300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

New to ZDriver Forum

Old 05-12-2011, 03:06 PM
  #1  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
New to ZDriver Forum

_____

Last edited by S2z; 05-18-2011 at 11:14 AM.
S2z is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 04:45 PM
  #2  
Sam
Registered User
 
Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 163
I knew i had seen your nickname somewhere !
your the guy with the ram air intake on the Z32..

Actually that is interesting however are there any proven dyno gains ?

Anyway welcome to ZDriver :-)
Sam is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 07:10 PM
  #3  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Dyno Gains...

_____

Last edited by S2z; 05-18-2011 at 11:14 AM.
S2z is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 07:37 PM
  #4  
The Good Twin
 
NismoPick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wild Wild West, UTAH!
Posts: 20,616
Dude... I dig your background... A LOT.

Welcome to ZDriver!
NismoPick is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 10:17 PM
  #5  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Thanks Bro...

_____

Last edited by S2z; 05-18-2011 at 11:13 AM.
S2z is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 02:03 PM
  #6  
Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
ZLover4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,316
lol yeah...

First off, there's a reason you think tt.net is "closed minded" - they prefer to mod for a purpose. Not bastardize their Z's...

Second, bolting on a Veilside body kit with a horrific rear valence onto your Z, and then slapping some aluminum siding under the side skirts with hinges is not "designing" a body kit, as you claimed to have done here:
http://twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/fo...r-support.html
Originally Posted by Idiot
As an Aerospace Engineer, I sat down and completed the calculations (including loads and stress analysis'), designed and built the Aero package installed on my Z.






Third, building Estes model rockets in your parents' basement doesn't make you an aerospace engineer. I am flat out doubting your background. (And before you question my background, know that I'm not making any claims about my own intelligence, but I have a M.Sc. in Mathematics and a certificate in Applied Mathematics if you wanted to know.) Real engineers DO NOT do what you did to your Z (in fact, it was ENGINEERS who designed the Z in the first place). And intelligent people don't invest in modifying a car while they're unemployed, as you did. My response on tt.net summed it up completely.

Fourth, the fuel efficiency gains you claimed are completely unsubstantiated. Show me the data (after keeping as much constant as you can, because you wouldn't want *****-footed driving being compared to heavy-footed driving) and I'll do the hypothesis testing for you, because you clearly don't know about statistics. I would bet that the weight you added in fiberglass and metal with that horrendous body kit would offset any possible (and unlikely) reduction in drag coefficient.

You're never going to escape tasteful Z32 owners... certainly not here, where I'm one of the few people who posts in this forum.

Try 300zxclub.com - I don't post there. They're more like you.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 05-13-2011 at 02:53 PM.
ZLover4Life is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 PM
  #7  
Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
ZLover4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,316
P.S. As seen in your tt.net thread on aero, here's some functional Z32 aero:



And left out of that post is the car that STILL HOLDS THE RECORD FOR E/BMS TOP SPEED.

http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/jb-z32/index.html?en
ZLover4Life is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 04:04 PM
  #8  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Don't Start...

_____

Last edited by S2z; 05-18-2011 at 11:13 AM.
S2z is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 04:14 PM
  #9  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
And your point being???

_____

Last edited by S2z; 05-18-2011 at 11:12 AM.
S2z is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 05:08 PM
  #10  
Intrawebz Wizard
 
BlueKitsune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vernal, UT
Posts: 3,176
Your Z reminds me more of a plane, it looks like it would lift horridly at high speeds.

I hope that kit is just a prototype. it really looks horrid.
BlueKitsune is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 06:14 PM
  #11  
Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
ZLover4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,316
Originally Posted by S2z View Post
Go back to the TT.net, as your comments are NOT appeciated here.
Just because you don't appreciate my comments doesn't mean they're not appreciated here (as in, this forum, which has existed for a long time without you). In fact, I seem to be voicing the common sentiment. From the "show off your Z" thread...

Originally Posted by hoov100 View Post
I held in the laughter until I saw the rear.... Almost everything besides the front bumper looks like it's either made out of compressed cardboard or plywood.


