The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Beliefs

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:57 PM

God made man in his own image. What that is color wise, who's to say??

There wouldn't be near as much prejudice in this country if those who are "persecuted" wouldn't bring it up all the damn time. Live and let live...

Queer eye for the straight guy SUCKS!!

2 cents
Old 12-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Political n00b crusher

Oops...I shouldn't have deleted my post...guess WildmaN saw it before I deleted it.....guess I was afraid the PC police would get me

But my point was is that Political Correctness sucks! Its like the only people that can be criticized or made fun of anymore are white males or Christians. And thanks to the freakin ACLU and the mainstream (ie liberal) media, its become fashionable to bash Christianity...which ain't right. Granted we're not perfect and some go overboard but I don't see Christians ramming airplanes into buildings or beheading people because they don't have the sames beliefs that they do. In fact, as a whole Christians are pretty tolerant...unlike certain other religions....
Old 12-28-2006, 05:13 PM
confuzed member

I definitely agree mike. ACLU seems to only argue against white Christians. If fact, wasn't there a case a while back where a city decorated it's city hall with a christmas tree, nativity scene, and a menora and only the Christmas tree and nativity scene was forced to be taken down? At SDSU, it seems like the trendy thing is to be really tolerant to buddhism, hinduism, you name it and assume that Christians are non-tolerant, self-righteous hypocrits. Seems like the trend follows even into the greater public arena.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Über User

dude... im gay. fawk yah all.
haha jk i am alittle homo phobic. but for a good reason. lets say my first HS dance i went to had the one gay kid in school with his BF gringing on one another making out right int he middle of it all. i was scard for life
Old 12-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Political n00b crusher

Thats true Emo, colleges are really bad about that....and even in elementary school, they can't pray or say the Pledge of Allegiance but yet they have classes about all these other religions, including Islam...

Snowboarder....sorry about your experience....I'd be traumitized too!
Old 12-28-2006, 05:41 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
Oops...I shouldn't have deleted my post...guess WildmaN saw it before I deleted it.....guess I was afraid the PC police would get me

Yeah I saw it, and was thinking huh where did it go? LOL I kind of figured, you deleted it for some reason. It's cool, just figured I would add to it for you anyway. As for the PC police, or whatever they are. They are more tolerant in the off-topic part of this website. "WildmaN's quote"

But my point was is that Political Correctness sucks! Its like the only people that can be criticized or made fun of anymore are white males or Christians. And thanks to the freakin ACLU and the mainstream (ie liberal) media, its become fashionable to bash Christianity...which ain't right. Granted we're not perfect and some go overboard but I don't see Christians ramming airplanes into buildings or beheading people because they don't have the sames beliefs that they do. In fact, as a whole Christians are pretty tolerant...unlike certain other religions....
It sure seems to be that way doesn't it? And no I or any real Christian said we were perfect. "For all have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God." Romans 3:23 Live by that, and John 3:16, and you can't go wrong. "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in Him. Shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

Last edited by WildmaN; 12-28-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:21 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by WildmaN
It sure seems to be that way doesn't it? And no I or any real Christian said we were perfect. "For all have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God." Romans 3:23 Live by that, and John 3:16, and you can't go wrong. "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in Him. Shall not perish, but have everlasting life."
AMEN! This thread went from Christian bashing to Christian praising...what polars!
Old 12-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
arguments are not necessarily reflective of ones own beliefs--my "sunday school classes" taught us how to argue the most righteous stand-up Bible thumping evangelist christians into being atheists-----i do not advertize my beliefs, but they should be obvious in the way i live and interrelate with others--christianity is not just a religion--it is a way of life--but we all do stray--not only body but in mind, as well--and there are more different types of christianity than there members of the christian faith......an d what i said earlier.

and white anglo-saxon protestant men have been being pcked on by those jealous of their holdings and all since the day there were such individuals, and itr will continue forever-----go figger.......

ps--i was raised puritan--that is what the united church of christ has always been--congregationalism is puritanism--look up the history--they proudly told us that in our sunday school

hey, carl----where's your catgun?????????
does that mean i can use it now?????????

Last edited by z-hag; 12-28-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:48 PM
The Evil Twin

Snowy - if those were two women kissing at your dance would you have been tramatized???!

Mike - I restored your post

I'm going to start a heterosexual pride parade on Capitol Hill in Seattle...
Old 12-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Über User

two women... is there anything wrong with that no. two guys, very very bad.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:52 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by emo236
AMEN! This thread went from Christian bashing to Christian praising...what polars!
That was enevitable. ....... the god fearing people are in the majority. I don't fault or judge anyone because of their beliefs. Up to now, there has been two times that I've hoped and asked that there's a god. Each time was when my parents left the world we see. Maybe someday I'll see the light.

Speaking of beliefs, the white man is being discriminated against. All of the bleeding heart liberals will make sure that we pay for the sins of our parents for eternity.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:56 AM

Thats true Emo, colleges are really bad about that....and even in elementary school, they can't pray or say the Pledge of Allegiance but yet they have classes about all these other religions, including Islam...

Snowboarder....sorry about your experience....I'd be traumitized too!

