240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

trusted and fair jdm engine sellers/importer websites

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 11:10 PM

trusted and fair jdm engine sellers/importer websites

Hey guys, was looking around and couldn't find a list of trusted jdm engine importers/sellers that sell at a fair price. I'm looking for a stock rb26 and rb25 trans. I really dont trust the sites that come up when i google "rb26 for sale" or something like that. So if anyone on here has had any good experiences with a site for buying an engine, please let me know. Thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 07:23 AM
The Good Twin

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Complete...=p4506.c0.m282

http://www.google.com/search?q=best+...=0&aqi=g1&aql=

Old 04-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Ruff Ryder

There is a Guy that goes by racer98 who is one of the few legitimate clean importers, but he's expensi. TBH you are probably looking to spend about $6-7k for a used motor ready to drop in. Also way better motors available in the US for ALOT less money.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by hoov100
There is a Guy that goes by racer98 who is one of the few legitimate clean importers, but he's expensi. TBH you are probably looking to spend about $6-7k for a used motor ready to drop in. Also way better motors available in the US for ALOT less money.
DO you mean KA's SR's and V8's?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:10 AM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by DeathByNissan55
DO you mean KA's SR's and V8's?

I mean VG30's, VH45's, ls1's, 2jz's...etc..etc

I would personally take a VH45 over an RB any day of the week. They are cheap, abundant and possibly one of the strongest motors ever put into a major production car.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by hoov100
I mean VG30's, VH45's, ls1's, 2jz's...etc..etc

I would personally take a VH45 over an RB any day of the week. They are cheap, abundant and possibly one of the strongest motors ever put into a major production car.
the VH has higher torque but less power than rb, but how much gas does VH use in comparison to rb (yes i realize its a V8 = more cylinders = more gas). Since its NA compared to twin turbo, is it any better on gas? Also, if I'm going to get a V8, why wouldnt I just get a similar displacement american one that will probably be cheaper, have more parts available, and put out more power/torque? Btw, for that last statement, I'm not going off of some published stats. I'm making an assumption based on my knowledge of SC400 V8 from toyota compared to american V8's of similar displacement.

I've seen you preach a lot about the V style engines, so I hope you can convince me (once again, not trying to sound like a jerk, just best way to describe what I'm thinking)
Old 04-21-2012, 03:43 AM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by DeathByNissan55
the VH has higher torque but less power than rb, but how much gas does VH use in comparison to rb (yes i realize its a V8 = more cylinders = more gas). Since its NA compared to twin turbo, is it any better on gas? Also, if I'm going to get a V8, why wouldnt I just get a similar displacement american one that will probably be cheaper, have more parts available, and put out more power/torque? Btw, for that last statement, I'm not going off of some published stats. I'm making an assumption based on my knowledge of SC400 V8 from toyota compared to american V8's of similar displacement.

I've seen you preach a lot about the V style engines, so I hope you can convince me (once again, not trying to sound like a jerk, just best way to describe what I'm thinking)
The vh puts out about the same amount of power as the RB and costs a HELLUVA lot less, not to mention when converted to forced induction seriously bumps the power at even small boost levels.

The reason I wouldn't bother with an american v8 of the same displacement is that with how cheap and light the lsx series is, there really is no point if your goal is power and weight alone.

Gas mileage has to do with engine efficiency and drivers habits. I can pull about 32mpg out of my z31t auto doing 70, but my 1.8L corolla at work only brings in about 29. At the same time my mothers GTO with the ls1 pulls in about 24mpg while most q45 owners bring in about 26mpg.

I don't like V style engines actually, but for what we are comparing they are usually stronger, lighter, more efficient and usually way over looked. There is ALOT of fanboyism in z cars and people will never really shop around, they will hear tails with "overbuilt from factory!" "sounds cool" "came in the car" "less complicated" ..etc..etc and while an RB or built l30et is cool, you are still going to be running a motor designed in the 50's that is known to be inefficient and pretty heavy.

I like the VG30et for simple reasons, it's cheap, they literally built them in the hundreds of thousands, they are very easy to make power from, very efficient heads and stock junkyard longblocks have been proven to make about 500WHP reliably.

I like the VH because it is probably one of the most overbuilt motors ever put into a major production car, has been proven to take upwards of 600WHP on a stock long block with a couple turbo's, doesn't weigh much and is very cheap.

I like the LS1 because it can be had cheap, makes plenty of power, very common and doesn't weigh ****.

I used to love the L-series until I realized how much money people where putting into the motors and how much extra work was involved to work out the common problems. All for really not much power at all, they say they doubled the stock power and that was great, but you have to realize that now days you average sports car is making about 400WHP.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:11 AM

Alright sounds interesting. I read too that McLaren based their first engine off the Nissan V8 design and yea that everything was aluminum and forged basically. But you definitely got me interested in them though so I'll see if I can find any in the wisco area. Thanks