The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Golds Gym SUCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Nissans Purist

Unhappy Golds Gym SUCKS!!!

I signed up for a membership with 2 of my room mates at the time a year ago, I was under the impression that my one room mate was the one starting the contract and me and the other would be additional parties on it, well no, I ended up having to pay the startup fee for the membership since he had no cash on him and when we decided to stop going and cancel the membership a few months into it they wouldnt let us cancel cause we still lived within 30 miles from the nearest gym.

So I try to cancel constantly for a couple more months then I stop hearing anything from them regarding the membership, thought great its over.

Earlier this month I get a collections notice for 3300 dollars...wtf...So I ask them where the contract is that shows I am the one to take responsibility for the whole membership for me and 2 other people, they send it to me a little bit ago and It has my old room mates info all over it but they crossed out his first and last name and wrote mine in there. My signature is at the bottom along with some Initials on key spots....I offer a payment plan each month, they decline and proceed to yell at me on the phone, while im at work working on a nurses computer.

Saying that they are now sending it to their legal department to garnish 25% of my wages...which btw will put me in financial crisis. They say they dont care and proceed to yell at me so I hung up on her.

Anyone got any ideas on how I should proceed with this?
Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 AM
The Good Twin

You don't like Gold's Gym? I just love those super annoying "celebrity voice impersonated!" commercials on the radio....

FDCPA regulations FTW!!! They can't harass you, but they can play on your emotions all day long. You can tell them to stop harassing you and quote some FDCPA rules ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...edit/cre27.pdf )

But in the end... it's still going to hit your credit.

I had 8 hours of FDCPA training at work a couple years ago, the only time I've used that info is on ZDriver.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:12 AM
The Evil Twin

I have a coveted lifetime membership to Ballys that I never use! muahahaha!!! No dues ever
Old 05-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Nissans Purist

Lol, well I called the corporate office for the bill collectors and spoke to their CEO(yeah I was pretty shocked) and he agreed that the collector was wrong to yell at me and that I can make the payments I intended for 2 months and then at that time he wanted me to call him back after 2 months and see how much we could raise it so we could get this settled..very nice guy....but still, GOLD's GYM can go drive hondas for all I care...besides, I think we are gonna sue them for Violation of Privacy for sending me all my friends info like his social, drivers license number, birthday, mom and dads info..pretty much everything someone would need to commit identity theft..lol
Old 05-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Political n00b crusher

Just go buy some weights and a bench. Working-out at home FTW!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:15 AM
The Evil Twin

Just use the workout room at NismoPick's place. He's got it made.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Bleach
Just use the workout room at NismoPick's place. He's got it made.
duh kittahz tooked ovar dat room.... total kay-os!

Old 05-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Nissans Purist

Lol fitting picture, reminds me of my evil kitten, she hides on the side of the bed just under the blanket a little so i can still see her tail and she will swipe out at us then when we expose her little hideout she books it out of there.