300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

400 Hp mark

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 02:59 AM
Sam

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
an air filter is... somewhat of a lifetime product. the JWT, as well as the K&N filter are cleanable, and probably will last the life time of the vehicle. the way you're moding your car, i'm sure it'll last far longer than your engine will.

what you're confused about is how to mount the filter. eric is snwbrdrphat540 or whatever, and he's pointing out that you can't just get the filter and clamp it on somewhere. you need an adapter to mount the filter nicely to the MAF. i'm sure "the best shop in lebanon" can ghetto rig something for you, but if you want to have anything less than a shitty *** job on your car, you'll just buy the JWT filter that comes with this part.

K&N isn't necessarily bad, but JWT is better, and JWT comes with the adapter, or venturi, that you need to mount it nicely.
Thanks Kasbek at least u do convince me in a way unlike other people .. i'm gonna save for a JWT dual pop chargers and the ECU and order them at the same time.. anyway should i give him my OEM ECU in order to give me the JWT ECU?? or i can leave my ECU with me?? can u send me a link to both products (with the selin translator) or at least tell me exactly there cost excluding shipment... Thanks alot dude..
Btw remember when i told you about the car when it sometimes get ugly ( when accelerating it sometimes ,very rarely tho, stop and then re-accelerate.. i asked a mechanic about it .. he said that it is something realted to fuel.. when this happens fuel isnt delivered to the engine so he suggested to change the fuel filter.. so i wanted to ask you about it..
Old 05-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Pr0n Addict

i guess you found the links you need.

when you buy a new ECU, a core is usually required (well, they usually give you a lot of money back for it anyway), so yes, expect to send it back.

fuel filter is possible i suppose. i can't really think of anything that i know of to cause hesitation upon acceleration. is this as soon as you hit the pedal, or is it sometime while you're accelerating?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Sam

ohh ok..
NO its not as soon as i hit the pedal..
it happens just a sudden when im already stepping on the gas usually when i depress the gas pedal to the max .. i'm sure it's something related to fuel delivery.. i dont think its something in the spark plugs right ?...
Old 05-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Pr0n Addict

it's possible. also TPS is suspect. this is the kind of thing you'll have to do some research for. i don't know off the top of my head. do replace your fuel filter and test your TPS though.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Sam

I dont think TPS might be the problem !! i made a research about it and its symptoms aren't as close to what is happening to me.. my car does turn off when i depress slightly on the pedal when idling...
I wish i knew what's the problem it pisses me off :S
Hope it is the fuel filter tho..
btw dude why do you ask me about the aluminum IC pipes if i bought them ??
Old 05-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Pr0n Addict

it's probably not the fuel filter. if your car flows enough fuel to get to pull at all, then the fuel filter is not causing it to stall at idle. the real thing to do here would be to hook up an external fuel pressure gauge. get one meant to be mounted, run it up behind the hood and into your window and watch it. when your car bogs, does the pressure drop?

and there are a ton of different symptoms that can be caused by the TPS not working properly. i really wouldn't rule it out.

fuel pressure regulator and dampener are both possible culprits as well. you should replace those, your spark plugs, and your fuel filter all just as regular maintenance. i'm sure most or all of them have never been done before.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Sounds to me like modding the car should be the least of your concerns. One thing at a time.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Sam

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
it's probably not the fuel filter. if your car flows enough fuel to get to pull at all, then the fuel filter is not causing it to stall at idle. the real thing to do here would be to hook up an external fuel pressure gauge. get one meant to be mounted, run it up behind the hood and into your window and watch it. when your car bogs, does the pressure drop?

and there are a ton of different symptoms that can be caused by the TPS not working properly. i really wouldn't rule it out.

fuel pressure regulator and dampener are both possible culprits as well. you should replace those, your spark plugs, and your fuel filter all just as regular maintenance. i'm sure most or all of them have never been done before.
man you're not getting the point it doesnt stall at idle !!!! the car is very good at idle!! its way different than what you think !!! let me clarify ! i start the car.. i accelerate and when the rpm reaches about 6000 lets say, the rpm goes crazy and drops very quickly to lets say 3000 then goes up again quickly to 6000 ... i change gears immediately and then it acts as if nothing has happened everything goes back to normal .. i really dont know how to explain precisely !! imagine you're revving (the speed of the rpm goin up is the same speed as when it goes crazy and goes down)

anyway i was lookin on some videoz on you tube ! and i guess there's someone with a z31 that have the same problem as mine ! "MP2907 i needd help!!!!! my 300zx 1986 when i aselerate my car it turns of it reacts like if theres no power it acts like it has no air i idont knoow if its a sensor ??? any ideas when i aselerate it feels like it has no gasoline but if i leave it in adle without acelerating it sounds normal ??"

i dont know if this helps you in any way.. i guess its something common in both the z31 and z32..

i really aint in the situation of changing things that are the possible ones.. i need to have the exact solution because im not a rich guy... anyway i told you before it doesnt happen frequently...

Anyway Kasbekz do you have an email address or something i could chat with you i really need to ask you some questions and after that i"ll stop bothering all of you.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Pr0n Addict

Originally Posted by Sam
my car does turn off when i depress slightly on the pedal when idling...
yeah, you did say that it was stalling at idle.

your problem sounds a little bigger than i thought it was. i thought you were having a hesitation, not a massive regress in acceleration.

what you might try is cleaning the MAF really well with MAF cleaner.

i don't remember, have you run the codes? it could be a fuel pressure problem, but if you need to know before you try to fix it, you need to test the fuel pressure. i'm sure the "best shop in lebanon" can hook you up a fuel pressure gauge temporarily.

so that's two things you need to do before we talk more. clean MAF with MAF cleaner, and set up a fuel pressure gauge that you can watch while you drive to see what the fuel pressure is doing while it bogs down.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Über User

and check for ECU codes.

idk if this was asked, or mentioned, but is the car auto?

and do you have a camera that will record video? if so try to capture it doing the problem in action and post it on photobucket or youtube. i'd be interested in seeing this.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Sam

Oh sry i meant it DOESNT turn off when i depress slightly on the gas pedal... and well im really not familiar in "testing" things in cars.. yeai can hook up a fuel pressure gauge..

well i think its a pain in the *** the try to capture it since it only happens during a second and then goes like nothing has happened.. for example yesterday i drove my car back home for like 10 mins i drove in all conditions and nothing happened.. i dunno what it is ... Anyway i"try to catch it on video

Now for the MAF, well i guess the original owner has screwed something up.. since when i looked under the nose panel the MAF is all glued with silicone so i left it and didnt touch it not to cause any trouble !