The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Beliefs

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 11:20 PM
confuzed member

Beliefs

From our conversation that was kinda thread jacking Thxone's thread "I really am a nice guy." Countinue our conversation here on our beliefs.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:43 PM

I believe that we are born, we live our lives and then we die. What we do in between birth and death is up to us. I don't know what happens when we die except that we have lived our lives to their ends. Is there a heaven? Is there a hell? I don't know, but I will live my life the way I choose, not they way someone else thinks I should live it. If there is a god of some sort for each of us or all of us then the only way I can be true to that is to live my life for me. I don't believe I was born to "serve" or follow the "written word". When my end comes I will simply die. I would like to think that I could be with the ones I have lost in my life or walk forever in peace and happiness but if there is a heaven and our lives have been laid out for us then it isn't up to me anyway, it would be in the hands of god.

These are my thoughts and mine alone, I wish no ill will to anyone who believes otherwise. You all have to do what you believe to be right and what is true in your hearts and minds. Who knows, I could be really wrong, if so I will see you all in heaven............or hell.
Dude!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Über User

i was raised roman catholic... thats my original beliefs.. went to church all the time made my first comunion went to sunday school... but i was such a little tyrant the family stopped takign me and there for they stopped going... i since sorta lost fate... i want to believe theres a god, but its so hard. i dotn know if its the god we all believe in or what, and i dont know... its tuff, i dont want death to be it, end of existance your memory and spirit thats it, gone. but at the same time, where am i to get some sort of proof to believe otherwise.... id otn know... some times i just want to continue from where i left off and start going again.. at the same time, im just so lazy lol
Old 12-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Über User

you know jews only believe int he old testament so the gates of heaven are closed ..... so where do they go when they die? lol
Old 12-25-2006, 11:59 PM

Now, if we want to also get into relationship beliefs then I can do that too.

I think that if I date someone, cheating is optional, though I don't personally "like" to cheat....I will, if I am dating and something better comes along.

Now, however, if I choose to get married, then I will get married one time and one time only. I will not cheat on my wife, I will not hit my wife, and I will not lie to my wife. Now she may do those things to me and that's fine, I will get divorced and never marry again....but I will date and I would be a real big ***** about it....after all, I am sure that would scar me way worse than all the chicks that have done me wrong in the past that I have dated....at that point they all will deserve it in my mind.

Again, just my thoughts and beliefs.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by thxone
I believe that we are born, we live our lives and then we die. What we do in between birth and death is up to us. I don't know what happens when we die except that we have lived our lives to their ends. Is there a heaven? Is there a hell? I don't know, but I will live my life the way I choose, not they way someone else thinks I should live it. If there is a god of some sort for each of us or all of us then the only way I can be true to that is to live my life for me. I don't believe I was born to "serve" or follow the "written word". When my end comes I will simply die. I would like to think that I could be with the ones I have lost in my life or walk forever in peace and happiness but if there is a heaven and our lives have been laid out for us then it isn't up to me anyway, it would be in the hands of god.

These are my thoughts and mine alone, I wish no ill will to anyone who believes otherwise. You all have to do what you believe to be right and what is true in your hearts and minds. Who knows, I could be really wrong, if so I will see you all in heaven............or hell.
Dude!
that about sums it up for me too
Old 12-26-2006, 07:20 AM

My belife is, we live we die, we'll figure out if there is a god or not when we get there. No book or said religion will determine what my belifes are only my morals I was brought up on will tell me what I belive is right.

snwbrderphat a reply to your question would be, why do you care, lets face it without jews there wouldn't be a christianity so why bother finding potholes in their religion that jesus himself, who according to christianity is god, actually belived this.

Last edited by CraigS; 12-26-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:57 AM

I've been thinking kind of on the same topic, where do you guys stand on abortion, pro-life or pro-choice................Or I could take the maddox way of life, The Regressive Party.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Political n00b crusher

Even though I don't even like rugrats that much, I'm mostly Pro-Life except maybe in certain situations like where the mother's life might be in danger. And I'm 100% against partial-birth abortion.....
Old 12-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Man created god in the image of himself.

God is man's answer to his fears of the unknown.

There's too much hypocrisy and killing in the name of god, for god to be good.

