300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

valve life

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Fixed.

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
what are the options you'd say?

SZ, HKS?
Yep.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by ZLover4Life
A smart idea to do what install? EGT gauges are never a bad idea. EGR delete is never a bad idea, either.
OMG, please tells us all what engineering school that comes from. I'm thinking you people are best left your selves.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Originally Posted by bojo68
OMG, please tells us all what engineering school that comes from. I'm thinking you people are best left your selves.
Clearly you think you know more than you do. The "benefit" (notice the quotes) of the EGR system is to reduce combustion temperatures (which effects longevity and emissions, *theoretically*)... but guess what... removing the EGR has resulted in (GASP!) NO SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN TEMPERATURES OR DECREASE IN LONGEVITY! Wow. A time when theory and practice didn't coincide, who'da thunk? Furthermore, a malfunctioning EGR (which is common) can cause serious problems.

Harry (ZTuner - a WELL respected Z32 technician)
http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.asp...&forum=general
Good time to do a egr delete and pcv relocate and get rid of misc water lines under the plenum. EGR delete because most likely with those many miles the egr is blocked anyway
The only time a Z will fail emissions without an EGR is when there's a strict visual inspection (and even then, most people pass, because the EGR on the Z32 isn't visible without some effort).

Question:
Has ANYONE had ANY problems in ANY state passing emissions with these removed.
Answers:
Originally Posted by http://twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/general/view/2118592/No.html
No.
Originally Posted by http://twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/general/view/2118654/You-will-pass-the-sniffer-if-you-car-is-healthy-but-some.html
You will pass the sniffer if your car is healthy...
Here's Ash... a guy who DESIGNS, tests, and manufactures parts for the Z32, discussing why the EGR valve should be removed:
http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...&msg_id=967920
There have been numerous vehicles that I am fully aware of that live in California that are using my ECU programing, JWT programming, etc, and do not have EGR in their cars. Guess what - they have all passed emissions without it. Unless you get a really nit-picky inspector that goes digging around in the back of your engine looking for the EGR valve itself, you aren't going to fail an emissions test due to the lack of this component. You also aren't going to blow your engine up without it - you are far more likely to blow the engine BECAUSE of the EGR being in there and leaking.

300-Degree sells an EGR Elimination kit for $45 which makes the elimination of this system VERY quick and easy.
http://twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/fo...to-report.html
mine has been deleted for 3 years, no problems to report
I, also, deleted the EGR system and had absolutely no adverse effects.

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300z...f-the-car.html
Do yourself a favor and get rid of the EGR while you can
And this had 4 people respond to agree with it.

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300z...eleted-it.html
the temps only went up about 0.98 degrees

I love how you post something like that, but lack the understanding to even support your argument. So...

Theories (like the EGR valve and its "benefits") are wonderful things, but when they don't line up with reality, it's because something wasn't fully considered and the theory simply needs to be abandoned or rebuilt.

By the way, I have a Master's degree, am certified in Applied Mathematics, and worked for Ultimate Z (and my post history and the title that the administrators here gave me under my screen name are a testament to my credibility). Where are your credentials? Based on your response, I'd bet you never completed college, you've never researched the subject, and you're unfamiliar with the Z32. You're probably some technician who works at a dealership and simply believes it's necessary because "they wouldn't have put it there if it wasn't." Read my signature - it was meant for your type.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 03-04-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:19 PM

Clearly you think you know more than you do. The "benefit" (notice the quotes) of the EGR system is to reduce combustion temperatures (which effects longevity and emissions, *theoretically*)... but guess what... removing the EGR has resulted in (GASP!) NO SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN TEMPERATURES OR DECREASE IN LONGEVITY!

But only on certain engines, and generally, not on production stuff. Could nissans be high class enough to have this not apply, certainly.

Wow. A time when theory and practice didn't coincide, who'da thunk? Furthermore, a malfunctioning EGR (which is common) can cause serious problems.

YEP!

Harry (ZTuner - a WELL respected Z32 technician)

The only time a Z will fail emissions without an EGR is when there's a strict visual inspection (and even then, most people pass, because the EGR on the Z32 isn't visible without some effort).

Question:

Answers:

Here's Ash... a guy who DESIGNS, tests, and manufactures parts for the Z32, discussing why the EGR valve should be removed:
http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...&msg_id=967920

http://twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/fo...to-report.html

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300z...f-the-car.html

And this had 4 people respond to agree with it.

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300z...eleted-it.html

I love how you post something like that, but lack the understanding to even support your argument. So...

Don't get so excited, if you want to try and prove that egr, ism't and never has been worthwhile, good luck with that.
Fact of the matter is does egr reduce combustion temperature? YES. Does it enable more tiiming, yes. Do ALL engines respond as well, no. But those that don't are machined tighter than those that do.

Theories (like the EGR valve and its "benefits") are wonderful things, but when they don't line up with reality, it's because something wasn't fully considered and the theory simply needs to be abandoned.

I got news for ya, there was LOT of reality behind egr. I used to work for a dealer, and if the egr failed, it was over.

By the way, I have a Master's degree, am certified in Applied Mathematics, and worked for Ultimate Z.

Gee, the same degree my ex used to have, aside from hers was from Stanford, and she made 375k/yr.

