Z Events Forums for all upcoming Z events and signup lists!

ZATTACK! April 13 & 14, 2007 - NASHVILLE, TN

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:52 PM

Exclamation ZATTACK! April 13 & 14, 2007 - NASHVILLE, TN

Middle Tennessee Z Club Presents

April 13 & 14, 2007
Nashville, TN

Sponsored by:

Fellow Zdrivers,

After a one year hiatus and many requests, the Middle Tennessee Z Club has resurrected the ZATTACK weekend event and car show for 2007. This year’s ZATTACK features our traditional schedule and offers some very exciting new functions. As always, we will start things off on Friday, April 13 with a tour of Nissan’s Smyrna Factory, most productive assembly plant in North America and the home of the Altima, Maxima, Frontier, Pathfinder and Xterra. We will end the afternoon at Crawford Z Car in downtown Nashville for the infamous pre show and welcome party. Saturday, April 14 will start with our People’s Choice Car Show being held at the Lane Motor Museum (www.lanemotormuseum.org). Following the show there is a free period to rest, see local sites, or enjoy a Z Car cruise on the scenic Natchez Trace Parkway as we make our way to the post show gathering at Rolling River Estates pavilion.

If any of this were not enough reason to attend, this year we have a few special offerings. With the recent move of Nissan North America Headquarters from California to Nashville, we have been able build a relationship within the Nissan family through various club members employed by Nissan. Upon moving to Nashville, Nissan brought their personal 35 car Heritage collection. This unbelievable car collection is on loan and is being housed in the Lane Motor Museum here in Nashville. It is by special request to the Lane and to Nissan that we are able to get a closer look at the collection. Your registration for ZATTACK will not only grant you access to the museum, but a private tour of the complete collection including cars not on display. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for any auto enthusiast.

We have reserved a limited amount of covered indoor space for the car show which will be given out to early registrants. There will be outdoor spots also, but since the indoor space will be limited depending on the number of entries, register early to secure your covered spot. Trophies will be awarded to first and second place for each the stock and modified class of each generation.

In addition to these exciting activities we are continuing to work with Nissan and other sponsors for other possible surprises, activities, and giveaways. Here is a rundown and important information about each event. The club web site (www.middletennesseezclub.com) will be updated as more information becomes available on these extras. Event T-Shirt designs coming shortly! Middle Tennessee Z club looks forward to seeing you there!

Download the 2007 ZATTACK Registration form:

ZATTACK Registration, 71kb PDF ZATTACK Registration, 133kb DOC

Mail Registration forms and checks made payable to:
Middle Tennessee Z Club
1622 State Street
Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 327-4159

If you prefer to pay online, you may email your Registration
and click HERE to make an instant secure payment

IMPORTANT: Registration must be received by March 20 to reserve your shirt.

2007 ZATTACK EVENT SCHEDULE
Nashville, TN

FRIDAY, APRIL 13
Nissan Smyrna Plant Tour (2PM)
Crawford Z Car Welcome Reception (5 PM)

SATURDAY, APRIL 15

Peoples Choice Car Show (9AM – 2PM)
Lane Museum Tours (9AM – 2PM)
Post Show Gathering (4 PM)

Driving Directions

Crawford Z Car / NISSAN PLANT TOUR

DEPARTURE TIME 1:00 PM FRIDAY APRIL 13 FROM CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE. CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE IS LOCATED AT 1622 STATE STREET NEAR DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE. YOU CAN DRIVE DIRECTLY TO THE NISSAN PLANT YOURSELF, OR MEET US AT CRAWFORD Z FOR THE GROUP CARAVAN. TO GET TO CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE, TAKE I-40 THROUGH DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE (NOT I-440). AS YOU PASS THROUGH THE DOWNTOWN AREA, TAKE THE CHURCH STREET EXIT. AT THE END OF THE RAMP, TURN AWAY FROM DOWNTOWN ONTO CHURCH STREET. STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE AND PROCEED TO 17TH AVE (APPROX. 2 BLOCKS). TURN RIGHT ON 17TH AVE. GO ONE BLOCK AND TURN RIGHT ONTO STATE ST. YOU WILL SEE A WHOLE BUNCH OF Z CARS AND CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE ON THE LEFT.

