300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Bose help!!!! (any help apreciated)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 07:53 PM

A fuse problem maybe? My buds Lancer had a similar problem, even though they are VERY different (quality mostly), a ride to best buy and 2 bucks later the problem was fixed. But then again I know absolutely **** about systems. peace
Old 06-05-2003, 01:53 AM

Hmmmm....I was thinking, would it be possible to get the stock BOSE speakers replaced with new BOSE SPEAKERS?!?! is this possible? like, going to the BOSE dealer, or whatnot, and get new ones. just a thought....

can anyone tell me how many watts can the stock speakers take? I have a panasonic head unit, dont know what model...but it has standard 4 channel x 50 watts mosef. and my speakers sound like garbage after turning up the volume past 30, on a volume meter of 1 to 40.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:11 PM

Well in his particular problem it woudnt be neccesary, he said he doesnt think that they are blown. But once again, I know absolutely **** about systems.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:14 AM

I agree, me thinks that the problem is in the head unit. As for the other, Ill talk to the bose rep and ask him about replacement speakers. If it works like the home audio you will have to send in the the enclousers with the speakers if they will do it! I changed mine out. The only thing left is the rear enclouser. You can put a 7 inch speaker in the rear and if you make a 1 inch mounting pod for your doors you can mount 6x9's!
Old 06-16-2003, 06:57 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

Pick me Pick me Pick me Pick me Pick me!!!!!

Like most amplifiers you need three little things to turn them on (unlike women). Positive, Negative, and the ever popular ignition/turn on/antenna lead. On amps this is what turns them on and off or else they'd be on all the time, drain your battery and have you cussing like your grandad after he's run outta whiskey. To check this have your radio on, there should be like Four or Five wires going to the harness. (I don't remember if the amp gets its ground from where it's mounted or from the harness) either way it doesn't matter. take your test light/multimeter and ground it elsewhere. check the wires for 12+. you should have two sources/wires that light you up. now turn off your radio. now you should have only one. that is your constant, the other is your turn on lead, that's if everythings ok. if you don't get two from the get go then the one you didn't get a hit on is still you're turn on just with no juice. oh, by the way the other wires obviously should be your input/preamp/speaker wires. if your not gettin juice to the back speakers just run a jumper from your antenna to the turn on leads. that way they still turn on/off w/the radio. if this still doesn't work(they won't turn on) and the speakers are still good and you wanna keep those just replace the amps w/an aftermarket or you're gonna hafta go on e-bay to replace them. As for the guy with the Panasonic radio....reminder. This is a Bose system. Each speaker has its own amp. So treat it as such. I'm going to assume you bought a wiring harness to connect your radio and you didn't hack up the factory wiring. Just go to radio shack and get some rca ends. the ones with no wires... hook those up to the harness where you would normally hook up the speaker wires. The built in amp in your radio is designed to drive speakers...not amplified speakers. Your new jacks should then go to your preamp outputs in the back of your radio. Depending on the output voltage of your radio (higher being better, 2.0v+ is good,4.0v is better) you should now be getting your desired sound w/o the distortion. if not check your owners manual on your head unit to check your output votlage...some headunits only put out 0.5v to 1.0v

ok that was exhausting...hope i helped peace