WTB: 84-85 z31 Turbo Manual Federal ECU - ZDriver.com

Wanted (WTB / WTT) Need a part? Looking for a new car? Ask here! Please report all unsolicited e-mail as a result of posting here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2018, 10:03 AM   #1  

WTB: 84-85 z31 Turbo Manual Federal ECU

Hey everybody!

I completed my auto to manual swap on my 84 turbo a while back and have been running on the auto ECU since. I am a bit tired of idling at 1,300 so I am ready to buy the correct manual ECU. If anyone has one for sale, please PM me. Thanks!

Last edited by Csh12d; 10-09-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Csh12d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:03 AM   #2  
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

Did you read this? https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx...version-18209/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLanceBum
First of all, what you NEED:
Transmission.
Shifter + metal and rubber surrounds.
Shifter boot.
Transmission mount.
Driveshaft. (needs to find one from the proper trans. and length.)
Clutch and brake pedals.
Clutch master cylinder.
Clutch slave cylinder.
Clutch lines.
Clutch assembly.
Flywheel.
Vacuum hose grommet (located on the top of the intake plenum, next to the firewall. One of these lines used to go to the Auto Trans and is not needed anymore.)
Throttle position sensor. (I've read there is a way of adjusting the autos so it works, but I don't know how.)

You do NOT need to swap computers.

You will have to do a little re-wiring. The wire cluster that connected to the automatic, find the wires for the neutral sefety switch and reverse light.
There are two easy ways fo doing the neutral safety switch. One, take the Overdrive switch off the autos shifter, put that in a blank spot on the center console. And Two, Get yourself an actual neutral safety switch from a manual (the one at the clutch pedal) and wire it up to that. The switch on the center console is also a nifty anti-theft device. The reverse light is really easy, just hook up the 2 wires from the cluster to the two wires on the switch.
If you find you can't adjust down your idle, I'll buy your auto ecu when you find a manual one.
NismoPick is offline   Reply With Quote