I live with a newly "born again christian" and OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

On choice..... I believe we're smart enough to make decisions for ourselves. The government doesn't need to control our lives and our thoughts.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:13 AM
confuzed member

snw, to answer your questions about Jews, they can go to heaven too. The difference is that they have to rely on works. they have to make sacrifices and do rituals and such to atone for their sins. The Old Testament is filled with prophesies of a messiah, the difference between today's Jews and Christians is that Christians believe that Jesus was that Messiah and the Jews don't. And thanks for sharing to the rest of you.
And CC, what makes living with the Christian so hard? Is he a young overzealous Christian?
Old 12-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Über User

i think we should avoid the prolife pro choice thing... thats contreversy all over it
Old 12-26-2006, 06:32 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
i think we should avoid the prolife pro choice thing... thats contreversy all over it
I chose not to respond. For both sides, there's a hundred arguments against it. Policy makers will put a policy relating to abortion on the ballot with another policy that they want passed b/c it will distract the voter from researching and sadly, people tend to vote yes when they don't know because it's the first option. Wow, that public policy class actually DID teach me something.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by emo236
And CC, what makes living with the Christian so hard? Is he a young overzealous Christian?
No, she sleeps in the same bed with me every nite. Nothing hard about it, it's just pretty much in my face ALOT.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:58 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver

I live with a newly "born again christian" and OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

so what did you mean by this?
Old 12-26-2006, 10:13 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

logically everything must come from something. so if you think about it, there is no way there could be a beginning, because where did that beginning come from. so logically, it is impossible for anything to exist. so i'm not actually typing this right now, and you arent reading it, because neither of us exist. .
Old 12-27-2006, 06:15 AM
Jack Of All Trades

so what did you mean by this?
Well, after being married to an individual for 25 years where we relatively shared the same viewpoints on the way things are, ie: not believers, not disbelievers, but open minded to all possibilities, things are now more skewed in a specific direction. An example is, where everything was fine before, now I'm going to hell because of the way I see things. I'm being read verses from the book. I'm more worried about things going on in the middle east now, than ever before. The end is coming. (no ****. It might be another 4 - 5 billion years, but it's coming, that's for sure).

Whether it's drugs, alcohol, or driving fast cars, it usually takes a big life changing event before people see some light and change their paths in life. For my wife, it was the end of motherhood, raising kids and control over certain things in her life that sparked the change.

The only thing I can say about religion and the church and the god fearing leaders of countries on this planet is "hypocrisy".

logically everything must come from something. so if you think about it, there is no way there could be a beginning, because where did that beginning come from. so logically, it is impossible for anything to exist. so i'm not actually typing this right now, and you arent reading it, because neither of us exist.?
Disagree. Your logic is illogical. If what you say was true, then this intrawebnet thingy would be a figment of some other beings imagination.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:22 AM
confuzed member

it's true that there is hypocrisy within religious leaders today and that's saddening, but that's something that Jesus combated while he was here on earth. He was always getting in it with Pharisees (hypocritical religious leaders of the day). It's obviously something God doesn't like. Then again, when are people not hypocrits? Hypocrisy is part of the human condition. Think about it, how many times have parents told their kids not to smoke and then had a cigar a week later (different, right....that's what religious leaders argue too. It's not really different.) There's a ton of examples. Think of your workplace, thinkn of this forum, you'll find hypocrisy everywhere; people just watch religious leaders for hypocrisy more b/c it's easy to pick out.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Hypocrisy...... here's an old one....... if abraham didn't commit adultery and have a bastard child, the 1000's year old war, and who knows how many deaths, over a stupid piece of land wouldn't exist.

The catholic child molesters and cover-ups by the church, all in the name of god really gets my blood boiling.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:41 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
Hypocrisy...... here's an old one....... if abraham didn't commit adultery and have a bastard child, the 1000's year old war, and who knows how many deaths, over a stupid piece of land wouldn't exist.

The catholic child molesters and cover-ups by the church, all in the name of god really gets my blood boiling.
none of this was done in the name of God. But other things that are...gets my blood boiling too. And it does the same thing to God. The Bible says that blasphemy is the only unforgiveable sin. Doing things like this and then naming them in the name of God, is blasphemy....I'd say you and God are on teh same page on that one.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Über User

explain this blasphemy you speak of....
Old 12-27-2006, 02:55 PM

Doing things like this and then naming them in the name of God, is blasphemy....I'd say you and God are on teh same page on that one.
Good? Yeah I really just don't think it's worth it to belive in a religion thats chance of beeing wrong is nearly 100%, not to offend anyone but cmon and get real.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:30 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by CraigS
Good? Yeah I really just don't think it's worth it to belive in a religion thats chance of beeing wrong is nearly 100%, not to offend anyone but cmon and get real.
explain. If you look into it, you'll find that's not correct. It takes more faith to believe that a park bench (for example) just arrived from some space debris than to believe that there is intelligent design behind it.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:31 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
explain this blasphemy you speak of....
blasphemy is saying you're doing things in the name of God that aren't really in teh name of God, or saying you are God, or saying God is one thing, when He's really not, etc.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Über User

so by me just saying im god, im going to hell cause its an unforgivable sin?