300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 06:34 PM

New Guy

Hey...
Im 16 and im lookin to buy a 300zx. i jus wanted some info like which year should i get. and for upgrades
I needa kno how much it would cost

For Stage 1-5 ... i want around 450-500 hp. and money really isnt an issue i just want to kno the figures and wha parts i should get an what not. so if someone can help me out please do so and give me links for the parts if u can
thanks
Mo
Old 08-02-2004, 07:58 PM

Welcome to the board, i myself and new and looking for a TT Z32........unfortunatly it may take me longer than expected due to the $2400 a year insurance quote i got (im 17). The insurance company (its a local company) said they would take away the insurance on the car if i got so much as a ticket. it has something to do with it being a rare, fast sports car (cant remember the tenichal name they called it). There are some link threads to check out for buying guides and basicly everything you need to know, go to any of the 'sticky' threads, it will keep you busy reading for hours, trust me. Also, post questions on the board, these guys are smart. If you get a chance, talk to Rizzspeed....what a smart man.

If you get a inusrance quote, post on here what you find out so i can compare to what i got, i would probly be able to afford a z now if it werent for that. Im really hoping my insurance company is just high

Goodluck
Old 08-02-2004, 09:19 PM
caught the z fever

just go through this link...its rizzspeeds list of useful links
https://www.zdriver.com/showthread.php?t=8434

my insurance is 2700 a year with not tickets against me
Old 08-02-2004, 09:54 PM

I'm 16 with a ticket (86 in a 70, bumped down to 65 in a 60) and a wreck (bashed the fender on my sister's Civic) and I just went from paying $27 a month to $100 a month. I'm on my own policy with no collision. Allstate for those of you who are wondering.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:57 AM
caught the z fever

my dad wasnt the smartest when he got insurance for my car. its completely under my name and i have full coverage(which is good, but really expensive)
he coulda got almost 800 knocked off if he signed as primary driver.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by mogaffar
Hey...
Im 16 and im lookin to buy a 300zx. i jus wanted some info like which year should i get. and for upgrades
I needa kno how much it would cost

For Stage 1-5 ... i want around 450-500 hp. and money really isnt an issue i just want to kno the figures and wha parts i should get an what not. so if someone can help me out please do so and give me links for the parts if u can
thanks
Mo
$'s no option huh. That just about enough to make me sick.

You'll need to go further than stage 5 to get to 500 HP. This'll give you an idea....http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/9096nis307.html. This doesn't mention suspension, brake or drivetrain upgrades; which will be needed.

I don't mean to be negative, but a Z32 TT is too much car for a 16 year old. If you're dead set (no-pun intended) on this car, the I suggest you look into some life insurance policies also. As a side-bar,...it may help reduce your car insurance rates by having the multi-line discount.

I know that if I had a Z32 TT when I was 16 I wouldn't be here now.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
I know that if I had a Z32 TT when I was 16 I wouldn't be here now.
.......Or the 900 h.p. Civic?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
.......Or the 900 h.p. Civic?
LMAO.

Thanks, I needed that.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:51 PM

IM not gonna get all the modifications right away... i actually have lots of driving experience i drive my cousins 240sx all the time. and ive driven my other cousins 300zx many many times all on my permit. but yah the mods i wont get for bout 6 months mayb ill get the exhaust n intake soon but all of the other **** l8r
Old 08-03-2004, 05:52 PM

Money isnt an issue... Dude whatever.

Why dont you get a JDM Slicktop ZedX with a Single-Turbo fully raced prepped VG30DET pushing 1200bhp?

If money is not an issue that is...

-ZedEx
Old 08-03-2004, 06:15 PM

... money not an isssue meaning that i can spend up to like 30 grand... i think thas way mor than enuff for a 300zx.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:38 PM

How does a 16 year old have 30 grand to spend on a car.
Or is it mom and dad spending?
Old 08-03-2004, 08:12 PM

well my parents paying...
Old 08-03-2004, 08:45 PM
caught the z fever

dang.
its completley different for me right now.
im paying my parents for the car until i can get back on my feet
i wish i had some money
Old 08-04-2004, 05:33 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by b300z
dang.

i wish i had some money
ME TOO................
Old 08-04-2004, 11:28 AM

well my parents paying...
Don't take offense to this, but IMHO, that kinda ruins the experience. If you don't have to work hard to get your car to where you want it, then you lose a lot of the respect of the car and the satisfaction you feel that comes from a job well done. If $ isn't an option, then I'd say buy a vert Z32 and ship it to Z1 motorsports and have them do a TT swap and mod the hell out of it. Or, let NISMO and his people massage it.

Also, again IMHO, and no offense intended again, since you're 16, unless you started driving at the age of 10, you don't have enough driving experience for a 450 HP car. I believe NISMO will agree with me on that point. The Z32 is becoming, more and more, a rare car which borders on being a collector's/enthusiast's car. Don't wreck it.

A 240sx is a cream puff compared to a Z32 TT. Is your cousin's car a TT or an N/A?
Old 08-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

I only have one request of you.
Have your parents post your obituary on this site, so that others may learn.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:54 PM

Riz I think we got another saying we can quote you on now

Yea dude... Dont build a Fire-Breathing Zed... You are sixteen years old, what the hell do you need a high-spooling beast for?

