The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Beliefs

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:29 PM
The Evil Twin

I'm a Christian but after 10 years online, I just get sick of arguing on the internet... so I observe more now. I suppose I could put my opinion in here once in a while...
Old 12-29-2006, 03:59 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by Bleach
I'm a Christian but after 10 years online, I just get sick of arguing on the internet... so I observe more now. I suppose I could put my opinion in here once in a while...
Right on man, thanks for sharing. I do understand where you are coming from on the arguing part. And no it wouldn't hurt to speak your voice on here. In a peaceful manner. It is just stating what we believe, no harm in that right? As long as we don't go overboard.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Right on man, thanks for sharing. I do understand where you are coming from on the arguing part. And no it wouldn't hurt to speak your voice on here. In a peaceful manner. It is just stating what we believe, no harm in that right? As long as we don't go overboard.
Exactly, I started this thread desiring only discussion and sharing, and knowing that there's a danger it could turn into arguing, so that's why I've been so quick to make sure things don't get heated.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Aside from religion....... I believe the universe is infinite. It has always been here, and will always be here. The universe, the earth and man weren't created. Just as, under the right circumstances, a star is born and a start dies every day, so do living beings on many planets in many solar systems.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
concur with above^^^^--cc--

Last edited by z-hag; 12-29-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:32 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
Aside from religion....... I believe the universe is infinite. It has always been here, and will always be here. The universe, the earth and man weren't created. Just as, under the right circumstances, a star is born and a start dies every day, so do living beings on many planets in many solar systems.
interesting, so you believe in aliens....in other solar systems of course.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Über User

as big as the universe is. no matter what sort of life form it is advanced or uncivilized aliens or w/e you want to call them. the odds of us being hte only planet with life on it out of the whole universe, is to low
Old 12-29-2006, 10:59 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
as big as the universe is. no matter what sort of life form it is advanced or uncivilized aliens or w/e you want to call them. the odds of us being hte only planet with life on it out of the whole universe, is to low
yea that's the typical argument for the existence of aliens. The rebutting argument would be that if there is other life forms out there, the fact that neither one of us has found each other is too low. I don't know which is correct.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by emo236
interesting, so you believe in aliens....in other solar systems of course.
As snowy stated, I believe there's life beyond our solar system. I believe it's just as likely that our species was brought here from somewhere else. Although I tend to lean more towards the evolution theories.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Über User

but if we cant find them becuase we can only travel to the moon send a probe to mars everything else is telescope images where planets are the size of ants.... whose to say they can only do the same, we may never find one another due to complexities of space travel and the size of the universe... it takes how long to get to mars... a few months... so imagin teh time it would take to get to another solar system... you would have to start a population and go threw a few generations untill you did... just not worth the risk.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:16 PM
confuzed member

exactly, I'm merely stating the arguments that both sides would offer.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by z-hag
hey, carl----where's your catgun?????????
does that mean i can use it now?????????
Yeah, using someone elses system for awhile at their place, and the catgun was stretching the page for me. Dang 800X600 on a 19" widescreen. What morons!!

Anyways, feel free. It kinda offsets your avatar. I'm kinda fond of the Clyde Caldwell "SeaFox" avatar though...

Should this be in a thread about Christianity???

Carl

Last edited by Carl's Z; 12-30-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:31 AM
Über User

no it definatly shouldnt.. but its actually a beliefs thread. oh yeah and "*******!" ( im using ******* in the place of awsome or cool not the literal sense of the actual item, thsu being *******) lol
Old 12-30-2006, 12:52 AM

Ok, then, it's my "belief" that is one of the finest sea goin' gals I've ever seen!! LOL
Old 12-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Über User

ok i buy it.... so emo. if there is life and we find it, what does that do to christianities beliefs?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:51 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

The rebutting argument would be that if there is other life forms out there, the fact that neither one of us has found each other is too low. I don't know which is correct.
disagree. the scale of the universe actually makes the odds that we would have found eachother is very very low. no offense, but i find it odd that you believe some man in the sky controls everything we do, and that this little rock we call earth is oh so special, yet you dont think that in an infinite universe it is rather probable that there are many other planets with many other forms of life on them.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
carl--i stole home girl from inquiZitor--i figgered he uses it cause he likes girls--i use it cause i ARE a girl.....just wish i still had her body.......
and i are a pirate and proud of it..........

there HASTA be other intelligent life in our universe--it is WAAAAAYYY to big for us to be so pompous as to think we are alone................

besides.......GOD has a sense of humor-----and plays practical jokes...........
Old 12-30-2006, 09:50 AM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by entropy31
disagree. the scale of the universe actually makes the odds that we would have found eachother is very very low. no offense, but i find it odd that you believe some man in the sky controls everything we do, and that this little rock we call earth is oh so special, yet you dont think that in an infinite universe it is rather probable that there are many other planets with many other forms of life on them.
I didn't make a stance either way. Look at the last sentence of the post you quoted. I'm simply stating the leading arguments for both sides of the greater discussion. It's the educational thing to do. You always note the other side's main arguments. I didn't take either side, this is a narrative of the main arguments of both sides of the discussion. And while we're on it, it baffles me that the majority of people would rather take their own logic for truth when half of the time, we're making mistakes. There's no proof either way (existence or not) so I simply won't make a stand either way on a basis of human logic. I could go on God's knowledge, but a lot of you don't share my beliefs, so this would yield a fruitless argument most likely, which is (like siad before) attempting to be avoided.

Last edited by emo236; 12-30-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Jack Of All Trades

There's no proof either way (existence or not)
There, we can agree...... no proof of aliens, evolution, or god.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:46 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
There, we can agree...... no proof of aliens, evolution, or god.
bingo. but it's all moot anyways cause nothing exists.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by entropy31
bingo. but it's all moot anyways cause nothing exists.
LOL......
Old 12-31-2006, 12:53 AM
Über User

my question to you dave is.... is it your imagination who made me up and put me with mussy hair on your lawn, or my imagination creating you to say that for no apparent reason to throw me off this relization of nothin existing... i ask you that.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:30 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
my question to you dave is.... is it your imagination who made me up and put me with mussy hair on your lawn, or my imagination creating you to say that for no apparent reason to throw me off this relization of nothin existing... i ask you that.
But if he doesn't exist, you're only just asking yourself...

Rod.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Queen of Yachts

none of us exists, so it is all in your mind............(music from outer limits).......
Old 01-01-2007, 06:38 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
But if he doesn't exist, you're only just asking yourself...

Rod.
nope, 'cause he does'nt exist either.