop and get it soldered up.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Obsessive Craigslist Disorder

wildman if its the socket you need ill loan you mine but you might spend more in oil coming over to get it than just buying one.
opps i mean gas lol jk
but seriously you can borrow it just come get it
what size again?
Old 12-06-2008, 09:21 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well...the dash is back in. And still the blower fan doesn't work. So a friend of mine. Is going to come over next Saturday. And help me with it some more. At least I got the ductwork back in. That is all for now...more to come soon.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by rtmorgan
wildman if its the socket you need ill loan you mine but you might spend more in oil coming over to get it than just buying one.
opps i mean gas lol jk
but seriously you can borrow it just come get it
what size again?
Thanks man...I appreciate it. Where are you again? Anyway I really don't know what size it is. Maybe snw knows. What size it is snw? And thanks in advance.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:39 PM
The Good Twin

The crank pulley bolt? Didn't we talk about that already on this thread? I'm pretty sure it's a 27MM. And you can probably get that socket from your local Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, or similar tool store.

Oh wait... that was your "how to change front seal" thread: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/showt...highlight=27mm
Old 12-06-2008, 09:42 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by NismoPick
The crank pulley bolt? Didn't we talk about that already on this thread? I'm pretty sure it's a 27MM. And you can probably get that socket from your local Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, or similar tool store.

Oh wait... that was your "how to change front seal" thread: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/showt...highlight=27mm
Probably did...lol My bad..:P Anyway I'll think about it. But I need to clean all the black from underneath my engine first. Is horribly sludged with oil...underneath my car. Like somebody just sprayed it with oil..lol All said...I'll need to clean it so I can see where it is leaking from.

Quick Reply: 1982 280zx N/A to 1981 280zx "Bluestreak" Turbo clone conversion