300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

Stop the wetness

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 09:03 PM

I cant answer ur question about ur water problem under the passenger seat YET. I have the exact same problem and I am frantically trying to find the source. But heres a start though for u to begin with...
U need to check all windows to make sure they re sealin properly. Get a buddy to take a water hose and run it all over the cracks and seams of the car while U sit inside of it with a flash light. While he is doing that..feel around, lookm and listen to see if u can narrow down the spot of entry.
On the underside of the doors, there are little rectangular vents that drain water from ur door panel. u need to make sure they are free of dirt too. If they are stopped up, then water can back up into ur cabin area.
The last thing u can do is to make sure ur A/C drain tube isnt clogged up. Look on the underside of ur car and u ll find it. Take an air hose and blow some compressed air up into it to break up waterever is blocking the passage.

I have done all of these. And I think my leak is coming from around the firewall or front cowl area. I cant see where any water is coming in anywhere..and it only gets wet in HARD rain.

For ur rear hatch part..check again to make sure the rear glass is sealed good. You can also check to make sure no water is comin in around either the wind sprayer or windshield wiper. DO u have a spolier on the car? I would suspect any where there is a hole. Sorry..i know that doesnt help much. Doin the water hose check would be ur first order of business. And then u can go from there.\

i cant help at all with the tranny Q? b/c both of my Z32 are 5 spd.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Bad Speller

for the back if wing is what you got it's your best bet i took off the wing and added some of teh sylicone gasket to thatr nissan sells to teh holes for the screws ad teh screws problme fixed.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:10 AM

maybe for the rear its where the wiper arm meets the motor. water was gettting into my rear upper panel thru that. might want to check that out. mine was missing a rubber boot(or whatever the correct name for that part is).