DIRECTIONS TO THE NISSAN PLANT:

1. Start at 1622 STATE ST, NASHVILLE going towards 17th AVE N

2. Turn left on 17th AVE - go 0.1 mi

3. Turn left on CHURCH ST - go 0.2 mi

4. Turn right to take I-40 EAST/I-65 SOUTH - go 4.0 mi

5. I-40 EAST becomes I-24 EAST - go 18.3 mi

6. Take exit #70 towards SMYRNA. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp onto Nissan Drive - go 3.5 mi

7. Arrive at 983 NISSAN DR, SMYRNA, on the right hand side. Proceed to the security gate for entry onto plant grounds.

The tour is scheduled to begin at 2:00 PM. Please schedule your arrival at the plant to be between 1:45 and 2:00. We will leave Crawford Z Car Service at 1:10 PM SHARP! Head back to Crawford Z Car Service afterward for the Informal Reception, to be held 5:00 PM – Until.

Lane Motor Museum

If you are traveling:

I-24 East
Exit 212 Fessler's Lane Turn right on Fessler's Lane, travel .3 mile, crossing Elm Hill Pike.
Turn left on Murfreesboro Pike and travel .4 mile, we are on the left just after the Railroad Overpass.

I-24 West
Exit 52, turn left onto Murfreesboro Pike at bottom of off-ramp.
Travel .6 mile, we are on the right after passing traffic light at Arlington Avenue.

I-40 East
Exit 212 Fessler's Lane
Turn right on Fessler's Lane, travel .3 mile, crossing Elm Hill Pike.
Turn left on Murfreesboro Pike and travel .4 mile, we are on the left just after the Railroad Overpass.

I-40 West
Exit 213 Spence Lance / US-41 / Murfreesboro Pike.
Turn left on Spence Lane and travel .4 miles.
Turn right on Murfreesboro Pike and travel .6 miles.
We are on the right after crossing Arlington Avenue.

I-65 (either direction)
Take I-440 toward Knoxville.
Merge left toward I-24 West to Nashville/I-40 East to Knoxville.
Merge right onto Murfreesboro Pike exit.
Turn left at bottom of exit ramp onto Murfreesboro Pike, travel .6 miles.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:00 PM

Arrow

ZATTACK06 Sponsor Nissan North America announced today that it would be displaying a Red 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe at the Car Show on April 14th. This is a rare opportunity to catch a sneak peak of Nissan's newest arrival.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 PM

March 1st Update

We would like to welcome our newest sponsors! Thanks to the Tire Rack and Z1 Motorsports, who have graciously donated gift certificates and performance parts to be given away to lucky registrants at Z-Attack! Spots are filling up as we approach April. Don't miss out!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:07 PM

If you've never seen the Nissan Assembly Plant in Smyrna it is incredible.

Here is a short video of our club's spring cruise which included a tour of the Nissan Decherd plant which is about 70 miles from the Smyrna plant. Decherd is a smaller plant, but you can tell from the video that the Nissan plants in Tennessee are quite a sight to behold! Smyrna is MUCH larger! The Smyrna plant has about 6,700 employees and 5.4 million square feet of floor space.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...54970899347557
tour footage begins at 2:50

The tour is about 1 hour long, and will by given via a moving Tram. Walking will be very minimal. The tour can accommodate handicapped visitors and is wheelchair-friendly. All registrants will be able to park their Z in a high security lot, and best of all: The lines will be running during the tour, so you will be able to watch vehicles being assembled live!

Reminder: All tour participants MUST be pre-registered (Nissan requires this). You cannot just "show-up", so if you think this might be something you would like to do, make sure to register soon before all the slots are full!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 AM

Well - just an update. The Nissan Plant Tour on Friday is Sold Out - but there is still plenty of availability for the other events! Hope to see you all there!