I have to ask though, what is visually pleasing about that car to you?
Originally Posted by BlueKitsune View Post
As someone once said

"WHAT THE **** IS THAT!?"
You'll quickly learn that most of the Z32 community has taste. Your car does not.

What competitive advantage do you think you're saving by not posting details? NOBODY wants their car to look like yours. LOL It's like if I were to make the worst tasting meal in the history of mankind, and then I told people I wouldn't give out the recipe because I want to be the only one who can make it. Truth of the matter is, nobody else wants to make it anyway.

As I said on TT.NET, any one of us would gladly sacrifice a decimal or two of drag coefficient and a couple potential miles per gallon to NOT have our cars look like yours. Increased aerodynamics aside (please tell me where I said that streamlining the aerodynamics near the ground and undercarriage wouldn't improve things... oh, wait, I didn't - in fact, you don't really know anything about my familiarity with aerodynamics), there are MUCH more tasteful ways to do achieve it.

And you've yet to really refute anything I've said. Where's your evidence supporting the fuel efficiency gains? I'd love to sift through it and draw real conclusions... it seems to me like you took one trip on the highway and got better mileage and drew a conclusion from the one sample. If you're as intelligent and educated as you claim to be (which your misspelling of things like "rediculous" - it's ridiculous, by the way - doesn't support), you'd have known that you cannot draw any solid conclusions from a sample of one.

Regarding your hinged sideskirt extensions, the material is COMPLETELY beside the point. You may as well have used aluminum siding and some door hinges - that area shows the least effort of the entire car... there's almost no visible engineering in them at all. And the sideskirts themselves were probably purchased on eBay (unless you splurged and actually bought legitimate Veilside components,, which I deem unlikely since people like you usually do their parts shopping on the internet flea market). If I saw the car in person, I would not be surprised one bit if the hinges were purchased from Home Depot...

The bottom line is that you're a disgrace to the Z enthusiast community because of what you've done to a previously beautiful car. And your presence on this forum further supports my belief that the segment of tasteless Z32 owners has grown more this spring than any other in the 10 years I've been a part of this community.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 05-13-2011 at 06:38 PM.
ZLover4Life is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 05:17 AM
  #12  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Your Opinion is MOOT

.....

Last edited by S2z; 05-19-2011 at 09:31 AM.
S2z is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 05:25 AM
  #13  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Missed the point (again)

.....

Last edited by S2z; 05-19-2011 at 09:30 AM.
S2z is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 05:56 AM
  #14  
Sam
Registered User
 
Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 163
I personally don't dig the look of your Z...
But as you said its your vehicle & u can do anything you want..

Aside from everything, you seem like a hard worker
Props to that !
Sam is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 06:23 PM
  #15  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
_____

Last edited by S2z; 05-18-2011 at 11:12 AM.
S2z is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 07:02 PM
  #16  
Ruff Ryder
 
hoov100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: palm desert
Posts: 6,140
Should have read the entire thread before making my original response. To be honest here, if your background was as technical as you said it was and you actually knew what you where doing when it comes to fluid dynamics, you would have no problem posting these calculations, formula's and theories that led you to believe that your body kit is actually efficient at decreasing drag while increasing downforce. Also if you know anything about aerodynamics AT ALL, you would have vented the radiator exhaust to the top of the car.

Last edited by hoov100; 05-14-2011 at 07:11 PM.
hoov100 is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 07:28 PM
  #17  
Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
ZLover4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,316
Originally Posted by S2z View Post
Call me nieve', but aren't this forum's purpose is to support each other?
I just don't get how insulting someone's ride, their professionalism, their career and even their intgrity is being supportive.
We're Z enthusiasts, not Z owner enthusiasts. We support the cars, not people who bastardize them. We actually like how the car looked to begin with. :gasp:

And why do we do what we do? Because when we see what you've done, all we see is one less respectable, clean Z32 in the world. They're becoming more rare simply due to aging... your help in making clean Z32's a rare sight is not appreciated.

