300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

micro suede

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:07 AM

micro suede

Hello all,
I'm new here and so far have enjoyed reading many of these post and all the tips I have seen. There is something I'm curious about, is there some way to spruce up the micro suede trim that makes up the interior. Mine is a light tan color and is black in several areas from years of neglect, not mine the PO. Is there a product that can be sprayed on like "micro suede in a can" or something.

Thanks

Tony
Old 03-26-2012, 11:19 AM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

Are you asking about cleaning or painting the suede?

For cleaning, just use a cleaner meant for suede. If you are talking about painting, get a fabric paint (talk to someone at your local fabric store) and go to town... though if it's dirty, paint won't stick anyway.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uhrlto
Hello all,
I'm new here and so far have enjoyed reading many of these post and all the tips I have seen. There is something I'm curious about, is there some way to spruce up the micro suede trim that makes up the interior. Mine is a light tan color and is black in several areas from years of neglect, not mine the PO. Is there a product that can be sprayed on like "micro suede in a can" or something.

Thanks

Tony
I have the exact same tan suede in my 93 convertible that was kind of trashed by the previous owner. If you find a solution let me know, I will do the same.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by miataZowner
I have the exact same tan suede in my 93 convertible that was kind of trashed by the previous owner. If you find a solution let me know, I will do the same.
I bought some KIWI suede cleaner and it will work with some elbow grease, my problem is that some of it is worn down to nothing. Concept Z sells the entire new panel in black only at about 375.00 ea. Good luck.