280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TURBO questions

Old 02-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Über User

TURBO questions

ok.... i thinki may have a surprise in store for all... but i need a few parts FAST! also some info... the parts i need FAST FAST FAST are the T fittinf for the engine that is the branch off from the oil system to feed the turbo oil... also the feed line would be nice but no big. does anyone have a picture and this part/parts for me? cuase right now i finally got EVERYTHING to do a good N/A motor to turbo motor conversion except the T fitting to supply the damn turbo oil... FUDGE. rob (ktm) was helping me out but he cant get to his car, i thought i found someone to sell me this piece on hybridz but after he asked if i want the oil feed line to he hasnt responded back... go figure?

also i picked up the echaust/intake turbo gasket as well as have a head gasket coming gonna go get a new oil pan gasket to. but the place didnt carry the gaskets for the wxhaust mani to turbo and the turbo to down pipe... where would you guys recomend to purchase these?

im in a mad rush for the oil supply fitting so any one shine some light on me. if i can get this piece i may have a lil surprise for ya'll this or next weekend...
thanks ya'll....

ps. go visit the auto show thread lol
Old 02-19-2007, 03:20 PM

Let me guess,

You can go to MSA show and you want to get your car done in time.

Take lots of pics and show us how the conversion turns out.

Edit- you really like the auto show thread.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:25 PM

go to turbo accessories
http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html

they should have them here too
http://www.atpturbo.com/

Last edited by veyenyl; 02-19-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Über User

has nothing to do with MSA... has to do with a magical finish time of 2 weeks or less

cause today i went out got oil pan gasket head gasket valve cover gasket. all mobile one fluids for trans/diff (synthetic) gotta get oil still got mobil 1 oil filter exhaust/intake gasket. new cap rotor taylor hi-pro wires NGK platinum plugs new studs and nuts gonna change em all out today

then for thurs and fri gotta remove intake exhaust oil pan oil pump and then install all gaskets new oil pan old intake new exhaust turbo downpipe turbo oil pump turbo fuel rail with FPR and injectors until i get an safc to use my pallnet fuel rail with DSM injectors turbo afm remove EFI harness from engine harness but in turbo harness put in engine harness ecu turbo plumbing driveshaft and im sure a few other things im missing and im gonna have it wired professionally cause i dont have the time patience or nerve to do wiring my self... plus its threw my best friends GF's dad so im garunteed quality work and price. SCORE!
Old 02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Über User

veynel thanks... but i dont know if your thinkin the same thing im thinkin of... the piece that screws onto the block of the engine i believe where the oil presssure sender unit goes (T fitting) so it taps into the pressurized oil system to feed the turbo oil. i saw T fittings and SS oil lines whihc is helpful but still not my urgent part needed
Old 02-19-2007, 07:54 PM

JGS should be able to give you the correct BSPT to NPT adapter and distribution block for the oil line and sender. The threads on the block is 1/8"-27 BSPT.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Über User

ahh..... k cool... man im no good at thread sizes and pitches... i know i will find a way to screw this up. i think.... i thik i need you to hold my hand on this one veynel. just tell me what i should ask from them lol. so i know im not gonna screw this one up. id much appreciate it.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:15 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
ahh..... k cool... man im no good at thread sizes and pitches... i know i will find a way to screw this up. i think.... i thik i need you to hold my hand on this one veynel. just tell me what i should ask from them lol. so i know im not gonna screw this one up. id much appreciate it.
You have the oil pressure sensor right? Just take that with you & ask them for a T that has all the same threads... male to the block, females on the other 2 parts.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Über User

SHUT UP! lol yeah...

why are things always easier than i think... where would you suggest taking this though out of personall experiences?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:25 PM
The Good Twin

NAPA. or if you don't have any near by, go to a hardware store or go to a hose / hydraulic fittings store. There's a huge warehouse here in SLC called "EVCO House of Hose" ( goin to the ho house ). They have every fitting / hose I could ever think of... and that's here in the West. I'm sure IL has tons of places like that.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Über User

i got napa 5 mins away... 3 turns. 2.5 miles. lol
Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Über User

alright... i guess im taking my oil pressure sender with me to napa and try to find a T fitting.. this is where teh oil supply line runs from right? so whats up with the wierd fitting on teh l28et that the oil filter screw onto? is that jsut for the oil cooler? or what? i should prolly get an oil cooler huh? couldnt i run it in the same system that the turbo is gonna be on? or you guys think that would be to much?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

its gonna blow up snw .
Old 02-19-2007, 11:31 PM
The Evil Twin

I spent a lot of time on Hybridz doing research on that oil feed line. those threads don't all match from what I remember. This is not something to rush.

