300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 05:54 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Oh how philosophical y'all are............ Although this is a Z forum, this applies to all cars, the car marketeers have been trying to put their finger on this issue since the beginning of car time. It has nothing to do with the money or the ability to pay, it's all about passion.
Women and cars are very very much alike. Cars are definitely cheaper in the long run and definitely cheaper to get rid of when you're tired of it. ie: cars don't make little new cars that really cost a fortune.
From first hand experience, and having a coupla kids, it's pretty much like this: The passion is there, gotta have the car, it's beautiful, it's fast, it's exclusive, it's sooooo awesome. You get the car, it's beautiful, it's fast, it's exclusive, it's sooooo awesome. But like a woman, the lust wears off soon enough, then reality sets in, you have to work on it or pay a fortune for someone else to, insurance is freakin' expensive, gas milage sucks and soon enough you're eyeing the new Z or G or C6. Something that doesn't constantly need attention. This is what the kids get themselves into ...... most of them over their head. They spend their fortune for nothing except for one of lifes lessons.

IMHO, kids should be required to drive a few cheap P.O.S's and learn what is actually involved with car ownership. That way when they actually decide to get the car of their passions, they'll know whats required of the long term relationship. And hopefully there'll be less Z's being parted out on ebay because someone got into something way over their head.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Loves Going Topless

Nismo that's called addition, getting goosebumps and breaking out in a sweat just looking at it. j/k
hey I've spoiled all my kids the same, right now 2 out of 5 ain't too bad. 2 good ones that is. The 20 yr old got a 97' 240sx in 02, 27yr old got a cavelier still drives it, the 30 yr old got nothing she didn't graduate, the 32 yr old got a 85' chevy shorty step side which he promptly wrecked and was drunk as hell, the 34 yr old got an 82' GMC Shorty Step side P/U which she just sold last year, gave it to her in 87'. They had to graduate to get the cars. When they were all little they worked on the farm, except the 20 yr old. I had commerical eggs and they all helped gather them and the boy helped in the hay during the summers. By the time the 20 yr old was born I was out of the farming end of things and full into Hazardous and Trucking and teaching Haz/Mat.
It probably is mogaffar's money just controled by his folks.
I worked like a dog all my life and as all parents do we seem to make it easier on the kids, many times too easy.

Last edited by tnkrstoyco; 08-05-2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:16 PM
caught the z fever

i had to drive a POS Saturn SC1 for almost 2 years. id be suprised if it had more than 100 horsepower. and i thought i took pretty good care of that.
well now ive got a 300 with more than 2 times that hp and i am pretty happy i didnt have this first. i probably woulda wrecked it quite quickly. and i definately take better care of this car now too that i know what i am doing.
i was also saving up(or at least trying at times) for 3 years for this car.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:23 PM

My parents made a deal with me when I was 16. They would pay for a car as long as I kept my grades up and kept playing sports in school. They bought me a 1976 MG Miget for $750. That thing had 50hp on a good day. I had it for 2 years, then sold it for $1500 and bought my Z31 with extra $ I had saved.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:12 PM

My First car was a 1987 535is BMW, it was an awesome machine, there might be 1 other 535is around where I live, it was fast... but not to fast, it was RWD, and It was a extremely well built machine. I got the car because my dad used to have it and he was about to sell it when i was probably 12 and i asked him to keep it for me, and he did. When I got my Z I was going to have to pay for alot of it but I got a great deal and ended up coming out spending less than half what I expected, When I got my z32 it was so beautiful to me, I mean I love the car and still think its one of the best looking cars ever... but I mean it was the most beautiful car I could imagine... the first time I drove it ... An exp. i'll remember for the rest of my life. Although I didn't have to end up paying for my Z i respect it and treat it as best I can, But i agree... Im having to work my but off to mod this car up... but thats half the fun. honestly if i could have just bought a full modded say 500rwhp z to start I probably wouldn't even respect it half as much as the one I have now. But if u do get the car kid don't think youre hot **** and try to impress people, I am 18 and am a really experienced driver for my age but I still know my limits, this car is a rocket ship begging you to throw it into every turn and red line every gear, just don't give in and keep ur z taimed
Old 08-18-2004, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by MetalTear17
But if u do get the car kid don't think youre hot **** and try to impress people, I am 18 and am a really experienced driver for my age but I still know my limits, this car is a rocket ship begging you to throw it into every turn and red line every gear, just don't give in and keep ur z taimed
Good points.....snd this is from an N/A owner. A TT is even more. Are we going to add an obituary section to this forum?
Old 08-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Loves Going Topless

Maybe if we did start an Obit section for the car and one for the driver/passengers, it'd get some attention.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:17 PM

lol all i kno is i aint goin in der damintS! im living till im 80 with my 300zx!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:19 PM