Go get an EVOXIII or something... You should be able to get one for under thirty grand. They're easier to work on, less power than a TT, less insurance, and just a BIT more practical.

If you REALLY have you heart out for a high horse power Zed... Give me a PM, we'll talk. We have one imported right now, legalized, ready to roll.

JDM Fairlady Slicktops Twin Turbo. $15,000
Send it over to Z1 Motorsports and let them tickle it up for you. We mostly tune Skylines, but we can give it a whirl.

Anyways... What happened to kids earning their own things?

Life lessons your parents are robbing you of... (not trying to pick apart your Mother and Fathers parenting methods, in my opinion) These are things you should learn while your young.

Such as:

-Nothing is free
-You want something... Work for it
-If you cant afford it... DONT BUY IT
-Wipe your own butt.
-ETC ETC

-ZedEx

Last edited by NISMO LMR; 08-04-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:59 PM

O and 91zxtt... I agree with you 100%.

-ZedEx
Old 08-04-2004, 04:49 PM

well one reason why the paying for this is cuz about mor than half of that money is techincally mine... bday.. im muslim so those holidays i get like 2-3 grand a year from jus that... i worked with my dad at his Junkyard for bout 2-3 years during the summer fulltime.. i pulled anything cept dropping engines n {stuff}.. also i answered phonecalls so like really its my money but.. there paying for it.. and like i said im not gonnna mod the {heck} outta it the second i get it imma wait like 6 months maybe longer to do sum serious mods in the beginning ill have it at like stage 2. mayb some nice rims interior work exterior work but thas it then later when i get the feel of it ill mod the {heck} outta it
but yah thanks for the concern guys lol

o ya.. p.s. hope my parents dont need put that obituary on here :'(

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 08-06-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:23 PM

I dunno, I have a mixed opinion on this. Just because my rents paid for my Z doesn't make me appreciate it any less. Everybody tells me "Man, if you earned the money to spend on that car yourself would appreciate it 1000 times more." I don't really see that being possible. I can't sleep at night because I think about my car so much; I can't peel my eyes off of the computer from learning as much as I possibly can about my car and the Z legacy.

Am I an exception? I think so. A lot of kids will just go out and do careless, idiotic things in the car their parents bought them. A lot. But I and a few other young Z owners I know, know, respect, and love their cars with everything they've got. I know the value of hard work. I know the value of saving money. But just because of my age does that make me ineligible to own a Z? I don't think so...

I know I'm not going to change anybodys opinion here, but this really is how I feel.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:44 PM

Im earning and saving my own money for my Z.......this is why its taking so long. Parents wont even pay insurance, or half of it, or anything. Which they say is best and i do believe is true. You learn the value of something if you earn it instead of are just handed it. I have never driven a Z, just my friends wrx and mr2. And the Z has much more power than either of those, and that to me is just hard to even comprehend. TT Z32 might be to much for people our age but im going off to Wyoming Tech (automotive and high performance school) in January and plan to have my car by then so i can lean the car hands on and do any mod's myself. I dont really know what im getting at here but none without knowledge of the Z and its past shouldnt be allowed to have one.

LOVE THE Z
Old 08-04-2004, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Z1 ZONLY
I dunno, I have a mixed opinion on this. Just because my rents paid for my Z doesn't make me appreciate it any less. Everybody tells me "Man, if you earned the money to spend on that car yourself would appreciate it 1000 times more." I don't really see that being possible. I can't sleep at night because I think about my car so much; I can't peel my eyes off of the computer from learning as much as I possibly can about my car and the Z legacy.

Am I an exception?

Yea dude your an exception...

Your like me... You have a respect for Automotive Beauty... Yea you know the feeling.

You walk out in the driveway and get goosebumps just looking at your Zed... In my case, even though it doesnt run.

You get chills feeling 222bhp at your command.

We love cars more than life itself... Even more than women sometimes.

A car doesnt agrue when you take its top off... You tell it to go fast... It obeys... You tell it to put on some music... Done... Nothing in life is simpler, nor gives you as much joy.

... Thats something a lot of people cant respect, and those are the types of people who dont respect a car like a Zed.

Were a dying breed of Automotive Aficionados fella's. Dont die off.

"If your going to die... Die at the redline"

-ZedEx
Old 08-04-2004, 09:04 PM

well one reason why the paying for this is cuz about mor than half of that money is techincally mine... bday.. im muslim so those holidays i get like 2-3 grand a year from jus that... i worked with my dad at his Junkyard for bout 2-3 years during the summer fulltime.. i pulled anything cept dropping engines n {stuff}.. also i answered phonecalls so like really its my money but.. there paying for it.. and like i said im not gonnna mod the {heck} outta it the second i get it imma wait like 6 months mayb longer to do sum serious mods in the beginning ill have it at like stage 2. mayb some nice rims interior work exterior work but thas it then later when i get the feel of it ill mod the {heck} outta it
but yah thanks for the concern guys lol

o ya.. p.s. hope my parents dont need put that obituary on here :'(
Dude you gotta chill with the cussing... Your point would have been just as meaningless without it...

Haha, just messing

But seriously... Chill with it.

-ZedEx

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 08-06-2004 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:30 PM

mannn haha i cussed twice i think .. A haha !

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 08-06-2004 at 01:08 PM.