I got most of what I needed for a brand new stainless oil feed line but ended up going with the stock one because I couldn't get all the parts to match up at the T on the block.

anyway, the local places in Washington are all run by idiots. I can't even get a plug for my intake manifold, much less a British pipe thread T block... even though the plugs I needed were only oil pan drain plugs...

what did you decide on your oil feed line? -3 all the way or -4 with a reducer at the turbo? I did the -4 with the reducer.

and I did get a BSPT plug that fit the block fine but it does not screw into any of the female connections on the T so they are not all the same thread. If they were, my setup would have been done.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Über User

well... i wanted to SS but honestly... it would only be for looks and jsut cause to much headache... so i need to just get the T to fit inbetweent eh sender and its mount and then make shift some way to get a high temp (radiator type) hose on the T and snuggly. no pop offs. and what the hell do you mean reducer? lol -3 -4? que? if theres anything i dont know very well its piping, threading, and electrical.

its gonna blow up e... i plan on it blowing up. i just hope its not catastrophic and just blows the rings out or the pistons fail. im not gonna push it... just 7 psi maybe 10 when intercooled... then doing a rebuild with some new forged turbo pistons and rings maybe rods to. then i can go nuts.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:25 PM

Eric,
Sorry I couldnt help you more, it looks like you've got everything allset though. I know it may not help now but I can get to my car this weekend for sure, so give me some details on any specific pictures you might need.

Good luck
Old 02-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Über User

umm... i got the T made up.... so now worry about that. but now i got a wiring harness problem... i got the ECU and harness turbo ones, but the connector for the TPS is either different or ****in gone... there is a plug by the injectors that is round has 4 prongs dont what that **** is for... and yeah, stuff doenst seem to match up. i mean, besides a knock sensor and boost sensor plug i figured teh harness connectors would be the same. idk im pissed about it and not sure what i want to do now....
Old 02-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Taste My Rainbow

pics!!!! you should know that by now snowy
Old 02-22-2007, 06:09 PM

umm... i got the T made up.... so now worry about that. but now i got a wiring harness problem... i got the ECU and harness turbo ones, but the connector for the TPS is either different or ****in gone... there is a plug by the injectors that is round has 4 prongs dont what that **** is for... and yeah, stuff doenst seem to match up. i mean, besides a knock sensor and boost sensor plug i figured teh harness connectors would be the same. idk im pissed about it and not sure what i want to do now....
So you have a turbo harness and ECU? The tps should be the same either way. Its been a while since I have messed with my stock harness so late me think about this. I think the round one is for the distibutor?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:10 PM

Ohh ya like Skittle said......
Old 02-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Über User

haha... you like that guy... well i have been talking to nismopick... and assuming the turbo and NA ignitor's are the same just in a different location i do need a turbo distributor and a turbo TPS... so can any one help a bro out? and i need the whole distributor (82 or 83) with shaft and the internal cas all that jaz.

so seriously.. if any one i mean ANY ONE! ( i know bleach has an extra motor sittin aroun ) but really... i thought all my part scavaging was done... and i was wrong i need those 2 things... that should be it all stuff will be said and done... so i need help UBER fast. thanks for anyone with some answers.

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 02-22-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:42 PM

You wanna send me shipping $$$ and I will have it out tomorow or saturday. Its from an 83' turbo, exactly what you need.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Über User

TPS and distributor???? no **** ???? i can send out shipping money as soon as i get my money from teh ECU im selling should have it tommorow? dude youll be a life saver
Old 02-23-2007, 12:41 AM

you'll have more money from the trim too hahahahah
Old 02-23-2007, 05:54 AM

TPS and distributor???? no **** ???? i can send out shipping money as soon as i get my money from teh ECU im selling should have it tommorow? dude youll be a life saver
So you need a tps also? Do you want me to just send an entire throttle body or do you need the plug? I may not have the plug. For the distributor its in super nice shape, just throw a new cap/rotor on it to be safe. Just let me know exactly what you need and I will throw em in a box and get the shipping wheight.

Rob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TURBO questions