The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

gas price

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:27 PM
The Good Twin

This is how you do something about high gas prices...

#1... Don't drive anything that requires fossil fuels.

#2... Don't ride in anything that requires fossil fuels.

#3... Grow your own garden so you're not supporting the grocery stores who pass on the cost of fuel to you.

#4... Don't buy anything that was made by (or has in it) any kind of fossil fuel.

#5... Write to your state senators and tell them to do something (your letter will be added to the pile of unopened letters already sent to them).
Old 05-15-2008, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mhinrichs
This country was founded on a revolution against taxes that are only a fraction of what we pay everyday on fuel alone. Do not ever forget that.
Ok so then where is todays revolution against taxes and price gouging?? Todays United States of America is not the same United States from July 4, 1776. This is a greedy government that I believe does not hold the peoples interest before its own. We have oil reserves, we have land that can yield oil...like Alaska...didn't good old Mr. Bush veto using our own oil...yeah that makes sense...let's buy some other countries oil at triple the price when we can use our own oil reserves or drill our own land, come on, I know you all know I am right. But then again there are asses out there that don't want us to kill some poor birds native lands...birds have wings, then can fly away and start over, didn't we do that when we came to this country and stole it? Why should we care about some Yellow Billed Loon in Alaska...no, it's probably better to invade some country under the guise of being helpful.

Does anyone really think that our military is in a country that just happens to have one of the richest oil producing lands in the world because we want to help them??? Money is power, oil is money...we are oil dependent and greedy so of course we are there for the oil be it directly or through a government our country can set up and or control. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.

Bardabe, suck it up, deal with it...it's that defeatist attitude that lets people think they can do whatever they want to whomever they want. How is voting for someone going to lower the price of gas, they are using the gas problem as nothing more than a tactic in hopes that if they show interest in it you might vote for them. Even if I voted for one of these candidates we have to choose from and they do help with the price of gas what is to say they can do anything else to better the country? I am note voting for someone just because I think they can lower gas prices, they need to prove they can run the country and problem solve for the greater good of the people and not just use the price of gas as a ploy to get into office.

I hope I didn't sound too assholish but I am frustrated on these topics.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Über User

crude oil for some reason isn't all the same. there was a HUGE field discovered in the US i think it was maybe in Colorado? but apparently the middle east oil is different so when it comes to creating it into a fuel its the only one that does it well, also the process of creating the fuel is VERY expensive and importing it from a middle east poor country is cheaper than making your own, Britain is pretty much trying to avoid doing mass oil imports and look at their prices! sure we are getting "shafted" but its really the only way to go to keep them lower than much of the world
Old 05-15-2008, 08:51 PM

I wish I was a giant tortoise, then I could just eat grass and not worry about the world.
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by thxone
Ok so then where is todays revolution against taxes and price gouging?? Todays United States of America is not the same United States from July 4, 1776. This is a greedy government that I believe does not hold the peoples interest before its own. We have oil reserves, we have land that can yield oil...like Alaska...didn't good old Mr. Bush veto using our own oil...yeah that makes sense...let's buy some other countries oil at triple the price when we can use our own oil reserves or drill our own land, come on, I know you all know I am right. But then again there are asses out there that don't want us to kill some poor birds native lands...birds have wings, then can fly away and start over, didn't we do that when we came to this country and stole it? Why should we care about some Yellow Billed Loon in Alaska...no, it's probably better to invade some country under the guise of being helpful.

Does anyone really think that our military is in a country that just happens to have one of the richest oil producing lands in the world because we want to help them??? Money is power, oil is money...we are oil dependent and greedy so of course we are there for the oil be it directly or through a government our country can set up and or control. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.

