FS: 240Z,260Z,280Z & 280ZX (70-83) S30 / S130 Cars & Parts

Custom door and hatch/trunk lock sets FOR SALE! Barrel style key & lock!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:04 PM

Custom door and hatch/trunk lock sets FOR SALE! Barrel style key & lock!

Prices "include" shipping, only within the lower 48 states, (local pickup/delivery prices also posted). Sorry I will NOT ship to Canada! (If out of the country, feel free to arrange shipping to a location with the continental US). Items will ship within 24 hours of payment received.

Payment of CASH, Money Order, or PayPal preferred. Personal check is OK but part/s will not ship until the check clears, approx 10 days!
Located in Sandy OR, just outside the greater Portland area.
Contact me via PM or E-mail
braapz350@hotmail.com

SOLEX barrel style custom door and trunk/hatch locks.
This is the 3 lock set, (left, right and neutral), 4 keys, instructions and an assortment of actuators for various applications. I used this door lock on my first Z back in the early ‘90’s, was able to acquire a few sets a few years back, installed 4 of those sets in local cars (one 240, two in ’78 Z’s, a 510). These are more of show item with a little bit of theft deterrent, but only in their ability to not pick your lock. Any Neanderthal with a large enough chuck of 4 billion year old technology, (a rock), can still break the window and get into your car.

These universal sets are the closet fit for our Datsun S-30 and 510’s, (I am pretty sure these will not work in the S130-Z31 doors due lock/handle integration), and do require mechanical aptitude on the part of the installer to install. Some filing of the lock hole in the door is required and is not reversible if you mess it up. Plan on a couple hours getting the fitment and adjustment correct. Also, for the Z car hatch, the release is a push button, these locks are a rotary motion lock. With some clever tweaking of the arm, (twisted to approx 45 degrees), as it sweeps while turning it can be persuaded will rub against and push down the hatch lever allowing to function perfectly. Be sure to clean and lube the Z hatch lock assy. You could also just leave the OE Z latch if you are not comfortable with this as the hatch portion does take quite a bit of tweaking and testing over and over to get it just right, but once set, works like it was OE.

I will assume no liability for these locks effectiveness or any damage from installation, etc. Again, these do require modification to the lock hole for proper fitment

If local, I might be persuaded to install the set in your S-30 or 510 for $150 extra. Keep in mind once installed, it's not easy to go back to OE, no warranty for installation. ;-)

I have 2 sets left, $100 per set shipped, $175 for both shipped, $160 for both local pickup, ($90 local pickup)

No warranty expressed or implied, no returns for any reason!
Pics are of the actual lock sets I took today, (car pic was taken over year ago), not stock photos! Both sets are exactly the same, packaging did get wet, hence the not-so-crisp packaging.

Prices "include" shipping, only within the lower 48 states, (local pickup/delivery prices also posted). Sorry I will NOT ship to Canada! (If out of the country, feel free to arrange shipping to a location with the continental US). Items will ship within 24 hours of payment received.

Payment of CASH, Money Order, or PayPal preferred. Personal check is OK but part/s will not ship until the check clears, approx 10 days!
Located in Sandy OR, just outside the greater Portland area.
Contact me via PM or E-mail
braapz350@hotmail.com