Originally Posted by S2z View Post
I think that the admins of these forums should do a better job at moitoring the abuse that happens on them (my 0.02 worth)
And I'd prefer they keep their membership to the highest caliber of Z owners (the ones who don't have multi-colored Veilside body kits with air filters sticking out of them, for example), but we can't always get what we want.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 05-14-2011 at 07:40 PM.
ZLover4Life is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 04:39 PM
  #18  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Rebuttal to ZLover4Life

_____

Last edited by S2z; 05-18-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Deleting
S2z is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 05:18 PM
  #19  
Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
ZLover4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,316
Originally Posted by S2z View Post
An interesting detail for members of this forum think about:
This guy is so stuck in his pig-headed opinions, that he followed me from another website just to express his disapproving narrow-minded opinions...
Its pretty obvious this moron needs to be on medication...
I'm the moron? Look at my join date, ****tard. I was here LONG before you were. I was on TT.NET LONG before you were, too. If you wonder why anybody doubts that you're an engineer of any kind, it's because you're just about the dumbest person most of us have seen post on the forums in a long time. Seriously, my join date is posted directly under my avatar, for everyone to see.

And if you want value in posts, ask around here about me. Search for my posts. Not one of them is "hi! I'm a wannabe aerospace engineer and here's all the 'work' I did to my car! Stroke my ego!"

In fact, I'm one of a very small group of people who keep this forum informative.

And regarding the relationship between education and advancement of the field, I fully encourage advancement of the field. But what you did to your car is the equivalent of what a new take on creationism would do for science. It's not advancement. It's what 16 year olds do to their Civics. People who actually advance the technology of the Z32 include Kuah at SPL Parts, Greg Dupree at Specialty Z, Ash Powers, Bernie Bilski, Mike Smith, Jim Selin, etc. Look them up and take a look at their cars. They contend in time attack (Kuah), they run 9's in the quarter mile while being daily drivers (Greg), they develop technology that makes the car use fuel and air more efficiently. THOSE are advancements. And I'd bet that Kuah's very stock-looking time attack car is more aerodynamic than your monstrosity.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 05-17-2011 at 05:45 PM.
ZLover4Life is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 05:31 PM
  #20  
Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
ZLover4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,316
Just to demonstrate....

Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Thank God there is Zlover in the forum lol
In question 3 i meant that the Clutch master cylinder is not OEM but i have been running on it for more than a year without problems.
Originally Posted by sidneyam View Post
Zlover was right the o ring was pinched. I bought a new oring and reinstalled the injector and made sure it sat right. That's really weird tho. Can one injector really cause the engine not to start?
Originally Posted by sidneyam View Post
Maybe he should've read the proper way to post so he wouldn't be so sensitive lmao. Guess some people cry when Zlover tells the truth no holds barred
Originally Posted by hxc251 View Post
zlover thanks for the links, thats exactly what i was looking for but just couldnt find it, i appreciate all the help
Originally Posted by domsgarage View Post
Zlover is probably one of the most knowledgeable members in here.

Dont be a dick because you dont like someones response, noob.
Originally Posted by NismoPick View Post
Welcome to ZDriver!

Click: https://www.zdriver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8959



ZLover & several other Z32 experts will probably know more...

Originally Posted by evandubya View Post
zlover is correct.
Originally Posted by domsgarage View Post
its already refreshing to read a zlover response.
Originally Posted by BlueKitsune View Post
What Zlover said. lol I would know!
Originally Posted by ezAction83 View Post
Thanks Dom and Zlover. I believe I have cornered the problem with the idle and fuel injectors. Apparently this is a common problem. Also I'm gonna have a mechanic check the syncros for me...hopefully this isn't too costly of a repair. Thanks again!
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Okay zlover so you recommend for me ztuner's ECU.. and i really trust you because of your huge knowledge about the z32..
That's just from the first page of searching "ZLover." You wanna talk about being useful to the forum? Where's your contribution? I've been here, helping, for nearly 6 years now.

Have a nice day.
ZLover4Life is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:00 PM
  #21  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Everyone on this forum should read this...

______

Last edited by S2z; 05-18-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Deleting
S2z is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:21 PM
  #22  
Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
ZLover4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,316
Oh wow. Well I designed this:



See how easy it is to post pictures and make claims on a website? You've not proven anything. Where's your name on the designs? Picture of you with the prototype? You've proven nothing. You're just making yourself look like a fool. You're the only one who thinks you don't.

