240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

260turbo UPDATE & VIDEOS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Über User

260turbo UPDATE & VIDEOS!!!

well, i touched up the interior a little since i supposedly had some one interested, and he neve came by to see it. so fawk em'. it also is running GREAT now. so here is some pics of the interior and engine bay as it stands now!

and here are the vids! you'll ned DECENT speakers that can go kinda loud to hear the car in these. my buddy musta been covering the mic. and i couldnt hear much on my laptop speakers but plugged in my 120W logitec 5.1 surround and DAMN! lol. also my friend thinks he is a comedian and talks and acts a bit stupid. other than that when he screams in vid 3, thats for real, he drives the silver honduh you saw earlier in my picture shoot last summer, so he wasnt used to the rear end breaking loose and getting squirly hitting 2nd gear at 40mph lol. NOW TURN UP THEM SPEAKERS!!!!

VID 1: the start up:

VID 2 the rev/sound clip, this and then next are where you need the speakers:

VID 3 the in car 1-3 pull, second breaks loose:

this car is 4 sale btw. and there was an out of car drive by that was really nice, but i accidentally deleted it, but its alright i picked up some wicked wind noise.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Ibtl!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by entropy31
Ibtl!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Paul... Ron Paul...
Old 02-06-2008, 07:30 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Ron Paul... Ron Paul...
yeah!!! Ron Paul is IBTL!!! (idiot, but totally losing). GO MCCAIN!!!!!

Last edited by entropy31; 02-06-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Pr0n Addict

haha was that me that you were talking about in the first paragraph? i like it much
Old 02-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Über User

haha no no, not you, some one was actually supposed to come from the city to look at it in person, they bitched out. then some arab dude called asking about the price i told him 3k, he was like not 2.5? (guess thats what my dad said) i was like no, 3k, ive had interest at that price but no one buying it right away so thats where the price stands, he blew me off, then called again teh next day and asked the same damn thing. tard, and he was talking for a friend that doesnt speak english, i couldnt sell this car to those bastards anyways cause i garuntee they wouldnt know the first damn thing about it, and just expect it to be a cheap turbo go fast nice car they can drive around beatin the **** out of and looking like tough ****. no way!
Old 02-07-2008, 12:59 PM
West Coast!

damn i miss the sound of my 240z!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:27 PM
The Evil Twin

dude, shut up. You're not supposed to be talking.

Nice vids snwy. Its Snwy outside where you live!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Über User

it is! but that was the only day the streets were dry in a WHILE now. we got yet another snow comming tommore (this is the most snow we've ahd in a while almost 100 inches recorded to fall this year!!!!) but it keeps melting before the next comes around so it doesnt even add up to much. after this snow, i think it will finally enter the warm up cycle.

and yeah, i was making the vid for people that were interested in seeing the car that couldnt actually come see it, and he just kept talking like a moron! so unprofessional. and then i couldnt even edit it, because when i imported them from the camera stupid *** quik time took over the format as a MOV file and my adobe premiere isnt registered, so windows movie maker is all i had left and it doesnt recognize that format. so they were all raw footage.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:02 AM
Pr0n Addict

so how fast did you get it up to in that video?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Über User

wasnt lookin. lol. hitting third though and still having a short pull time (low RPMS in third) prolly about 70-80 range. its nice today, maybe ill go out and do it again. roads might be wet actually, i cant really tell, im in my room.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Sweet car man, if you were closer I'd buy it. I almost bought a 240z the other day, and actually found someone with an L28et. My friend and me were planning on doing the swap but the deal with the 240z fell through. If you were closer I'd definitely buy this, s30 prices are insane down here. 3k here buys you a rusty s30 with a supposedly rebuilt engine that's had it's carbs taken off so you can't even test it with a stripped interior.

Good luck with your sale man.

Seriously though, 3k is a steal. Wished you lived closer, it'd save me a lot of time and trouble.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Über User

could always ship for a few extra hundred, or fly up here and drive it back. i just went out today for a nice hour long non stop drive. i thought i was about to loose my license, i was on my back road near my house, and opened it up from first all the way through the top of third i dont remember if i hit 4th or not, took aboot 10 seconds to get there but when i hit 100 for the first time ever in that car (which btw in these cars is a rush cause they are so positivly fed with no power nothing low and narrow no sound deadaning, engine mixed with turbo sounds sweet up there) and i was like, woooo this is nuts, and then drove right past a cop car laying on the breaks, a cop type car now that im free. it was siiting running with 2 occupents on this little side road facing the street. i got FREEKED! i just kept going and noticed he changed driections from what his turn signal said and was commin my way. but he never sped fast to catch up, so either i just out ran a cop that was stupid, or just got really lucky, basically though, i re-assured myself the car is running perfect again, reliable, and i ruined speeding for myself. lol.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

You think it'd make it to FL?