Where are your credentials?

I just wiped them.

Based on your response, I'd bet you never completed college, you've never researched the subject, and you're unfamiliar with the Z32.

1 out of 3. I'm glad your paid for your lack of accuracy.

You're probably some technician who works at a dealership and simply believes it's necessary because "they wouldn't have put it there if it wasn't." Read my signature - it was meant for your type.
I am curious about you, you seem to have enough mind to question egr, but not enough to see there was a place and time for it. If you want to educate yourself a little, see the GM studies on the 77 olds cutlass 403.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Yeah, I suspected your "expertise" was in older domestics... and "used" to work for a dealer tells the tale, so do yourself a favor: to avoid looking like a fool, stay out of the forums concerning the modern ADVANCED cars.

And it's nice to see your ex was at least intelligent. Maybe she'd have seen a difference between cars engineered decades apart and understood that technology that applies to one doesn't apply to another. But why'd you bother dropping how much she made? You have no knowledge of how much I make or even what I do for a living (and I keep it that way for a reason). I wasn't arguing against your ex, I was arguing against YOU. You asked for my credentials, so I pointed out that I have experience in modern cars, I specialized in the Z32 (built a pair of my own that made 550hp), and I have an advanced degree in a science field. You have experience in old cars... but posted in the Z32 forum attacking my credibility (that's the part that amuses me the most).

I said, in the Z32 forum, that an EGR delete isn't a bad idea... and I was 100% correct.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 03-04-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:25 PM

Yeah, I suspected your "expertise" was in older domestics... so do yourself a favor: to avoid looking like a fool, stay out of the forums concerning the modern ADVANCED cars.

And it's nice to see your ex was at least intelligent. Maybe she'd have seen a difference between cars engineered decades apart. But why'd you bother dropping how much she made? You have no knowledge of how much I make or even what I do for a living (and I keep it that way for a reason). I'm not arguing against your ex, I'm arguing against YOU.
Haha She drove a VW bug/
Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

People don't get wealthy by being irresponsible with money. I'd have a lot more of it if I didn't desire a Z. lol
Old 03-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Yeah, I suspected your "expertise" was in older domestics... and "used" to work for a dealer tells the tale, so do yourself a favor: to avoid looking like a fool, stay out of the forums concerning the modern ADVANCED cars.

And it's nice to see your ex was at least intelligent. Maybe she'd have seen a difference between cars engineered decades apart. But why'd you bother dropping how much she made? You have no knowledge of how much I make or even what I do for a living (and I keep it that way for a reason). I'm not arguing against your ex, I'm arguing against YOU. I have experience in modern cars, I specialized in the Z32 (built a pair that made 550hp), and I have an advanced degree in a science field. You have experience in old cars... but posted in the Z32 forum.
Well, because your trying to present your self as a greater expert than I, and generally, many think there's a correlation between wages and knowledge. Statically, it's a pretty safe bet you make less than 375k, the president of the USA didn't make that much at that time. Far as the z32/550 stuff goes, I'm building a s130, and if it doesn't make considerably more than 1100, I'll junk it.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Intrawebz Wizard

Wait didn't you get banned Bojo? who unbanned you?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Originally Posted by bojo68
Well, because your trying to present your self as a greater expert than I, and generally, many think there's a correlation between wages and knowledge. Statically, it's a pretty safe bet you make less than 375k, the president of the USA didn't make that much at that time. Far as the z32/550 stuff goes, I'm building a s130, and if it doesn't make considerably more than 1100, I'll junk it.
As a matter of fact, there is only moderate correlation between education and salary... there is higher correlation between experience/skills and salary. (Think Bill Gates, creators of Google and Facebook, athletes, etc etc etc... many CEOs and business owners don't have a formal education and they make far more than people with advanced degrees.)

Do I make less than $375k a year? Yep. But I'll bet you do, too, so what your ex made is of no significance to the conversation. And I wasn't shooting for more than 550hp (in fact, you once posted it yourself... "what do a 500hp Mustang and 1000hp Supra have in common?"... usable horsepower is far better than shooting for peak power), so I don't know if you think I'd be upset that you're trying to make more power, but it just makes me think you're an idiot who only wants to one-up people, even if they use other people (like ex girlfriends) to do it.

The point is, you came to a subforum where you have no experience or education and took a shot at my credibility... you are out of place.

And LMFAO at you being banned... that would make a lot of sense.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 03-04-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM

"usable horsepower is far better than shooting for peak power), so I don't know if you think I'd be upset that you're trying to make more power, but it just makes me think you're an idiot who only wants to one-up people,"

The hp part is true, which is why I bought a 40# boat anchor blower. Far as whether or not I'd be upset about anything you do, why would I care?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Über User

OMG how does this joke keep posting? and now in a section he is even more ridiculously retarded in than the S130 section... which he OWNS one of those... lol. god at least reading what he idiotically posts is amusing.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

It's ok, Eric... the world needs morons, else people like us wouldn't shine so bright.

By the way, it just occurred to me that the wheel you loaned me for test fitting is still in the garage, isn't it?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Über User

how does that JUST occur? haha, but yeah you definitely have it. and i found out why we couldn't find the fourth one, my dad had it as a spare in his S30. so tho im in no rush to get that back, i def do need it back eventually.