Can you chill with the language and the crazy emo style aim text (it seemed to descibe it in my head) but yeah, just be carefull with the car, mine with the n/a motor (TT next summer!) is still a very powerful machine... o yeah also, make sure the z u get works good from the start I'm having issues with injector wiring as we speak
Old 08-19-2004, 08:22 PM

Well lets see i geuss im another one of the exceptions. Im a 16 year old male. who has a 1990 300z....yes my parents payed a whopping 2400 for my Z and i inherited tons of problems. My problems still are not resolved......but im paying for that car in every way i can.......blood sweat tears and cash. I bled from cutting hands twisting wrenches, ive put the sweat into working on it, ive cried over the fact that it still doesnt work.........and ive payed for most of the recent work done to it.......and i will have to pay for atleast half of the cost of the engine swap that it needs........I love my car more than anything, i cherish that car. and im putting all this money into it because this is the car i have wanted since i was 8 years old...........and i plan to keep it for as long as physicaly possible.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by mogaffar
lol all i kno is i aint goin in der damintS! im living till im 80 with my 300zx!
... Wow... Nuff' said.

Sense make more... No, or is it, make sense more... MAKE MORE SENSE. There we go.

-ZedEx
Old 08-20-2004, 10:28 AM

I hear hooked on phonics helps with that.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:38 PM

haha well i didnt know you guys wanted me to talk properly sorry :-\
Old 08-20-2004, 04:24 PM

We don't care. We're just giving you crap.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by mogaffar
haha well i didnt know you guys wanted me to talk properly sorry :-\
ti's fnnuy who kdis noaywads dno't teak teh tiem to sepll cortlryc nd uz poprer gamramr, butt we awalys kwno wuht teh mean.........
Old 08-20-2004, 07:12 PM

u no wat i be sayin 2 thos ppls who tell me dat dey hav nos an tubros an i luk under th hud n ther enine saz 3.0 an i lik that a li an then we fite 2 who noz mor an i win al da time word an get off my sipper

... Ok Sorry...

-ZedEx
Old 08-20-2004, 08:05 PM

LOL nismo i didnt understand one word you wrote and guys thanks for all the "crap" lol
Old 08-23-2004, 10:46 AM

Kinda sounds like Dr. Buddha.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Loves Going Topless

Speaking of Budda, did you hear what happened to his car. Some drunk kid hit it head on, it was parked in front of the house and I guess it's a total.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:19 PM

I heard. That sucks. If someone did that to my car I'd kill the person.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:50 PM
caught the z fever

he posted some pics of it in the gallery area.
yea if some drunk guy hit my car, he wouldnt even make it to rehab, or even to the jail

speaking of which, my car got egged two nights ago(along with my friends stealth), and i didnt find out about it until the eggs were boiling on my driveway.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
If someone did that to my car I'd kill the person.
What we have here is a lack of respect for other people's property.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Z1 ZONLY
I dunno, I have a mixed opinion on this. Just because my rents paid for my Z doesn't make me appreciate it any less. Everybody tells me "Man, if you earned the money to spend on that car yourself would appreciate it 1000 times more." I don't really see that being possible. I can't sleep at night because I think about my car so much; I can't peel my eyes off of the computer from learning as much as I possibly can about my car and the Z legacy.

Am I an exception? I think so. A lot of kids will just go out and do careless, idiotic things in the car their parents bought them. A lot. But I and a few other young Z owners I know, know, respect, and love their cars with everything they've got. I know the value of hard work. I know the value of saving money. But just because of my age does that make me ineligible to own a Z? I don't think so...

I know I'm not going to change anybodys opinion here, but this really is how I feel.
I agree with you here; i think that most people who go through the trouble of finding a Z worth keeping has enough respect for the car itself than to be a dumbass; i mean ill be straight up im only 17 almost 18 and ive been looknig for the right z since a was 16 and half and that year of looking i realized how rare and beautiful they are and i wont race it unless its on the track i lvoe it too muc hto take the risk of ruining such a beautiful car, but yeah im sure there are many dumb kds my age who find one and ruin it people jsut gotta use comon sense
Old 09-16-2004, 10:25 AM

Such as speeding up to enter an onramp covered in snow...

Sorry Orange, I had to.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:48 PM

lol... nice one 91... sorry... it was funny orange..... i agree w/ you guys.... i looked for my z for almost 4 months... when i found it, i was so happy.... i pretty much drive it semi fast.... not hauling ***. but not doing the speed limit either... but then again.... its a performance car, designed to do things alot of other cars on the road cant.... so there are those times where you just like to open it up.... its such a good feeling to just haul *** around a turn, like its nothing.... these are cars you really have to respect tho... they have so much power, and they move so smooth... its easy to speed in them... they are the man tho... i love driving my car... the ideal life would be to have a nice TT Z with a wide open windy road for us to just cruz down, all together, just havin fun, chilling in our cars... but thats just my opinion