280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

1982 280zx N/A to 1981 280zx "Bluestreak" Turbo clone conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 02:59 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by 007max
You don't happen to have an extra under the dash / stereo harness i could buy would you? The PO really hacked mine up and I want to get my stereo working again since the Z is my DD till summer. I'll be out in east mesa on sunday, let me know.
I may have one, I am pretty sure. Where it is, that is the question. lol I will see what I can do. Then maybe we can figure out a price. Do you have my number? Let me know, and we can go from there.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:04 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by Bleach
oh... Wild, I forgot one detail. I just kept the NA gauges. I like the voltmeter. I didn't want an oil temp gauge. I just installed an aftermarket boost gauge. so...

280zx section I have a million page thread on my turbo buildup.
Okay thanks man, cool. I will check out your thread, here sometime. And see what I can find out. I am sure I can hook it up, to how I want it. I do have a knack for electronics and wiring. I pretty much have the main turbo wiring needed. The engine bay, and ECU harness. I was told the N/A, and turbo dash harness, are not much different. Just a few things.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:14 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

A little update for all of you. I got approached last night by a Sheriff. About my side markers, and turn signal lights. I can't run with my blue ones anymore. At least he was cool about it. He even showed me the book on it. That is a rare thing, if you ask me. He also didn't ticket me, or ask me for my license or registration either. It is a rare thing for an officer to be cool. But even more rare for a Sheriff to be like that. Anyway I was having a friendly conversation with him for a bit. Oh yeah, and his name is Jim Carrey. Or however you spell it. lol

I will later on hook up my lights to a switch. So I can flip it just to show people at shows. To retain my blue bulbs and such. Or when I want to show certain people I know. That will happen during my restoration process. There will be a lot of custom changes here and there. And I figured why not? Considering my wiring will be taken out anyway, and redone. (every inch of it) Anyway thought I would share with all of you.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:28 AM
The Good Twin

Yeah, they love to get people for colored lights because "you're imitating an officer." Good times.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:21 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay a little update on my turbo parts. Here are a few things, I recently won on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...028979959&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWN:IT&ih=015
Old 04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well I did something yesterday..That I should have done right the first time..But then you live and learn...Anyway I redid my rear struts, back in the fall of '07. And then noticed my Z would bounce quite a bit..Mainly because..my struts bushings got pushed down..And then I realized I didn't put the bumper covers on..So I was pretty much running the weight of my car..on the springs..doh! Anyway just got done yesterday putting all new bushings and the bumper covers. And man what a difference...It is like night and day..My Z rides much better..And corners like a dream..So I learned a valueable lesson..And yet something else..that I wouldn't repeat the same mistake on..
Old 05-07-2008, 05:14 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Allright...I finally made the time to take some recent pics of my Z. Here he is in flat black. Looks better at night though..lol And yes he was rattlecanned...it is temporary. Enjoy...and feel free to comment..

Old 05-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Über User

not exactly the most even paint job.... lol. but it will still protect the car. got a compressor? if so id say invest in a paint gun and regulator and just do a good primer job in flat black and maybe even paint it yourself.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:43 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

I love any Z car... that runs! Right now, out of all my Z cars, only my LeMons car and my parts car move under their own power and neither one of them is street legal!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Über User

damnit man! you gotta get on that! you have so many sweet projects, which ever one is closest to finished slow the others down and get that one done, then speed up the next and the next and so on.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:06 PM

hey I just bought a dashboard on e-bay for 127.00 + 40.00 shipping I am going to try to install it next week . (110242824070) well here is the dash number on e-bay I was trying to link it to this page but could not. seller send me some pictures and it seems to be in great condition.

Last edited by runningjalapeno; 05-07-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
not exactly the most even paint job.... lol. but it will still protect the car. got a compressor? if so id say invest in a paint gun and regulator and just do a good primer job in flat black and maybe even paint it yourself.
Not supposed to be...lol. I have too much bodywork to do. That you can't see. I would not waste my money on painting my Z. When he is going to be stripped completely apart, and restored to my final stage. The Bluestreak Turbo show car. And he looks way better at night..Real stealthy looking. And I am always driving rolling projects..lol Will be nice to drive something that has a decent body and paintjob...lmao..
Old 05-20-2008, 06:49 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well as it looks right now. I won't be starting my turbo conversion, until this coming fall or winter. At least it will be cooled down. And I can work on it without sweating to death. lol Anyway will keep you all posted on the progress, as it goes along.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:24 PM
The Good Twin

Did you get all the needed parts for the turbo conversion?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Did you get all the needed parts for the turbo conversion?
No not yet...I ran out of money. That is mainly why it is put on hold. Besides the fact...that I still need to get my slicktop on the road. I don't have too much more to get. But still it seems like quite alot. lol I will get there though..slowly but surely. And will keep all of you posted for sure.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Über User

idk its worth a shot but if you know what you need michinris or however you spell matts name on here has the spare turbo motor he sold the head to nismo off of maybe he will advance you the parts or hold them the ones you still need.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:25 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
idk its worth a shot but if you know what you need michinris or however you spell matts name on here has the spare turbo motor he sold the head to nismo off of maybe he will advance you the parts or hold them the ones you still need.
Well if he can do that, that would be cool. But I don't know how long it will be. And I wouldn't want him to miss a sale to somebody. Cash is scarce with me right now. And I am more worried about my place at the moment. I am trying my best to get working here again. If not, I will probably try for unemployment. Although I hate being helped. But I got to what I have to, to survive. Anyway here is a list of parts I think I need.

