For Sale (VIEW ALL) An online swap meet for sale of individual items. NO UNPAID ADVERTISING ALLOWED

Z31 wiring harness repair kit or ECU swap connectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Z31 wiring harness repair kit or ECU swap connectors

Out of frustration trying to find the AFM and TPS connectors and the added cost of each EV1 connector for my S130 project cars I started hunting down a better alternative. To make a long story short I made up 25 kits for the S130 guys. The kits went in the first three weeks and during that time I've had requests to make an Z31 kit. Unfortunately I haven't had much in the way of feedback so I've done my best to make a kit up from the Z31 FSM - if there is anything you would like changed please let me know and I'll tweek the kit to fit your needs. The parts are about $100+ to order online if you can even find the MAF and TPS connectors. Price for the kit is $50 shipped via Air Mail insured to the USA and Canada. The kit includes the MAF, TPS and 8 EV1 connectors, terminals and silicone wire seals. The connectors are an upgraded squeeze to remove and weather proof with a seal on the connector face and wire seals around the wires entering the plugs. If you are not comfortable crimping/soldering the terminals on I can sell the kit with pigtails and weather proof heat shrink (meltable inner wall). The heat shrink I use won't heat, melt and drip all over your plenum like the hot glue type can do in an excessively hot engine bay. The Pigtail/heat shrink kit is $65 shipped in the USA and Canada. I've also been doing partial kits for people who have already replaced their injector connectors and just need the MAF and TPS connectors. International shipping is also available and typically runs an additional $8.

Here is a picture of the Pigtail version:

Name:  S130pigtail.jpg
Views: 1559
Size:  64.8 KB

Here is a little blurb from the first kit. I don't have any experience with the MAF setup but it replaces the AFM from the previous generation. I know that the connector to the AFM caused a lot of problems - you guys would know if that's the case with the MAF.

"A lot of the problems on the car have to do with corroded or loose connectors. Cleaning the male side of the plugs is possible on the AFM, injectors, TPS, etc however cleaning the female side on the connector is difficult and doesn't often last. The reason is that the male connector is easily accessable and are usually solid brass. These can be cleaned/polished to new condition. The connector side is plated and the disimilar metals cause corrosion and the plating is destroyed in the process. Cleaning the corrosion is difficult because they are physically difficult to access and with the plated material missing the base material will quickly corrode and the problems will come back.

A lot of the problems associated with the idle and running of the car are associated with the AFM connector. Often the clip from the connector is missing causing poor a poor connection which can cause intermittant faults which are often difficult to track down. The replacement AFM connector includes the new body and clip as well as new pins to get rid of the many problems this connection causes.

I would also highly recomend replacing the stock negative battery cable with a heavy cable to the starter and one to the chassis. I also recomend a ground cable from the chassis where the battery cable mounts to the ECU and from the ECU to the ground point for all the sensors on the manifold near the Idle air valve. Replace all the connectors with this kit and you have an excellent base for your electronic fuel injection system.

Replacing your connectors isn't going to solve all your electrical problems but it will give you a good solid base and eliminate a lot of potential problems and prevent future problems."
Old 08-07-2013, 10:12 AM

tps connector

Do you still have the kits for sale to fit the z31 I would like it which ever way that I can get it. I have no problem replacing the ends or just using pigtails.
If so can you contact me @ (731) 234-3694 thanks smylingt