280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Complete Fiberglass/Rhino-Liner Interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 03:55 PM

Custom Complete Fiberglass/Rhino-Liner Interior

I just recently jumped back into the overhaul project for my 81', and have finished building the 12" sub enclosures to fit in the spare tire well and the useless tiny storage bin area of the rear.

On top of that, I stripped all the useless, rotting and bulky interior pieces for a good weight reduction and complete fiberglassing. All of the plastic panels were removed, head liner, carpeting, foam mat, cargo bins and the metal housing for them behind the seats. I will be making custom panels for everything with speaker & amp housings. Full fiberglass door panels, one-piece dash & center console, and new carpet for only the front. I'll also be upgrading the vent system with the dash for more airflow in more useful areas than stock.

My wife has been and will continue to do a great deal of that, she's awesome at fiberglass!! at the same time, I am rebuilding the engine with some performance parts (another thread).

Pics to follow!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:40 PM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

Originally Posted by V-Z Wrencher
finished building the 12" sub enclosures

I stripped all the useless, rotting and bulky interior pieces for a good weight reduction and complete fiberglassing

I will be making custom panels for everything with speaker & amp housings. Full fiberglass door panels, one-piece dash & center console, and new carpet for only the front.
Originally Posted by V-Z Wrencher
for a good weight reduction
12" subwoofer(s), replacing all panels with fiberglass, and rhino-lining the interior will ADD a lot of weight, not help with weight reduction.

Can't wait to see the project!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Welcome to ZDriver!

12" subwoofer(s), replacing all panels with fiberglass, and rhino-lining the interior will ADD a lot of weight, not help with weight reduction.

Can't wait to see the project!
This is true, but you should have seen what I had before.... All wood box, 4' by 3' by 1 1/2' with three 12's. It was one heavy SOB.

I need subs in my life, so fiberglass was a good option. I'm only going halfway up with the panels, so I don't see it being too much of an add in weight from the stock plastic.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Where are these pictures you've been teasing us about