Oil cooler, and lines
Oil pan
Drop resistors?
Intercooler
300zx maf sensor
Any of the parts, that are on the intake

That is all I can think of, at the moment. But I might shoot him a PM. And go from there. Thanks for the advice man.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Dude, get a job. That is your #1 priority. Everything and everyone else can bugger off until that task is successfully completed.

I'm watching Top Gear so I had to use the english "bugger"!

Seriously, don't spend any more money on ANY of your cars that doesn't help you get to and from interviews.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:21 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by lww
Dude, get a job. That is your #1 priority. Everything and everyone else can bugger off until that task is successfully completed.

I'm watching Top Gear so I had to use the english "bugger"!

Seriously, don't spend any more money on ANY of your cars that doesn't help you get to and from interviews.
Oh absolutely...I am not spending any money on anything right now. Except bills to live and so forth. Don't worry about that man. I am a little smarter than that. I should hopefully get something this week. Pray for me everybody.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:53 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay...well I did a little upgrade to my Z yesterday. Nothing huge...just took out that bulky a$$ speaker box. And put in the 6 x 9 one from MSA in. You know..the one that replaces the speaker panel? All I had to do was remove the taillight panel...and the mounts to it. And after some work and a little help from Carl. I got it to fit like a glove. And I got to admit it sounds nice. Just thought I would share with anybody that cares..lol
Old 09-16-2008, 11:22 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Update...the turbo project is put on hold for longer. Because I am up to my ears in debt. And need to get out. I have decided to hold off..on any other expenses...including car projects. I am going to work on getting my credit cards back on track. And also get my mortgage caught up. So I will just get the slicktop on the road. And I might still start to tear apart my Bluestreak. For kicks. And do things..that won't require little or no money. Anyway that is all I have for all of you right now. I'll keep you updated.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Well if he can do that, that would be cool. But I don't know how long it will be. And I wouldn't want him to miss a sale to somebody. Cash is scarce with me right now. And I am more worried about my place at the moment. I am trying my best to get working here again. If not, I will probably try for unemployment. Although I hate being helped. But I got to what I have to, to survive. Anyway here is a list of parts I think I need.

Oil cooler, and lines
Oil pan
Drop resistors?
Intercooler
300zx maf sensor
Any of the parts, that are on the intake

That is all I can think of, at the moment. But I might shoot him a PM. And go from there. Thanks for the advice man.
Oil pan done. Oil cooler done. Have a spare 83 wire harness, kinda hacked up but will piece together for you. Consider it done. Don`t have an ECU. Looking for 300zx maf and ecu and chopper wheel for myself. And I have a full intake manifold you can have. i will price shipping. They are yours. Don`t worry about paying for anything besides shipping. You need a down pipe also?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:26 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by Mhinrichs
Oil pan done. Oil cooler done. Have a spare 83 wire harness, kinda hacked up but will piece together for you. Consider it done. Don`t have an ECU. Looking for 300zx maf and ecu and chopper wheel for myself. And I have a full intake manifold you can have. i will price shipping. They are yours. Don`t worry about paying for anything besides shipping. You need a down pipe also?
Wow man...that is way friggin' cool. Oh for the harness...I don't need it man. I have a full injection harness..and 2 hacked up ones. lol Anyway I have a '84 300zx ECU...dizzy with chopper wheel. I just need the MAF sensor. And wow a full intake turbo manifold? That's awesome bro'. But yes I do need the oil cooler..the lines and the pan. Right on man...just shipping? You are a cool individual. My zipcode is 85207 in AZ. If that will help...and thanks again. Oh I have the downpipe..and J-pipe already. Thanks anyway man. Oh I could also use the Turbo injectors. Otherwise I will probably buy them new..when the time comes. Thanks again...bro'. You rock!!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Wow man...that is way friggin' cool. Oh for the harness...I don't need it man. I have a full injection harness..and 2 hacked up ones. lol Anyway I have a '84 300zx ECU...dizzy with chopper wheel. I just need the MAF sensor. And wow a full intake turbo manifold? That's awesome bro'. But yes I do need the oil cooler..the lines and the pan. Right on man...just shipping? You are a cool individual. My zipcode is 85207 in AZ. If that will help...and thanks again. Oh I have the downpipe..and J-pipe already. Thanks anyway man. Oh I could also use the Turbo injectors. Otherwise I will probably buy them new..when the time comes. Thanks again...bro'. You rock!!

turbo injectors done. I gotta upgrade mine anyways as it leans out at about 16psi boost. So, I`ll give you those that way you know they work. Its gonna take me a few to get everything pulled off the car. I will keep you updated.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by Mhinrichs
turbo injectors done. I gotta upgrade mine anyways as it leans out at about 16psi boost. So, I`ll give you those that way you know they work. Its gonna take me a few to get everything pulled off the car. I will keep you updated.
Nice man...thanks. I only plan on running 10-15psi tops in the end. Anyway I forgot I could probably use the oil pump too. I don't want you to think I am taking advantage of this offer too far. I do very much appreciate it bro'. Oh...and feel free to take your time. I am in no hurry man. So it's all good there. Besides...why would I be impatient. When you are giving me these parts? lol And all I pay for is shipping? Again...it is way cool man. And I'll have to get you back somehow.

Quick Reply: 1982 280zx N/A to 1981 280zx "Bluestreak" Turbo clone conversion