The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Pr0n Addict

i've got a pretty open mind.the sun hurts my eyes though. i don't stereotype them as being exactly the same, obviously there are vast cultural differences, among others. but tell me why it would be easier to get around one than the other. is it not quite similar in THAT sense at least.

there are a few other things that cause ignorance too.... i wouldn't say it's the only way that ignorance is caused.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Über User

YOUR SO RACIST and like INSENSITIVE.... go hang yourself! i hate you... HATE!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Pr0n Addict

look at that snw made a joke! i haven't seen that in months!!
Old 12-12-2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by lifegrddude
Japan and Hong Kong are two totally different places, not even remotely alike except in population density. Stereotyping is what causes ignorance, and that's probably why the entire world hates us. Open your eyes and your mind.

To the OP, if you plan to go to Japan, an easy way is to teach English there on a contract. You can make around 30-35K a year. Try to learn a few of the customs, and realize that some things we do here are not considered proper over there and vice versa. I know the Osaka/Kyoto/Tokyo area fairly well, and I know Okinawa like the back of my hand. People there do speak a little broken English, and most train stations have English written under the Japanese text. Let me know if you have anything you want cleared up.
I also have been thinking of going for a couple of years now. And i was wondering what kind of degree would be needed to teach English there. i was thinking of going to the Shibuya area, do you know anything about that area since it is pretty close to Tokyo?
Old 12-12-2008, 10:31 PM

thanks lifegrddude
yeah okinawa would be awesome. could hang with some soldiers so i can still see another american lol
and yeah, would i need a degree to teach english or what...?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Externally Wastegated

To teach English in Japan, you need a bachelors degree (any degree works), or at least 3-4 years teaching experience if you have no degree. You might even be able to get by with an AA degree, but don't quote me on that. The application process generally takes about 6 months or so. A few of my friends have done the program and liked it.

Shibuya is pretty cool, there are a lot of street performers, and some decent shopping malls there. Akihabara (electronics district) and Roppongi (lots of partying there and models frequent the clubs in the area) are just a few train stops away. Shinjyuku is nearby too, which is known to have a lot gangsters, but it's got a huge shopping mall, and some cheap bars too.

Okinawa, haha yeah that place is friggin small, but there's quite a bit to do if you're an outdoors type of person. Lots of caves to explore, and the scuba diving experience is awesome. You might even find a few rounds of ammunition out in the boonies if you like exploring jungles too. If you're looking to practice driving, the coral dust makes the streets semi-slick, and you can get some good practice in vehicle control at the docks or down south up a few "mountains" with the locals. Ghymkana (sp?) is also held quite frequently too.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:54 PM

watashi wa nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu
Old 12-15-2008, 11:03 PM

wow, sounds amazing. Gymkhana would be awesome. been wanting to do it for a while haha. gonna be a lil hard in a Z31...Okinawa sounds the best to me
Old 12-15-2008, 11:59 PM
eff good grammar

i wouldnt plan on taking your wheels over there