You can click on every one of those quotes I posted and it'll take you directly to the thread where I've proven my worth on here. You've talked about your intelligence... how about you stick around for a few years and try to prove it.

And once again, I ask you where I've denied anything you've quoted about aerodynamics. I've said your car wasn't aerodynamic, and you've replied that you've done stuff to the underbody that you won't show. Quote reputable sources all you want, I'm not denying them... I'm denying that YOU have done anything beneficial to your car's aero.

P.S. Rocket science only sounds more impressive than mathematician... in actuality, rocket scientists know little about math beyond calculus. We've moved on far from what Newton did in the 17th and 18th century. In fact, the entire field of theoretical astrophysics is mathematics. Stephen Hawking is considered a mathematician. Ultimately, mathematics existed before rocket science, and would continue to exist were it to disappear today; rocket science, on the other hand, would not exist without mathematics - it is wholly dependent on it. So brag about being a rocket scientist all you want... it doesn't impress me, and it certainly doesn't trump mathematician. We're the ones who figure out how the universe works.

Arguing with you is getting old. You've not proven a damn thing on this site or twinturbo.net, despite all your claims. You claim better fuel efficiency, but have supplied no data to verify. You claim more aerodynamic, but I see no wind tunnel results. You asked for CAD designs of brake systems for the Z32 on twinturbo.net, but you posted none yourself. You've talked about planes you've worked on, but there's little support (make that no support) for you telling the truth. See what I'm getting at here? Stop making claims that you can't or won't back up. You challenged my worth here and I provided PROOF that I've been helping here for a long time. THAT is what I want - I'm a mathematician, I want PROOF. Without it, you have no value. You're welcome to stay on this forum and ask questions (which I'll likely be the one to answer), but you're not capable of upsetting me, and you don't impress me. You're just a person who took a beautifully symmetric and well-aesthetically-balanced Z32 and ruined it.

Since I'm tired of saying "prove it," we'll try a new strategy. You get what you want - you can argue with yourself until you prove all your claims. I just want the record to show that you have not proven anything I've challenged.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 05-17-2011 at 08:11 PM.
ZLover4Life is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 08:37 PM
  #23  
Ruff Ryder
 
hoov100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: palm desert
Posts: 6,140
I would like to add one thing here, Say you have the expertise, say you helped develop all these air and space craft. Then it would be easy to explain in a technical sense the modifications of your car.

Now on to the details. (I'm running late for work so I'll update this later)

The rear "diffuser" on a car is supposed to straiten out and decrease turbulence in the air exiting from under the car. In order to do this effectively and on a measurable scale, then fins of the diffuser must sit no higher then 2.5 inches off the ground.

Now also the horizontal fins if there are any should be as flat and inline with the belly pan as possible.

Now don't tell me you went through all that work and don't even have a belly pan? If you had any REAL aerospace experience or have even read a few car magazines, you would know that it's far easier and efficient to keep the air from going under a car in the first place (not adding side skirts that will trap air under the car)

Now for those "spiroids" if you had done any research on the z32 or had any REAL aerospace experience you would know that those "spiroids" don't even come into contact with any air that has hit the body of the z.

Not only that, but "spiroids" where added to the tips of the wings to decrease drag, because if you had any REAL experience in aerospace you would know that a large majority of private jet designs suffer from drag and turbulence off the leading edge of the tip of the wing.
hoov100 is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 PM
  #24  
S2z
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Everyone on this forum should read this...

.....

Last edited by S2z; 05-18-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Deleting
S2z is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 PM
  #25  
Intrawebz Wizard
 
BlueKitsune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vernal, UT
Posts: 3,176
I'd really rather you just shut up.

The Arguing is getting old. Both of you stop pouring fuel in the fire.

ZLover knows what hes doing and has been amazingly helpful here on the forums. The End

BTW not to split hairs or anything but something doesn't look right with that plane... it doesn't look functional at all. More like some sort of model
BlueKitsune is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to ZDriver Forum


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.