Site Brainstorming Forum for brainstorming ideas on the site and products related to zdriver.com.

suggestion to up Zdriver traffic

Old 04-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Über User

only you cause i like it when you cry like a bitch!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

i never really have felt violated until just now...
Old 04-04-2009, 05:46 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2
i think that the general tech sections should not be locked, there are a lot of threads there that i would just like to ask questions about
It was open to everyone at first, then people started posting random things in there... so I locked it. It was created to be a general resource, and the main forums are for asking questions. If you have info to add to a thread, or want to add a new "How To" topic, post it w/ a request to have it added into the General section.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:18 PM

Then there are guys like me who have been around Z's since they came out,
but never touched a computer till last Aug. Hence I wouldn't have any idea
how to navigate into an answer and would have to ask anyway.

FWIW,..................All Z Best,................Kathy & Rick
Old 12-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Banned

Wow very nice one...........!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:08 PM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by michal
Wow very nice one...........!
Goodbye Spam Troll
Old 01-13-2012, 04:11 PM

Hey guys, idk i was wondering if we can get some video how to's, simple stuff like adjusting afm, replacing common problem parts or fixing common problem or asked stuff. the reads are good but sometimes its easier seeing and reading. my two cents
-Xavier
Old 01-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Über User

Thanks professor, how are the other xmen doing? I kid I kid. Lol no I like the idea and have thought of that too, great idea. The only problem is who is gonna do it. Takes time and preparation
Old 01-15-2012, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
Thanks professor, how are the other xmen doing?
boy if i got a Z everytime i heard this hahaha
but yeah you're right does take time but ideally it would be nice,just throwing out ideas besides sometimes some of us are making adjustments to our cars so i thought why not just pull a camera out and video tape what your doing right xD
Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Über User

They should, I support that. Problem is they don't. Or its hours n hours of trouble shooting that would make for pointless video. However the more straight forward things they really should.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:59 AM

New here... For one I think we need to make it to where you don't have to have a member ship to view threads..

NICOclub.com is completly free and a great community which is owned and run by enthusiasts. We need to have Zdriver set up like that.

The problem is that Zdriver is owned by a corporation not owned by enthusiasts...
Old 08-17-2013, 08:33 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Zmonkey
New here... For one I think we need to make it to where you don't have to have a member ship to view threads..
All threads are visible to guests... you only have to log in to see / download attachments.

Originally Posted by Zmonkey
The problem is that Zdriver is owned by a corporation not owned by enthusiasts...
90% of car forums are "owned by corporations" (mainly IB Internet Brands)... but are run by forum specific enthusiasts.

EDIT... and NicoClub is a lot more cumbersome to navigate.

Last edited by NismoPick; 08-17-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:46 AM

could we get subsections under the z models for fuel injection and carbs?
Old 02-26-2014, 04:20 PM

Sorry I'm late to this thread. It's a good one. I'm both a n00b and a permanent ZX guy so I see the issues.

I have found the search here hard to use sometimes. When I don't have the terms right, it's no help. When I get the lingo right, bingo. There's the answer. So I think that giving people to the right search terms is the best approach for that.

Newbies are a permanent fixture on any site as topic-specific as this one. Zs are getting even MORE popular now, not less, so there will be even more people buying them who then discover they are at square one. The machine needs work and they want it to run right but don't have a clue. They will come here. No way to avoid it. I don't mind helping them but sometimes feel stupid posting the same reply again and again. As long as you guys agree that everybody deserves help, then I don't have to feel so stupid. I like helping because so many people have helped me in the past, here and elsewhere. It's right to give back. No problem for me.

Wondering if there could be a newbie thread that all newbies would be directed to for their first exposure and first post. They could ask 'dumb' questions and not have to face the wrath of a real Z pro who has already answered it 50+ times and doesn't want to think about it. If there was a thread separate from the main thread - you could get there by clicking a BIG BUTTON on the site main page that says, IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, CLICK HERE AND POST YOUR QUESTION. The thread tells them to post it and then check back for a reply. The reply could direct them to a search, an archive, another thread, Auto Zone, Ebay, whatever.

All of the above is what the main page is doing now. Maybe it's stressed and wants to be subdivided to get the newbies out of the high tech talk and vice versa. The web site can do that but isn't. Maybe I'm suggesting a main ZDriver entrance page that has separate buttons: NEWBIES CLICK HERE and LIST OF FORUMS. So if you have to make 2 or 3 clicks to get back to your Z31 turbo swap question from last week, no problem. Your best pros will be hanging out there. The newbies section will be staffed by guys like me who once married a person who said that turning her headlights on during the day would just raise our electric bill.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:24 PM

To Ratfink's point; When a baby discovers crayons or poping bubbles..even though these things are as old as the hills, they are new to the baby.

Same is with when a problem comes up in someone's Z..unless you have been driving them for 20+ years like a lot of us.

Besides, after your kids are in college, they don't need your advise anymore. It is always reassuring when someone needs your help. Just like they said in the Bucketlist; "don't waste a boner"..don't waste an opportunity to help with your advise.