Quite the opposite, I'm in HS right now and we still say the pledge of allegiance. And I must say my teacher in world history did a great job of covering all religions, including christianity. Not to be rude but when was the last time you've gone to school( High School), because I have friends in college who take classes specificly for learning certian aspects of religions, but mostly christianity. Kids couldn't pray in school for a while, this is why I'm questioning your age.

What is a cat gun? If I don't see pictures I'll be angry.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by CraigS
Quite the opposite, I'm in HS right now and we still say the pledge of allegiance. And I must say my teacher in world history did a great job of covering all religions, including christianity. Not to be rude but when was the last time you've gone to school( High School), because I have friends in college who take classes specificly for learning certian aspects of religions, but mostly christianity. Kids couldn't pray in school for a while, this is why I'm questioning your age.

I've been out of school 10 years but I have neices and nephews in grade school and friends in college and what you said is definitely not what I hear. I don't know what colleges you're talking about, but the vast majority of college professors are very liberal....I highly doubt they're teaching the virtues of Christianity.....
Old 12-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
see my sig add on.......
Old 12-29-2006, 10:30 AM
confuzed member

I just graduated from SDSU officially yesterday! I've been living one block away from campus (technically on campus) for 4 and a half years. I have close friends at UCSD, USD, Fresno State, SJSU, SFSU, UCSB, Berkely, UCLA, CSUMB, USC, UC Davis, CSU Long Beach, and even UC Boulder (Colorado). All report the same liberalism that plagues their campuses.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:32 AM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
That was enevitable. ....... the god fearing people are in the majority. I don't fault or judge anyone because of their beliefs. Up to now, there has been two times that I've hoped and asked that there's a god. Each time was when my parents left the world we see. Maybe someday I'll see the light.

Speaking of beliefs, the white man is being discriminated against. All of the bleeding heart liberals will make sure that we pay for the sins of our parents for eternity.
I dunno, there's still only 3 Christians that spoke up in this thread comparatively to 6+ that spoke against Christianity. I don't think the "God fearing" is the majority.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Political n00b crusher

Congrats on the guaduation emo!

Yes. liberalism is rampant on college campuses....and from my experience conservative views are often stifled....liberals are supposedly champions of freedom of speech but apparently only when it applies to their views.

I remember when I lived in NC in '04, they had an article in the local paper that said that out of the 81 professors in the Philosophy Dept. at Duke, 78 were Democrats! And Duke is considered a "conservative" school. I'm sure UNC Chapel Hill is even worse....Chapel Hill is kinda like the Berkeley of the East Coast....
Old 12-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Über User

i go to lewis university. its a chritian lasallian school. in math we said prayer every day lol. and i have to take theology courses (religion) 3 times i think. so i do have religion in my college. but i guess thats different. go brother Tom. lol.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:53 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
i go to lewis university. its a chritian lasallian school. in math we said prayer every day lol. and i have to take theology courses (religion) 3 times i think. so i do have religion in my college. but i guess thats different. go brother Tom. lol.
I could've sworn you were in hs!
Old 12-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Über User

mmm.... noooo...... i graduated just last year though. last time you were on the forum i was in highschool. when you popped up here jsut in the past few weeks SURPRISE i graduated. lol. your old man. haha jk
Old 12-29-2006, 02:06 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
mmm.... noooo...... i graduated just last year though. last time you were on the forum i was in highschool. when you popped up here jsut in the past few weeks SURPRISE i graduated. lol. your old man. haha jk
oh sorry, I'm hope you'll forgive me for missing your graduation.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:06 PM

I've been out of school 10 years but I have neices and nephews in grade school and friends in college and what you said is definitely not what I hear. I don't know what colleges you're talking about, but the vast majority of college professors are very liberal....I highly doubt they're teaching the virtues of Christianity.....

Oh yea, of course there is libritarian asses. One teacher one of my friends had said Jesus was a drama queen, funny but I think it's witty satire. No college professor is going teach the virtues of Christianity because they're not Christian, they're english and history teachers and will pick the **** apart word for word. You wouldn't want someone like me trying to teach virtues of christianity, or atleast I hope not. You've got to figure, nomatter which religion it is they will always get picked apart, look at some of the religions such as Scientology, you can rip that religion a new *** by just reading how it was invented. My point is anything that is a strong influence on society will be put under a microscope and be picked apart, we just have to deal with what different people say.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by emo236
I dunno, there's still only 3 Christians that spoke up in this thread comparatively to 6+ that spoke against Christianity. I don't think the "God fearing" is the majority.
No, most people are just smart enough to keep their mouths shut in a discussion where neither side will be swayed by the other sides viewpoints.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:19 PM

Hahaha, very true, but we still speak.

Z hag thats a cat holding a gun, I want to see a gun shooting cats.

Last edited by CraigS; 12-29-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:54 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
No, most people are just smart enough to keep their mouths shut in a discussion where neither side will be swayed by the other sides viewpoints.
it's not maent to sway others. I don't think that this is what this forum is about at all. We have discussions. The goal isn't to sway/convert others, it's to express passion. In the car sections, passion for cars, in teh off topic section, passion for anything else.