Bardabe, suck it up, deal with it...it's that defeatist attitude that lets people think they can do whatever they want to whomever they want. How is voting for someone going to lower the price of gas, they are using the gas problem as nothing more than a tactic in hopes that if they show interest in it you might vote for them. Even if I voted for one of these candidates we have to choose from and they do help with the price of gas what is to say they can do anything else to better the country? I am note voting for someone just because I think they can lower gas prices, they need to prove they can run the country and problem solve for the greater good of the people and not just use the price of gas as a ploy to get into office.

It will come, remember it wasnt out goverment that caused the revolution. It was the people. Sooner or later the people of todays day and age will revoult as well, we just have to remember how. Our public school systems are desgined to take the fight out of people and create a certain type of middle class mentality. But sooner or later it will happen.
Mr. Fancy Connectors

It will come, remember it wasnt out goverment that caused the revolution. It was the people. Sooner or later the people of todays day and age will revoult as well, we just have to remember how. Our public school systems are desgined to take the fight out of people and create a certain type of middle class mentality. But sooner or later it will happen.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 PM

Oh no no, the government has made laws that makes it illegal to band together and revolt...and lets not forget what they put into the military "Against Foreign AND Domestic" so if we stand up we get killed.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 PM
West Coast!

at least we will die fighting then living a life of submission
Old 05-16-2008, 12:49 AM

I wish I was a giant tortoise, then I could just eat grass and not worry about the world.
lol, I love how this' just in the middle of these posts like that.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
Originally Posted by Mhinrichs
weeelllllll, boyzzzz........the revolution that should have come in the 60s was postpooned by the dummying of america.......the kids are not being taught the real deal anymore--i watched as my son was being taught the "history" of the nam conflict----and taught him the reAL DEAL---HE WASNT GONNA LEARN IT IN SCHOOL, I FOUND OUT----so----waiting for arevolution is not gonna be the way to do it---someone has to actually begin the situation----and there is not enough spunk in this country any more to so do-----no one wants to be the next bennie arnold, who, by the way, was a helluva hero before he decided that he needed to sell west point to the brits------or like patrick henry....no one will give the rebels here anything but death.....so much for liberrty----and if you re-check your constitution, you will also find our liberties are being cut like butter-----the patriot act and new amendments make for great difficulty in uprising....it AINT gonn ahappen---i know---i know---and i have been writing for decas tha twe need the fact of a revolution or some such in order to straighten out this government that has one too much like big brother....more and more controlling the ways we the people are ALLOWED to perform.....we need another tea party..........go figger.........iz all in your generations hands, boys---do a good job.,......
Old 05-16-2008, 09:45 AM

RightO Zhag, did anyone notice that when people started saying stuff about the price of gas that the government decided that they would do the stimulus check crap to "Help stimulate the economy" Did anyone notice that the day before the checks started hitting the the banks via direct deposit the price of gas rose 9 cents per gallon and has continued to rise as these checks are being mailed and deposited? So lets say that you got $300 mailed to you, your tank is on empty so you fill up your ZX at the cost of $75 now you have $225 but wait you still need to fill up your wifes vehicle at the cost of $75, now you have $150...crap we need food for the kids dear...now you are broke...well at least you can get to work for another week and make money to buy more gas.

The stimulus is just a pacifier and nothing more and how much of that is going right back for sales tax, state tax, breathing air tax, blue sky tax, energy tax and gas tax to the government? So what, the stimulus bought you a week or so of a little less stress...as soon as you spend it you're right back where you were only now the price of gas is even higher.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by tonsoffun300zx
im paying almost 5 per gal of premium but i don't give a f@#$ i only drive 2 miles to work and 6 back(when i visit the 240z)

