The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

i hate stupid people

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 05:06 PM

i hate stupid people

that say they are serious they want to buy your car then try and talk you down to like 500 dollars cause that's all they have and expect you to agree with them and drop to 500 WTF dumb assess
Old 11-12-2009, 06:48 PM
The Good Twin

That's when I laugh and say "see ya later", making them feel like a foo y0!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:11 PM

I hear ya, back when I sold my 82 280ZX (miss my 280ZX, can't wait to buy another), had a guy wanting to buy it for $500 to enter it into the 24 hours of LeMons. I wanted $1000 for it. No way that car was going to be murdered like that.

On a side note, I now drive an 83 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser wagon. Transmission went out and now I've got a wagon with a full tank of gas, plenty of places to go, but no way to get there. Guess it's better than the Z, which had a steering system that was shoddy, wheels ready to fall off, and a busted up rusted up frame.

--Ryan
Old 11-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Stupid Hurricanes...

just part of the game. i haggle prices down most of the time. what you think something is worth does not entitle its worth that to someone else.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:23 PM

Yeah, my general way of haggling is to take off about 25% from what they are asking and offer that to them. Or, go down to the nearest whole number in the hundreds....$800 down to $500, $1200 down to $1,000, etc.

--Ryan
Old 11-14-2009, 11:16 AM
The Evil Twin

People with only $1000 shouldn't be looking at and test driving $2500 cars.

Its like shopping for a $20,000 Corvette even though you know you only have $7000 to spend. Its an insult to the owner to even occupy their time.

On the other hand, I want top dollar for my Datsuns and when I buy them, I want them for practically nothing!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:22 PM

Yeah, I've been here-and-there dealing used cars for the last year, buying them, fixing up, etc, and the only car I ever had trouble with was the Datsun. Had countless people wanting to come kick the tires, take for a test drive, etc. They would look over the body and interior, and decide it looks right for the price. They'd say it runs very well for the price, then want a test drive. They say it drives great. Then they tell me they didnt want it because of the rust on the floorboards(I bolted old licence plates down to cover temporarily), or was too much of a project, etc. Those are things they should've known from the 50 pictures they requested, from the ad, and from looking at it! They should've have even test drove it if they were going to cite those problems! Yeah, if they said they didn't like how it drove(and it drove fine), then I might've been alright. But they came up, wasted 30 minutes of my time, then, if they even wanted to buy at all, tried to haggle me down to $500. Ick.

--Ryan
Old 11-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
is when i laff the hardest and start walking lol......
Old 12-03-2009, 04:42 AM

These people seem to exist in every part of the world. I had a very very recent experience when I sold my last car.

I was asking around $8000, the guy comes up and says he is very very interested in it. Then after a day of hastling me he came and told me;

because the problem is I only have $2000 in the bank.

In my heart I said then why are you looking at a car 4 times more than what you can afford?!?!??!?!?!

Then he told me he had his girlfriend's father going to give him the rest.

I went up with the car so his girlfriend's father to see the car. Obviously he liked it because it was an excellent caar for the price.

He gave me the deposit and aassured me that he was paaying in ful llater this week. We signed a paper etc.. He was going to get insurance on the car and give me the rest when we go for the title transfer later in the week.

When I get home from all this hassle, he sends me an sms telling me; 'I can't pay you up. I would give you installments and pay up within 2 years!!!

I said not a fat chance you're taking my car and leaving me without a car and without money!

I told him how can I buy a car now?

He told me; 'Come on, I guess you can afford a car. If not, your dad can lend you some money.

Being a calm guy that i am, I swore I ran over him twice with a large semi in my thoughts, then calmly told him, here's your deposit, haave a nice night!

That tops up to be the most frustrating time I ever had in my life!
Old 12-10-2009, 03:05 AM
From NY to AZ

Originally Posted by Yzzerdd
I hear ya, back when I sold my 82 280ZX (miss my 280ZX, can't wait to buy another), had a guy wanting to buy it for $500 to enter it into the 24 hours of LeMons. I wanted $1000 for it. No way that car was going to be murdered like that.

On a side note, I now drive an 83 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser wagon. Transmission went out and now I've got a wagon with a full tank of gas, plenty of places to go, but no way to get there. Guess it's better than the Z, which had a steering system that was shoddy, wheels ready to fall off, and a busted up rusted up frame.

--Ryan
Sounds like your Z wasn't worth more than $500 anyways
Old 12-10-2009, 08:42 PM

LOL you're probably right. I think I got $720 off it or something like that. Ended up buying a Mercury Capri (convertible, 4cyl 5-speed) which developed a blown headgasket. Being DOHC, I didn't particurally want to mess with it, sold it for $300 more than I paid for it. Now been under my station wagon for weeks on a transmission job I can only work on when a sunny day matches with a day off. Probably should've stuck with the 280ZX. Well, if I got the heater working.

--Ryan
Old 12-20-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Yzzerdd
LOL you're probably right. I think I got $720 off it or something like that. Ended up buying a Mercury Capri (convertible, 4cyl 5-speed) which developed a blown headgasket. Being DOHC, I didn't particurally want to mess with it, sold it for $300 more than I paid for it. Now been under my station wagon for weeks on a transmission job I can only work on when a sunny day matches with a day off. Probably should've stuck with the 280ZX. Well, if I got the heater working.--Ryan
Move into the station wagon, spend the rend money on a z and quit sniveling.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:00 PM

Hehe, I could, the station wagon is still out front. Anyhow, in a 1978 Ford Thunderbird now. Pristine condition, ALL orginal (OK, except the fluids and tires, etc), 72,000 miles, original owner(bought new in 78 and garage kept. Kept nice, as it was her first and only new vehicle).

I sure do miss the 280ZX though. Real quick car. I may buy one as a secondary if the right deal comes across at the right time.

--Ryan
Old 01-14-2010, 08:20 PM
The Emblem Thief y0!

Originally Posted by carfanatic
These people seem to exist in every part of the world... That tops up to be the most frustrating time I ever had in my life!
I would have gone over to that guys house and asked for the keys back, and given him back the money. I of course would have brought along like 5 or 6 friends in black leather jackets, but thats just me.