280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOV recirculation question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 12:31 PM

BOV recirculation question

I know that when installing a BOV, I should recirculate the release back into the intake, before the turbo, due to a metering issue. My question is, does it matter if I recirculate *before* the AFM (ie near the filter box), or *after* the ARM (ie the plastic tubing between the AFM and turbo? If it has to go after the AFM, does anybody have any ideas how to connect the 1" hosing to that plastic tubing?
Old 04-24-2006, 12:58 PM
The Good Twin

You don't absolutely NEED to recirc it. It creates a slight rich condition when opening as the ecu has already calculated that air... but I run mine open to atmosphere & it still runs great.

If you are going to recirc it, you must connect it back in AFTER the AFM, but BEFORE the turbo. So you will need to connect it back into that rubber boot connecting the AFM to turbo. I did that the first time & I used a copper fitting & cut a hole in that boot to feed it back in. Use some of ya engineering skillz!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:32 PM

nismo pick do u have any used BOV ? just wondering if u would sell a used one if u had one...
Old 04-24-2006, 02:22 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by nismo619
nismo pick do u have any used BOV ? just wondering if u would sell a used one if u had one...
I have a spare DSM BOV, but I'm keepin it for another turbo project. You can buy BOV's for cheap on ebay now a days. Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...58353019QQrdZ1
Old 04-24-2006, 07:33 PM

Nismo pick u know me i cant use one like that.. how about this one ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1
u know.. i can wear payless shoes but i cant use nothing else on my car but brand name.. but honestly what do u think about this one ?
Old 04-24-2006, 07:40 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by nismo619
i can wear payless shoes but i cant use nothing else on my car but brand name.. but honestly what do u think about this one ?
uh... TurboXS is becoming quite popular these days:

http://www.turboxs.com/

If you really gotta have the BLITZ BOV, go for it! They are sweet BOV's!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
You don't absolutely NEED to recirc it. It creates a slight rich condition when opening as the ecu has already calculated that air... but I run mine open to atmosphere & it still runs great.

If you are going to recirc it, you must connect it back in AFTER the AFM, but BEFORE the turbo. So you will need to connect it back into that rubber boot connecting the AFM to turbo. I did that the first time & I used a copper fitting & cut a hole in that boot to feed it back in. Use some of ya engineering skillz!
I thought of installing a fitting in the plastic/rubber tubing, but I was concerned the material wasn't thick/solid enough to securely screw in anything without eventually tearing loose. Heh, with gas prices so expensive, I don't want to waste all my gas everytime I blow-off!
Old 04-25-2006, 08:18 AM

Nismo619, that Blitz BOV isnt going to have any benefit over the Turbo XS one. Like Nismopick said, they're not a generic brand. And with the TurboXS BOV atleast you'd be getting something new. A new Blitz BOV is going to be rediculously priced compared to the TurboXS.

HeatRave, when you screw the tubing into the intake hose use an expoxy or some sort of sealer/adhesive to secure the pipe.