i know this thread is getting old but damn **** don't change huh? i'm paying $4.20 a gallon for regular at this point my z has put put on a hault and only gets run once in a while to keep her lubed up. This gas crap is bullshit, don't they realize we all have bills to pay and jacking up gas prices we al spend less. i mean come on my apartment cost me $1260 a month my utilities are $120 a month i make $9 an hour how much does that leave me for food its 10 miles to work 10 miles back than 20 miles to school and 20 back every day ow the hell do they expect us to live like this!!!!! increase our wages!!!!!!! oh and did i mention i dont' live with mom and dad any more. i'm 19 and on my own!
Old 05-26-2008, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by flightforlife07
i know this thread is getting old but damn **** don't change huh? i'm paying $4.20 a gallon for regular at this point my z has put put on a hault and only gets run once in a while to keep her lubed up. This gas crap is bullshit, don't they realize we all have bills to pay and jacking up gas prices we al spend less. i mean come on my apartment cost me $1260 a month my utilities are $120 a month i make $9 an hour how much does that leave me for food its 10 miles to work 10 miles back than 20 miles to school and 20 back every day ow the hell do they expect us to live like this!!!!! increase our wages!!!!!!! oh and did i mention i dont' live with mom and dad any more. i'm 19 and on my own!
Yeah...see, you feel like I do in many ways. The fact of the matter is those who profit from the price of gas don't care if you make it or not...the life of one...or in this case half the population of the United States of America means **** to them as long as they continue to make a profit. Only when those in the middle and lower classes have friends in power and bitch to them will these higher power holders be able to influence things to help us out.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
crude oil for some reason isn't all the same. there was a HUGE field discovered in the US i think it was maybe in Colorado? but apparently the middle east oil is different so when it comes to creating it into a fuel its the only one that does it well, also the process of creating the fuel is VERY expensive and importing it from a middle east poor country is cheaper than making your own, Britain is pretty much trying to avoid doing mass oil imports and look at their prices! sure we are getting "shafted" but its really the only way to go to keep them lower than much of the world
sorry--whoever taught you that is a great believer in balderdash, my young impressionable friend. rude is crude is crude.
us of a chooses to horde itz supplies and use other sources. hotflash---the world is not in our control, dood---and your brane is not in your control.......sift your knowledge. be smart.my knowledge is based on very accurate data.
this country is fawked. and we continue to horde our crude......
Old 05-27-2008, 02:08 AM
Hoov for Pres!

Pretty much what zhag says. Crude oil is crude oil. I am sure there will be more money put into collecting the crude in different areas. Then you have to jump through the green peace hoops. Why do they care about finding more oil when what they have is making them more, and more money? That would cost more money to build rigs to get the oil then it does to raise the price of the current crude at tap.

Gas prices will go up as long as we put up with it. As Americans used to low gas prices. We are not just putting up with it. It's a part of our life, and it is a necessity. We rely on gas to just make it to work. Most of us don't own motorcycles. (I do. ) So we deal with 20mpg.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:40 AM
The Evil Twin

Build electric cars!!!
Get over your 5 passenger SUVs. You don't need that to drive by yourself on a paved freeway.

...but, if you're already rich then gas prices don't bother you too much. Its still less than 1% of your annual income.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:25 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Bleach
You don't need that to drive by yourself on a paved freeway.
Yes I do! My SUV and my V8 truck w/ 39" gas guzzler tires! Hey... it's the American way: " If I'm going to the poor house, I'm doing it in style!"
Old 05-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Über User

