FS: 240Z,260Z,280Z & 280ZX (70-83) S30 / S130 Cars & Parts

For sale..beautiful 83 280ZXT 2plus nds. bearing work

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:13 PM

For sale..beautiful 83 280ZXT 2plus nds. bearing work

This car has never failed to turn heads and get compliments. I bought it from the original PA owner in 2003, tuned it up, changed hoses, injectors, brake aux.clutch, belts, etc. I customized it with an intercooler set up custom designed and installed by Custom Tubes of Woburn (including 3 inch exhaust and Magnaflow), using a Diamond Star Mitsubishi blow off valve, NPR i/c and Greddy Profec B boost control. The car is wired for an FM modulator CD changer, has turbo boost/fuel pressure/air fuel meters, and is using MB Quart and Boston Acoustics speakers, 130/150 euro halogen headlights, and has the Z Motorsport side skirts, front spoiler and F40 rear wing. It was painted in May 04 by Sergio's Auto Body in Acura Chrystal Siver-Blue mettalic..the interior is red leather. I put on a new clutch and starter in April and new rear rotors/pads last week (fronts rep'l last fall).
Stock equipment: 5 speed, a/c (works well), Hitachi am/fm/cassette, leather high back seats w. headrests, tinted T-tops, 50/50fold down rear seats, power brakes/steering, cruise control, dome/reading/sunshade lighting, talking computer "lights are on, door is open, fuel level is low" LOL!! Things needing work on: in the past few weeks, I noticed a bit of a dieseling kind of sound when I stepped out in front of the hood. My mechanic informs me this is either the main or connecting bearings going thin, so I am at the point of letting the car go to someone able to be a mechanic than I (I've spent at least 20K on it over 3 years, mostly in paint and I/C). It will drive and perform perfectly (drove it to Worcester MA and back on Saturday), but is best repaired before taking it on the highway!
The passenger seat has a 3 inch pull away of fabric from one of the seams (easily fixable, but I don't want to). I've kept both seats covered with seat covers.
There are a couple of plastic buttons I have for trim which have fallen off, and the rear hatch lock area is missing a tiny bit of surround trim. Otherwise this car is a 7-7.5, and if it weren't for the engine issue, it'd be 8.5. Please consider a look and a drive! Thanks, John
Old 06-20-2006, 09:35 PM
The Good Twin

Yay! By the way... for sales go in the MARKETPLACE: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/classifieds-wanted-sale-marketplace-68/

And you might want to cut down that endlessly boring monster of a paragraph. Yay!

Oh... and here's a good sales pointer... POST PICS.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:30 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

moved to marketplace.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:47 PM

whats the asking price ? pictures ? any rust ?
Old 07-13-2006, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Yay! By the way... for sales go in the MARKETPLACE: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68

And you might want to cut down that endlessly boring monster of a paragraph. Yay!

Oh... and here's a good sales pointer... POST PICS.
Damn I keep seeing your posts , and I must say you are kind of a arrogant jerk , If your not interested in the car for sell move along , I have yet to see any one ask for your opinion in there adds , but you just keep putting in your 2 cents worth .every add I have looked at has had you talking smack in it ………………not a good way to win friends or gain any respect for your opinion.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:49 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Randygod
Damn I keep seeing your posts , and I must say you are kind of a arrogant jerk , If your not interested in the car for sell move along , I have yet to see any one ask for your opinion in there adds , but you just keep putting in your 2 cents worth .every add I have looked at has had you talking smack in it ………………not a good way to win friends or gain any respect for your opinion.
I didn't ask for your opinion... but you are indeed giving it... so you're doing what you tell me not to do? huh... thas wierd.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
i think the 'opinions editor' does ok--adds spice to theconversation and points to ponder--not to mention the fact that he's most often correct--that pinches some peoples shorts--fun to read, tho! there ARE folks who go somewhat outside the box--that's not always a good thing--not always a bad thing--just keep on keepin' on!
Old 07-14-2006, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
I didn't ask for your opinion... but you are indeed giving it... so you're doing what you tell me not to do? huh... thas wierd.
Yes the arrogant jerk part is just my opinion , but the rest is merely a comment on the obvious . So I guess your half right , and I am half a jerk . Maybe “jerk” is contagious