I just paid for school ($1500 yikes!) I still have about $1200 left in my savings, if you still have it by next month I'll give you a call. I'd rather have it shipped just incase though. If you get a buyer by all means sell it, but I'm saving for this car now. I was saving up for a 73 Fairlady Z in the Keys, RHD, L20 and everything. It was up on Hybridz, its worth about $2500 because of rust but the guy wants $3500. I was going to try to talk to him next month and get it down to about $2800 and swap my 280zx stuff over but I'd rather get this since it's basically what I plan on doing for a great price.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Über User

no prob. hit me up w/e. i think i am goin to throw up an ad though now that hybridz just re-formated their classifieds so its all clear.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Political n00b crusher

Cool vids...car sounds great. I'm still considering it.....I mean don't hold it for me if you find any offers from Ray or whoever (don't sell to the Arab!!)...but I haven't ruled it out. Sounds like a great deal.....shoot, I paid $2,300 for mine and its not turbo and I don't think the body is as clean as yours either. Have you considered ebay?...I know you're not a fan, but I bet you could get more than 3K....theres definitely less desirable Zs on there for more money.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Über User

i have considered ebay, its that % on the final sale price that scares me, especially if the buyer flakes out. say i get 4k ebay is gonna **** my butt and steal a couple hundred from me. i am considering it though.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
i have considered ebay, its that % on the final sale price that scares me, especially if the buyer flakes out. say i get 4k ebay is gonna **** my butt and steal a couple hundred from me. i am considering it though.
Just wait a little bit for me then, more people started walking into the restaurant so this is going to be a good month for me.

If I need to put down a deposit for you to hold it for me I can send you cash over paypal.

I really don't mind.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Über User

haha, i dont want that liability on my hands of holding a deposit. lol. id feel terrible if i spent it then you couldnt continue. ill keep from ebay-ing it. i will post it up on hybridz soon enough for 4 or 4.5k and see if i get offers i cant refuse. but if you think your this serious about it, i can definatly help you out.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Dude, did you not see what I posted on the other thread?

2400 over here gets me a rusty, stripped s30 SHELL. 3k on an already turbo s30 is a steal, I'm super cereal.

I know I could do it, lulz. I have money to spend right now since I already paid off my school. If you're worried about it just leave the money in the paypal account without touching it.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Über User

thats it, that was the line that did it, price now 3500. lol.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Quit being a raythenegr0.

You're not a coke dealer, ya know?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Über User

haha, well honestly, im talking to a few people, one guy that was going to make an offer (he even had shipping lined up until he found a builder that had a motor for him already and now just needs a chassis) and a few guys in the area i know that build these cars, and see what they think i should sell it for. if they start saying high numbers like 6k 5k 10k even, for you ill settle for 4k. lol. if they say anything in the 4k range (from 4.5-4.999k) ill do it for 3500. if they say anything under 4.5k ill do it for the 3k. i want to help you out since your a really good guy and would like to see the car in hands that ill still see around on this place, but at the same time, i dont wanna **** myself. i promise not to hurt you though, also, anything i have around here (i have lots of parts) and i think could or will help you out with this car, ill send with it. aka, a new hatch glass piece (doent need the glass but the trim and seal are like new on the glass and on the car the seal is starting to get stiff and brittle) and ill send everything with it to do a R200 rear diff swap. any other seals i can find and exterior trim pieces.... man idk even know what else. i got alot of stuff i can part with and just send with the car instead of selling it like i planned on doing.

and if your super cereal ill hold the car and not even post it. i have no problem enjoying it for another month. you say the word, it stays un advertised.

oh and fyi, i originally listed this car at 8.5k and got interest but no one serious, then to 6.5k and started getting alot of response but the add ran out lol. then i just stopped caring. so basically, for saving me the trouble of reposting and because i want a Z32TT faster than originally intended, i discount deeply. so no matter what i decide on the final price, ill make sure you get a bitchin deal that i can live with and not kill myself over. promise!!!! also, i live right near a shipping depo that deals with cars so im sure dropping it off there instead of having them pick it up can save you alot of $$$ and ill ask my dad what he used cause i know back a couple years ago he did it for only 300 dollars!!!! im hoping i can help you find a deal that good.

did a few searches, seem like we could ship it for around 400 dollars. and if i do feel the need to raise the price abouve that 3.5k tell me a color, i might pick up a quart of urethane paint and spray it for you a week prior to shipping. free of charge.

yeah on second thought, i dont feel like painting **** anymore. 3500. deal final price. no changes from here on. promise!!!! lol

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 02-09-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Poor kid, no ruler

*calls Fairlady Z dude and preps his own L28e for swap*
Old 02-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Über User

what, you backin out over a couple hundo? you said it was a steal, should still be a steal.

finiland dude just told me he woulda offered 5200. sooooo.... ray, 3500 not good enough for you still? if not ****, ill re-list and wait for another 5k offer. lol. your call.

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 02-10-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Quick Reply: 260turbo UPDATE & VIDEOS!!!