Originally Posted by z-hag
sorry--whoever taught you that is a great believer in balderdash, my young impressionable friend. rude is crude is crude.
us of a chooses to horde itz supplies and use other sources. hotflash---the world is not in our control, dood---and your brane is not in your control.......sift your knowledge. be smart.my knowledge is based on very accurate data.
this country is fawked. and we continue to horde our crude......
ugh..... it was during air transportation on a simple tangent from another student that did his own research. no one taught ****. stop telling me I'm learning bullshit cause i was simply repeating a conversation. i understand back in grade school and even high school we are selectively taught and the school books don't have every bit of information, but they don't teach us things that are wrong, they leave out the insanity that is meaningless for the most part, like learning about the Vietnam war and the outrage back at home, yeah they said many people didn't approve of it and there were protests, not the truth were riots went down and mass public vandalism happened and murders over it, though would my life have been any different if i knew that? no. and i honestly don't give a ****. I'm becoming a pilot not a history major, not a chemical engineer. so i don't care about every last detail i wasn't taught about the past and i don't care about the construct of crude oil and the manufacturing process of oil into fossil fuels. as a matter of fact i know none of you especially Z-hag is the smartest history buff in the world nor a chemical engineer or have really much knowledge at all to the oil industry, so maybe you shouldn't tell my my mind is loaded with nonsense till you can prove it. STFU your old, i get it, you "know" things. seriously I'm not a mean person but if you EVER again, now that this is probably the 4th of 5th time, tell me my entire 14 years in school was all lies I'm going to freak the **** out on you. i swear to god cause I'm tired of it. you were a nurse weren't you? maybe you should stick to correcting me about medical situations cause theres a field i don't know much about and could maybe actually care about your input.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:26 PM

Ummm....Snw....are you feeling ok? Look, you know what you know, nobody else knows what is in your head so if they say something that you know is incorrect...don't let it upset you...it's like if someone calls my mom a *****...I know she is not so it wasn't worth getting mad about. Goosfrabraaaaa! Breath in through the nose and out of the mouth.

Brush your teeth first.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:29 PM

Here's the truth about oil.

-No matter what, we will pay for it, and oil companies know that. In the past WEEK, Gas rose $.15 for no reason. Its a freaking scam.

-US is against monopolies...but who says gas isn't one?

-We have had the technology to make our cars run extremely efficiently...Look in the library of congress for patents..

- Gas in the NE is now an average of $3.94 a gallon.

- The largest oil pocket in the western hemisphere was found in the united states, covering the area of montana and 3 other states..

HYPER MILEAGE!

1. Coast over everything you can (use hills to gain speed, switch into neutral and coast)
2. Drive with the windows up
3. Tire pressure is key and clean air filters
4. Don't accelerate or brake quickly.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Queen of Yachts

ok, sweetie, of nearly 60 years of my life i have gone to schooland colleges for more than half ---i have studied from the top engineers and top everythings i could learn from becvause i love learning---i know whjat is in your scholbooks because i have a 35 yr old son,. they were pprogramming lies and corruption then and they are now as well. do not worry---some of my closest relatives were in on the scheme, being politicians and military and petroleum conglomerate hotshots-----no big deal, snowie---if you want to believe that all you learn is dogs honest truth, go for it---have a psychiatrist handy because reality shock is a goood one----watched it happen a lot, my little friend.......take care, now-----oh, yes--my grandfather invented the atomic canon and met with tesla and is mentioned in tesla's bio as "a young american engineer...."..yada...etc.(is only one of many in my family---done started most of what you know as your world...)... and you should really know more about folks before you decide they do not know as much as you on some topic or another, sweetie----just because i have no degree does not mean i do not know the topic very very well----many many topics are that way, snowy---go figger.......i DO know it all........many facets of it all.....and NOT from books........or teachers.....

oh, yes, and definitely do what mikey sez, ok---he haz smarts....mikeys always know..............

Last edited by z-hag; 05-27-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:59 AM
The Evil Twin

I'm averaging 25-26mpg in my big V6 350Z
I coast everywhere and up the hills I stick my foot out and help push.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:36 PM
The Good Twin

Shutting off the motor while coasting = max mpg. Just remember you only have 2-3 brake pedal pumps before it gets stiff!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Political n00b crusher

My quandry is my 350Z, like Bleach's, gets close to 30 MPG on the highway and the bike gets in the 30s or maybe 40s....yet they both require premium. My truck only requires 87 but sucks gas so bad you can literally see the needle move down as you cruise down the highway. What to do?

Oh well.....
Old 05-28-2008, 01:03 PM
The Good Twin

Sell the truck while you still can... Come $6 or $7/gal of gas no one will take a free truck.

Quick Reply: gas price