The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

I am not proud of myself.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Hoov for Pres!

It's too bad we live in a world run by lawyers and wimps.
Otherwise you could just beat the crap out of people for doing things that deserve to get them messed up. I always thought I was born in the wrong era.
What happened to the times when a man could be put in his place for stepping out of bounds?
Old 12-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Pr0n Addict

i feel you there. i always wish i could just take the crow bar out from beside my seat and whoop some **** once in a while.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by Ratfink
It's too bad we live in a world run by lawyers and wimps.
Otherwise you could just beat the crap out of people for doing things that deserve to get them messed up. I always thought I was born in the wrong era.
What happened to the times when a man could be put in his place for stepping out of bounds?
I'm afraid those days are gone. Now it seems all the laws favor criminals, terrorists and other assorted dirtballs....
Old 12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Pr0n Addict

indeed. that one where someone breaking into your house can sue you for shooting them and stuff.... makes me want to form a new government...
Old 12-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
indeed. that one where someone breaking into your house can sue you for shooting them and stuff.... makes me want to form a new government...
Thats exactly the example I was thinking of. Freakin ridiculous.....
Old 12-07-2008, 04:10 PM

Can't sue if they are dead.

Ways to insure the criminal breaking into your house does not sue...let them enter fully and use one of these weapons to kill him:

1. 10-12 gauge shotgun
2. .44 Magnum
3. .45 Pistol
4. .375 Magnum
5. Nagging Wife...slow death but dead is dead.

The diagram below shows optimum placement of bullets:

Old 12-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Hoov for Pres!

Mossberg 500 is what I use, other than that I had my Sig Saur.
When I got my concealed weapons permit, one of the things stressed were gun laws, and what to do if you are involved in a shooting.
One thing said multiple times that that a dead guy cannot press charges or sue you.
Someone breaks into my home with ill intent, they will be dead, and I won't lose a moments sleep.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Über User

one thing that sucks about IL, unless your a cop, theres no carry permit or concealed weapon permit whatever you like to call it. at least not this close to chicago as i am. GHEY! **** im still waiting for my foid card
Old 12-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Hoov for Pres!

That does stink. You can still carry in the open correct?
The only reason I don't carry in the open, is because it can provoke conflict, and makes a lot of people uncomfortable when I would rather they didn't know I had a gun.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Pr0n Addict

you can get a permit here if you've had so much as a hunter's safety course. i'm not sure if you have to be 18 or 21 though. probably 21.

if i were shooting someone in my house, i'd probably use a .22, cause it's close range, most .22 pistols have longer barrels so they are easier to shoot accurately, and a .22 in the head bounces around inside instead of exiting. assasin's close range weapon of choice.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Hoov for Pres!

You're nuts.

Better be a 22 magnum. I wouldn't feel safe trying to stop an angry possibly drugged up person with a 22. I would also not be aiming at the head where I have a greater chance of missing and causing collateral damage.

Spent too much time at the range to rely on a "longer" barrel. I can hit a target with accuracy under stress firing with my .40 at ranges I will never see in my own home. I would rather have a round that will stop a human. 22's don't even stop rabbits all the time.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Über User

well.... you can transport i know that, like obviously to gun ranges and stuff i think it might need to be kept in a case separate from the ammunition though while not in operation at the range.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Pr0n Addict

if i transport it, it has to be out of the case on the seat. i just went through this last weekend lol.

but with a .22, i can unload 5 or 6 in a person sized group in a distance like that found inside a home, in a really quick time. with a big pistol, i've completely lost the target after one shot. i tried to shoot fast once and i think it went almost strait up. granted, i do have pretty skinny wrists even though i'm a pretty thick build. i can never grip as hard as those turds that want to squeeze when they shake your hand
Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Big Poppa

being a **** addict, you figure youd have strong wrists like snwy!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Pr0n Addict

lol it's in the elbow
Old 12-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Hoov for Pres!

LMAO!!

The Sig Saur P229 I sold recently. Man I miss that gun. Night sights and all.

The P229 at 75 feet at Caswell Shooting Range

I could empty all 13 round into a person at close range in no time flat.

Whatever you shoot, get used to it.

I still have the 12ga.

That chambering of a round in a pump action is enough to make people run.
The rifled slugs are enough to stop a super mutant in their tracks.
Anybody else play Fallout? lol
Old 12-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Pr0n Addict

you shoot slugs through a choked gun? how does that work out for you? i heard you're likely to blow the end of the barrel off if you do it too much

good shooting though
Old 12-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Hoov for Pres!

The Mossberg I have has an adjustable screw choke. You can adjust the choke on it, and I have it with no choke right now. I do not shoot slugs on a normal basis. It's my hunting gun. I have more quail that I can count with that old pump.
The P229 was the only gun I owned that was not for hunting.
I am running out of guns. I would have sold the Mossberg if I could have gotten more money for it. It's depressing running out of money.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Pr0n Addict

i want a .22-250. i like those. by adjustable, do you mean replaceable, or does it really change inside the barrel?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Über User

im still waiting for my fawkin foid card to come in... GRRRR!!!! and being 21 now i can buy and transport and use ANY gun legal once that bad boy comes in.... stupid state police taking their sweet *** time....
Old 12-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Hoov for Pres!

To save me the time from reading up on IL gun laws, what is a foid card?

What I meant by adjustable, is that the end of the barrel has a threaded end, and is split. That way you can screw the end, and it will adjust the choke. Works pretty good too.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Über User

firearm owners identification

basically means the police background checked you and say you are legal to own/operate a gun
Old 12-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Hoov for Pres!

Oh. We just have a criminal background check when you try and purchase a firearm. But, with the Concealed permit, you don't need to wait on that. You can buy one instantly.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 PM

but with a .22, i can unload 5 or 6 in a person sized group in a distance like that found inside a home, in a really quick time. with a big pistol, i've completely lost the target after one shot. i tried to shoot fast once and i think it went almost strait up. granted, i do have pretty skinny wrists even though i'm a pretty thick build. i can never grip as hard as those turds that want to squeeze when they shake your hand
That's because after one shot with a big pistol they intruder is down...duh.

Ratfink...that second pic from the range is weak...look at that grouping, should be much tighter at that distance plus you shot him in the back
Old 12-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Hoov for Pres!

Don't tell them that!

I swear he had a gun!

Haha.. that is not bad for the first time shooting that gun and 75 feet is the max for that range unless you have a rifle. That's not too bad.
I am not a pro by any standards.

Quick Reply: I am not proud of myself.